Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 101 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Alayne

Happy Birthday and many more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 07:34 AM

I this board. We can talk about so many things and we feel comfortable enough to share. I guess when you go through what we went through then nothing is taboo.
Happy Birthday, Alayne! I love your name!
I started my Zoloft yesterday or as I call them, crazy pills. I am determined to do little bits everyday, little errands. In 2 weeks I am going to be left alone with 4 kids and I need to make sure I am ready. I can't wait to be with my DH after that as well. It has been since June. I told him that I needed to get some lingerie that fits my new post pg body. He laughed and said you won't need it the first time. Won't last long enough. Ha Ha. I am glad he still has his sense of humor during everything we have been through.
I went yesterday to try and find an Easter dress and nothing fit. I am restricted to dresses that button or skirts and tops because I am nursing. Nothing fit at all! I was so disheartened. I told my 5 YO, my Swelly Belly won't fit into anything. She thought that was the funniest thing. Not hard to make a 5 YO laugh.
Hope everyone is doing well today! Love you bunches.
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:34 AM

Alayne...Happy Birithday! I think you are in Australia correct? So,, is your birthday today, March 13th or tomorrow March 14?. You said it was tomorrow but Im wondering what day you wrote tha?!?!! The rest of you are probably thinking... BRAIN FOG>>lol.. but knowing the time differences is it not a legitiamte question? And the reaon for the question, my birthday is tomorrow, the 14th, I will be 54. Im not a big birthday person, spoil the heck out the kids and my grandaughter of course, but dont really care to do much for myself. My daughter and I will go out for lunch, she took they day off and has to have a dress fitting for a wedding she will be in in August. Both kids and spouses and Lanie my grandaughter, and both of the kids dogs...lol.. will come here Sat. for dinner. This is the one time in the year my husband cooks... well grills... and my kids bring the rest. Its chaotic with 3 dogs, the baby, all both kids and spouses, but we have fun.

LTR... Its not uncommon for the symptoms you are describing to happen after any major surgery actually, but particulary after a hysterectomy. Somewhere on this site i read where one of the women went to her eye care practioner and her vision had changed 2 full steps, and he knew she had a hysterectomy before she told him, ANY hormonal change can change other parts of the body, and your dry eye syndrome may just be increasing in intenisity. Even if you have kept your ovaries ( and i think you did right) hormonal changes are occuring. This could be temporary, and once the healing process is over and things are more normal so will your eyes. Have you tried Restasis? Its a dry eye therapy routine that we use frequently in our practice and have had great results. I have found it worked great myself. While i cant wear contact lenses, i do have dry eyes and found the Restasis very helpful. Ask your Dr about it as it is prescription. I also use Systane as a wetting drop, every morning and night. Ive used others, but for me Systane works the best. Its OTC, but again ask your Dr... we have tons of samples in our office, he might too. He might also have Restasis samples, that can be expensive and it is nice to try it to see if you get some relieve first. There are also quite a few contact lenses designed specifically for dry ey. Coopervision makes the Proclear line, which is our first choice lens. It sounds as though you may be already in a lens for that purpose though. Having said all of that, this might be a wait and see sort of situation, knowing you are only 6weeks post op, things might get better, or your Dr may want you to begin some sort of treatment right away. Also, it could be a mild infection, doesnt sound like it, but if you were our patient i would want you to see the Dr anyway to rule that out. Since it is almost time for your yearly appt, go and see what he/she says. (We dont hurt! lol)
Oh one more option... I KNOW you are sitting at your computer a lot now lol ( how would i know that!) Is this typical for you? Are you on it a lot more than normal? If you are, this could be another part of the problem. Eye strain from staring at one distance for any length of time can dry out the eye. In my case blur it! lol ( thats age) It helps to be mindful to blink now and then , look away from your computer occasionally, give your eyes a break from the constant computer distance. Because of my age, ( if i had a dime for every time i hear that) i have a pair of glasses designed with a prescription for my computer, just as i do reading and distance. Anyway, that might be a cause of the dry eye too.

