Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help! Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help!

Unread 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help!

(((Grace))) using the Estrace vaginal cream should help speed the healing and also keep the walls of the vagina moist and elastic so they'll be 'ready' to stretch when needed.

When you go back to the DR, I would ask about the feeling of blockage you're having. Chances are, it will fade away as the tissues heal, but there is a small possibility that it won't.

I had to have a second repair surgery after my TVH with A&P repairs because a bridge of scar tissue, called a vaginal adhesion, formed connecting the front and rear incision lines basically dividing my vagina in two about halfway up, totally preventing penetration by anything larger than a Premarin cream applicator - even that was tough.

The surgery to remove the adhesion and restitch and cauterize the incisions was a piece of cake, relatively speaking. It was done as day surgery under light anesthesia and took only about 20 minutes; I went home about an hour or so after waking up and resumed most of my normal activities within a couple of days. The discomfort was minimal, totally manageable with OTC Motrin.

I did have to use Premarin cream three times a day for three weeks to make sure the area healed properly and didn't stick back together, though, which meant I had to wear a pad for those three weeks. After that, I switched to Vagifem to maintain vaginal health and moisture and haven't had any further problems.

Hopefully you won't need another procedure - but I wanted you to know that if it turns out you do, it's nothing to get too worried about.

Let us know how things go, OK?
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 09:59 AM

Linda,
thanks for sharing that! I had wondered what would happen if that tissue is still there. I would rather go through the outpatient surgery than be handicapped as far as future sexual activity goes!!! On the off chance that I might someday . )
Unread 02-04-2008, 04:07 PM

Grace,

When you tried to use the cream was that a day or two after having the silver nitrate applied?? I know when I had that done my vagina walls felt cemented!! About four days later it was much better. I too have grandulation-scar tissue.. I am 8 months post - op and have been having problems with my scar.. looking at a second surgery to repair.. I hope you find answers soon! Take care.. I wish you nothing but the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM

I should have been using the estrace cream all along, but started it the night after the treatment. I explored the area that night, and my vagina felt totally blocked up. I couldn't put my finger in very far. I hope this silver nitrate helps, if not, I'm sure I'll be a candidate for the outpatient procedure. Sure hope yours clears up soon. Let me know how yours all works out!
I wish you the best also!
Grace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register