Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi everyone,

I just got back from meeting with my personal trainer. We sat and talked again this time. I did do a little stretching with him, but that was just at the end of our session.

It was a very useful session in terms of information. I asked him this time about these involuntary stretches. When I said that, he looked at me funny and said he had no idea what I was talking about. So, then I described it in detail, and then he said, "OH.... that is not a stretch." haha. He said these are muscle spasms and it's extremely common after any major surgery. He said anytime your body has been through any sort of trauma, the muscles in the area or around the area where the trauma was will spasm. He said that is your body's way of protecting itself. I asked him to explain further (like why are the spasms protecting your body), and he said he couldn't explain it further (he's not a doctor), so I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow to explain this further. It's more just interesting.

He said if it were a stretch, then my muscles would be lengthening, but my muscles are not lengthening.... it's like they are contracting, and when he said spasm, that describes it perfectly. He said this is just very common and it will end when your body is over the trauma.

Then, we talked a lot of specifics about me and my recovery, and plan for the future (for my fitness program, which we just talked about it, but nothing is in stone).

Then, I was finally able to book a couple massages with this particular person he wants me to go to. YAY!! Both my personal trainer and this massage therapist are very busy, so he said it took all this week for them to actually connect and talk. He met with her and told her in detail about me and what I had done, etc. etc., and he said she is very excited to see me! So, I'm going to her on Monday at 11 AM this week, and I tried to get into her on Wednesday and Friday, but she is so booked up I could not get into her until the following Monday. I'll see if I can get into any cancellation. But, he wants me to go 3 times a week. He said to talk to my doctor tomorrow to see if my doctor will prescribe these massages (because they aren't cheap!!), and if he won't, then our health club has a whole physical therapy department with doctors as well, and he said he'll take me up to the PT department and sit down with a doctor there and see if that doctor will prescribe the massages. My personal trainer feels very strongly that I need to have at minimum 3 massages preferably 6 massages in the next 2 weeks (3 a week) before I start any sort of workout with weights or other cardio that could be stressful on the muscles. He told me with my level of fitness and where I am in terms of athletics, he wants my muscles loose and not tense and worked on before I start any workouts. He said if I don't, he is fearing i'll injure myself and then it's a huge set-back in terms of workouts. I fully agree with him.

So, I'm still going to meet him twice a week starting next week, but he said we'll just do LIGHT cardio (assuming my doctor gives the OK tomorrow), and lots of stretching, but he said he will not start strength training with me until I've had a minimum of 3 massages to loosen things up.

SO, I'm HOPING I can get these prescribed because this will get pretty expensive otherwise. But, I do think I can get them prescribed either through my doctor or through the physical therapy department at our club. Fingers crossed!

I am feeling better today physcially.... I'm walking better... still slow, but doing better. I'm feeling better overall. I did not need a Percocit last night before bed, so that was great! I don't know about tonight... I've done a lot of things outside the house today, so I'll see how my body feels tonight.

Ok, that's all... I have to pick up my kids from school now.. more later.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Just wanted to post quickly that I have good news.

My mom did a special test on Monday that is a "cancerous tumor finder test". It's some blood test that amazingly detects if you have cancerous tumors in you. This particular test was focused on my mom's gastro system, which includes her pancreas.

The blood test came back normal!! Phew! I'm SO happy and relieved. Our whole family has been a ball of nerves this week.

The doctor thinks this little node is safe that they found on her pancreas. But, in 1 month, they will do an MRI to see if this node has grown at all. If it has grown, then they will biopsy it, but the doctor said if it DOES turn into cancer (it might be benign right now, but could turn into cancer sometime later) they caught it SO early that the doctor has strong confidence that they could just go in there and remove it if they ever had to.

So, basically for the rest of my mom's life, they'll be monitoring this node on her panceas only because of our strong family history of pancreas cancer....

But, for now, the doctor is certain it is not cancer! Oh, we are so relieved!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Kathy
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM

LTR - That's terrific news!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM

Oh Kathy thats wonderful news! Im sure its a load off your mind. It certainly is true isnt it, that when you have your health you have everything?!?!

I made it 4 hours at work today, getting a full nights sleep, like 9 hours thanks to the Ambien made all the difference in the world! Im a little sore, and a little tired, but i even felt well enough to run to the mall and buy an adorable jacket i had seen online, stop at the store for dinner, and then come home and even clean up the kitchen and sunroom. Im on the couch now for the rest of the night, but i feel okay! I probably could have stayed a few more hours at work, but i dont want them to assume i will be there and then have to back down. A few more weeks and we will be back to full staff so that will be good.
Its actually a relief to know i wont be tossing and turning all night every night. The Dr suggested i take the Ambien for 3 nights then take 2 nights off. I will see how it goes doing that. I dont like being dependant on it, but i need to sleep.
Anyway, everyone have a good night.. Im happy your moms tests came out well Kathy!
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Congrats on your news, Kathy! What a great feeling your entire family must have!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves to Run
Just wanted to post quickly that I have good news.

My mom did a special test on Monday that is a "cancerous tumor finder test". It's some blood test that amazingly detects if you have cancerous tumors in you. This particular test was focused on my mom's gastro system, which includes her pancreas.

The blood test came back normal!! Phew! I'm SO happy and relieved. Our whole family has been a ball of nerves this week.

The doctor thinks this little node is safe that they found on her pancreas. But, in 1 month, they will do an MRI to see if this node has grown at all. If it has grown, then they will biopsy it, but the doctor said if it DOES turn into cancer (it might be benign right now, but could turn into cancer sometime later) they caught it SO early that the doctor has strong confidence that they could just go in there and remove it if they ever had to.