I finally got a good nights sleep.. with the help of Ambien. My Dr called and script in and my husband brought it home last night, and it worked great. I woke up once to go the the bathroom ( another one of those "at your age things") but then went right back to sleep and slept till 730. So ifeel good this morning, not much pain either. I have to go to work today to do some training but am only planning on about 4 hours. Hopefully i will feel okay even after that. I have to say, i am enjoying these mornings of not rushing to get to work.. wake up when want, cup of coffee, this website,, at my leisure... going to be tough to return to being first at the office and having to open every day.
Everyone have a great day! Its going to be beautiful here in Chicago, low 50s and sunny, I so wish i could get the dog out for a walk. Unfortunately Logan is 80lbs, and while very well lease trained.. thats only until he sees another dog, then we have major issues! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 07:38 AM

Good morning all,

I am 5 weeks today, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!. One more week down and how many to go? Well anyway, I feel good this morning except for the sensitive abdomen that everyone seems to have so that is good.

I realized this morning my last day of peaceful healing was yesterday and that is kind of sad I guess. My DH's parents flew in last night from TN and are staying at my sister-inlaw's house until Sunday. So that means family events starting late this afternoon thru Sunday and then I am to start working full time Monday morning. I hope I am up for it, since I left the hospital 3 days after my surgery I have only had 2 days that I did not take a 2-4 hour nap and I paid for it the next day by being very sore and taking like 2 naps of 2-3 hrs each. I'm now wondering what the nap policy is at work, LOL!!!
I dont think it will happen. Is anyone else nervous about returning to work or afraid after a day or two of work they will discover that they need more time to heal????

This is such a rollercoaster ride of healing and not knowing what tomorrow or even the next hour of healing might be like is mentally straining. It is impossible to make plans and stick to them!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am venting now. Ok venting is over.

Happy B-day Alayne!!!!

I have to get going and clean up alittle around here, my house is not fit for company at the moment.

Everyone feel great today,

Michelle

TAH, USO, right Oophectomy
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM

Here I am again -keyboard challenged!!
Love reading all the posts and yes have many of same symptoms so thanks to all!! I have been fortunate to be able to rest alot-don't work outside the home and very supportive hubby. Plus I',ve really lowered my standards!!
About a week post surg my DH said he'd like our family to go on a cruise for spring beak-how sweet!! That is now only 9 days away and as most of know our bodies are is no shape for a cruise!! I mean being back to our summer clothes-mostly just wearing sweats and barely able to wear our favorite jeans yet~!! So, that's what I'm plowing through now-seeing what I have that fits and then shop for a few items that I'll feel good in and comfortable too(and maybe a little cute,too!)
What a tough spot to be in,right? I'm going to really enjoy this cruise and really relax and soak everything in!!
Off to the closet!!
Kay
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM

Happy Birthday Alayne,
Happy Birthday to you
I pray that the Lord Blesses you
to see many more,
I bid this greeting to you!
Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate
Celebrate the NEW you in Life
Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy
Here's to the NEW YOU, NO MORE MENSTRAL PAIN & STRIFE!
Dance (If you're not in too much pain) like there is no
tomorrow, and enjoy your B-day!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:06 AM

Hi to all

Alayne I hope it is a great week for you.

Belly a little sore. Sleeping good now. Do more driving and little bit of house work. and still going on. Some days moody. Also had a the frist O. I am off all pain meds again.

Kids

Be a woman who had not had a baby still makes me cry some times, and seeing baby and kids does to. My BF, his son (14)(also he has a girl 10), and I when to a 2 year old and 10 year old B-day party this pass weeken. So may kids. I was resting watching TV and the little B-day girl came by and cawl up into my lap. It was great and sad at the same time. BF son has ask to come down every weeken now. He said he like that we are a famliy, and do things as a famliy. That at home they rearly eat dinner together, and mom does not make breakfast any more not even on the weeken. We both cook and if the kids are here they help and we sit down and have home made meals with no TV on and chat. Also we each spening time with him. He has alreadly check to see if he can get the bus here. I thing also that we do not yell at them like there mom does. She need some help on how to talk and not yell at them. I guess I become more of a friend and a somewhat of a step-mom now. We have told him he is more that welcome to live here with us. For now he want to stay with us for the weekens and summer. I am happy about it. I think he need his father at this age, but is a little scary for me. Sorry just had to type this out.

Have a wonderful day to you all.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM

Hi everyone,

Happy Birthday Alayne!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and are celebrating it to the fullest!! :-) This IS the first day of your NEW life.... that is so exciting. :-)

Tell us all about your day when you are able. I'm glad the appointment at the physchologist went so well. I think that is great that you are going to write about the things they told you write about. It'll really help you dig deep inside and search inside yourself. That is great!

I also had adenomyosis in my uterus (along with fibroids). I had a lot of pain, which the adenomyosis creates. I'm glad they got it all out of you and you will now not have to worry a bit about your period! None of us will! :-)

Paula: thanks so much for the great response about my eyes. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor sometime in the next week or two (when I can get into him). I have not heard of Restasis, but I will ask about it. The lubricating eye drops I've always used is Similisan (I think I'm spelling that right).... but I might see if they have the ones you recommended (Systane) and try those. The lens I use is Bausch & Lomb Pure Vision - they are monthly disposables. I actually used to use Cooper Vision, and those worked great, too. I can't remember what line in Cooper Vision it was that I wore, but it has been probably 3 years since I've worn them. The reason my doc had me switch to the Pure Vision ones is at the time, the Cooper Vision lens did not have a montly disposable lens that was comfortable in my eye. At the time, the only Cooper Vision lens that was comfortable in my eye was a 3 month disposable, and my doctor likes the disposable contacts that you change more frequently. Every year i go to him, he's always trying to find a new lens that works great for my eye, but that I can change even more frequently than 1 month (like a daily or even weekly), but none of them have worked for my eye.... i'll put them in my eye and feel like there is sandpaper in my eye because of my dry eyes.

So, over the years, it has been so hard to find a lens that is comfortable in my eye. So, when I found theses B&L Pure Vision ones were really comfortable and did not hurt, I have stuck with those. Last year, my doctor wanted me to try out a new pair (and I can't remember if they were Cooper Vision or not...), but I told him no because I was SUPER busy last year at that time, and it is time consuming to try out a new lens, as crazy as it sounds. he has to order the trial, then I have to go pick it up, try them out for a couple days or week, then go back into his office to have him check it and if it doesn't work, then order a new lens... ugh! So, I had decided since I found something that I really like and is comfortable, I'm just sticking with it.

Do you know if these Cooper Vision ones you guy use -- are they daily disposables, or weekly, or monthy? I can't remember (I may get this backwards), but I think my doctor said that for dry eyes, the more water content in the lens the more uncomfortable the lens is.... or do I have that backwards. So, he's always looking for lenses with the percentage of water content that works for me. Anyway.... there was one year, I think 3 years ago, where I went through like 3 different trial contact lenses before I found one I liked... it took like 6 weeks to finally come to a solution, and going into his office each time to talk about the trial lense I was currently using, etc. etc. ugh. I just am the kind of person who likes to be in and out and done with it. haha.

but, I'll bring up the name of this contact lense you mentioned this time I see him and see what he says.

Oh, and as for the computer.... yes.... i am in front of the computer more than normal.... I have had nothing else constructive to do for the past almost 6 weeks. haha. So, that very well could be a contributing factor. But, there have been other times in my life where I've been in front of the computer just as much as I have been during these past 5 weeks and I have never had this problem with my contacts. What I've noticed in the past when I'm on the computer too much is that my vision starts to seem off.... but I've never had this redness eye problem with my contacts due to the computer.

I will call the eye doc today and make an appointment. Maybe I can get in next week.