Take care,
Kathy
awesome news Kathy!! So glad it's good!

Roberta
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate you all! :-) :-)

Paula: I'm glad you are getting such great sleep now! There is nothing better than a good night's sleep. :-)

It is good to hear that so many of us are starting to do better. It's hard to believe that 6 weeks is next week!

Take care everyone. :-)

Kathy
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Final path report

Just came back from having dinner with a friend. We haven't seen each other in over 6 months, although a few phone conversations have helped bridge the gap. Oy the gossip to catch up on!!! We had a great time and maybe a half hour after I came home, around 9:45, my doctor returned my phone call from yesterday. For whatever reasons, he usually calls later at night.

He actually waited because he didn't have the formal pathology report until today. He'd had the verbal report and and informal one, but the final, formal one his office had to get today. He's not sure why the hospital path lab was so bad about it, but since everything is still benign, no biggie. He said I did have an adenomyoma, not -myosis, so basically it was adenomyosis but instead of spread out among the uterine tissues, it was in one large subserosal mass. I knew I had lots of fibroids in various locations, but didn't get a count. Really doesn't matter how many, it's not a competition. The external/pedunculated fibroids, the major ones, alone weighed almost 790 grams, no idea the weight of my 19 week sized uterus but I'm sure there was some mass to it.

He did cauterize my cervix, something I learned about on this site that he and I never discussed. He cautioned me that there's still a 3% chance of a mini period. I told him that after hemmorhaging every couple of months (was never regular), a mini pad or light tampon for a couple of days will be a breeze.

He also said he wants a 6 week follow up, something his office didn't catch or schedule when I was there for my 2 week. That means it has to be next week and he tends to be busy. He said when I call tomorrow, if they give me a hard time or say they can't fit me in, to ask for him and he'll find a way. I love my doc.

Well, the vodka from dinner is kicking in and I'm getting tired. I don't think I'll be staying up until 12, 1 or 2 like I have been! I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow.

Roberta
Unread 03-14-2008, 02:53 AM

Good morning all,

It is early here 4:30am. So I am pretty much back to my regular sleep schedule as far the evenings go, I always get up between 4 & 5am. It is the naps I have to learn to let go of. It is so good to hear everyone going out and about with no major relapses. I to went out to dinner for the first time last night with DH, my in-laws and my 13 year old stepdaughter. We had a really good time and I got caught up in just the general conversation that I never felt any pain or uncomfortable. When I got home I was tired and got cleaned up and straight to bed, I don't think my head was on the pillow for a moment before I was sound asleep until I got up at 4. Slept right through the night, Ya!!!!! I have also found that in the last 3 days I have not even felt the need to take tylenol, so I haven't taken anything at all.

Also at the risk of jinxing myself it has been exactly one full week since I have had a hot flash or a nightsweat. I feel like a whole new person without those. Last time I went 3 days and mentioned it and they came right back so I hope that does not happen this time. It is about time for my lonely Ovary to wake up though, but I was afraid with all the trauma of 3 operations on it that it might not work anymore. This last surgery they did remove the tube from it and I had a 6cm Complex Cyst on the Ovary that they had to remove. I just got the pathology report back. The Dr. did not cover it with the mesh that they can use to keep other cysts from forming or if he did it is not in the report so I am going to have to ask him about that. I did have early staging of cancer in both Cervix and Uturus or I should say the cells had turned metaplastic and the report referred to Squamous Cell. I have already been diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the skin and had two surgeries to remove it and now have more to deal with, so I hate that term Squamous Cell. Never thought I would be greatful for having two Ovarian Tornsions, otherwise the cells may have gone undetected a little longer. I guess everything does happen for a reason.

Roberta,
I to also feel the empty, jiggly feeling in my belly now. Not when I am poking around the house but when I get outside and really start moving around it becomes very obvious. It is kind of a weird feeling but I do think it means healing has happened and things are strinking back to what they should be normally.

Demples,
Welcome to the site and I hope we can all be of help to you!!!!!

Happy Friday,

Michelle

TAH, USO left side, right Oophectomy
Unread 03-14-2008, 03:02 AM

Great news Kathy! I am sure that having such good news will make your recovery much less stressful. I am sure your mom is very relieved too!

Roberta, Great news on your path report! Your doctor sounds great and when going through something like this that makes a huge difference.

I can't believe next week will be six weeks. I guess we are out of the woods girls! I know I could not have made it through this most difficult time of recovery without you all. It is kind of amazing when you think about it. We have basically found comfort and support from people we have never even met. We have been able to share stuff that we would be uncomfortable sharing with close friends or family with each other and found complete understanding. We are so lucky to be living in an age like this where this type of thing is possible.

I just had a funny thought along the lines of how much we share.... Next week we are all cleared for sex. It ought to be an interesting week to be on this board! I myself am scared about it. I don't even want the doctor "in there". But I know they have to look around there at the 6 week point. I think I am worried it will hurt or that it will cause bleeding. I have had zero blood since sugery and like it that way I dont want to ever see another pad or tampon again! DH knows how I feel and understands and has said he is fine with waiting until I am comfortable. I honestly have no urge at all right now and I am sure that is because of the fear. Maybe I will feel different after my exam.

I can't believe I am still up.. I cant seem to sleep tonight. I tried going to bed at around midnight and never made it to sleep. I popped a xanex about 15 minutes ago so I hope it kicks in soon. I have a friend coming over to spend the day tomorrow and then dinner tomorrow night. I hope I can drag my butt out of bed when she gets here tomorrow..lol

Well I guess I will go find a boring online game to play until the xanex kicks in. Have a great night all and I hope everyone is sleeping :-)

Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register