Thanks for the help! I'll let you know what he says.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejay13
Kids

Be a woman who had not had a baby still makes me cry some times, and seeing baby and kids does to. My BF, his son (14)(also he has a girl 10), and I when to a 2 year old and 10 year old B-day party this pass weeken. So may kids. I was resting watching TV and the little B-day girl came by and cawl up into my lap. It was great and sad at the same time. BF son has ask to come down every weeken now. He said he like that we are a famliy, and do things as a famliy. That at home they rearly eat dinner together, and mom does not make breakfast any more not even on the weeken. We both cook and if the kids are here they help and we sit down and have home made meals with no TV on and chat. Also we each spening time with him. He has alreadly check to see if he can get the bus here. I thing also that we do not yell at them like there mom does. She need some help on how to talk and not yell at them. I guess I become more of a friend and a somewhat of a step-mom now. We have told him he is more that welcome to live here with us. For now he want to stay with us for the weekens and summer. I am happy about it. I think he need his father at this age, but is a little scary for me. Sorry just had to type this out.
Hi BlueJay: First of all, that is great you're sleeping well now, and getting out some and doing more around the house...and congrats on the big "O"! :-) Glad to hear things are working right. :-)

I'm sorry to hear that you get weapy at times re: kids. That is very understandable!!! I have several friends who still have their uterus, but can't have children, and I know it's hard for them. I know for me, even though I do have kids, I have had moments in these 5 weeks where I have gotten weapy and thought, "what have I done?? I have changed my life forever!" We definitely, I think, all have gone through weapy times.

I think it's wonderful that you are wrapping your wings around your DH's son. That is so wonderful, and what a great example you are to him. It sounds like his mom's place is not the best. I think that is so great you guys sit down w/ the TV off and eat dinner together and just talk. I think a lot of people these days do not do that as much becasue we all lead such busy lives. I love it that you guys do that.

It is really special that your DH's son is seeing you more as a friend and step parent now. You are doing a great job. It is hard for kids to get used to step parents, but just reading what you wrote, it sounds like you are really showing him love and accepting him with open arms, which is what he needs. :-)

Hang in there. A hysterectomy is not only a major surgery, but it is a life-changing surgery that can affect the emotions as well. But, just think.... no more periods and no more having your periods control your life! You have your freedom back! :-)

Take care!! Have a great day.
Unread 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Happy Birthday Alayne and Paula!!! I hope it's been great! Here's to a new year of your lives without periods!!!!

Alayne, adenomyosis, short version, is that some endometrial tissue grows inside the uterine muscle. It's kind of like having endometriosis inside the muscle instead of outside the uterus, as is typical with endo. And it doesn't necessarily come from giving birth. I had 3 pregnancies in my life, one when I was a dumb teenager and had an abortion, and 2 in 2000. None of them went past 3 months and I had adeno. Many women who have adeno have never been pregnant or have never given birth. It's just something that happens. Some theorize that it actually is from our own fetal development, that some endometrial cells are "misplaced" within the uterine muscle, and eventually become adeno.

BlueJay, I also have a hard time sometimes knowing I can never have kids. I/we had come to the decision 2 years ago when I turned 40 that we would stop trying to get pregnant and I was really ok with that decision. It was hard and it hurt, but I knew that at our ages (me 40, her 51), we simply wouldn't have the energy to devote to a baby or child and it wouldn't be fair. When this came up, I went through a certain amount of grieving again, but tell the truth, when I saw the pics of my diseased uterus, I knew it was the absolute right decision to make and I don't regret it for a moment. If I ever need a reminder, I have those pics on my computer and in a split second, the doubt is gone again haha.

I've been thinking, those of us who need to wear "temporary" clothes for work, cruises, vacations, etc, instead of buying brand new, why not go to the local Goodwill store or consignment shop? We're only going to wear these clothes for a few weeks, at most a couple of months, and it seems such a waste to buy new. Afterwards, since they'll probably be worn pretty lightly, bring them back! If you can't tell, I'm all about recycling hahaha!!

Oh, doing well here. The last couple of days I've been feeling more "empty" and jiggling inside. I haven't felt this since the first couple of weeks of recovery, but for some reason, things are feeling loose internally. Maybe some of the internal swelling has gone down (and then back up, then down...) and things are moving more. Just a theory.

Roberta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register