Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

I had by internal exam at the 4 week mark. Before surgery I really trimmed up, so no worries. But I am very sure that the dr. has seen it all. Do only what is comfortable for you and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM

I trimmed as well as I could by myself and then my DH finished up for me, lol. He said I did a good job, lol, he only had to do a little bit.
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:13 PM

Wow, I see lots of us headed back to work recently, I went back today, had my 6 week post op yesterday, cleared for everything except sex toys. No lie, he wrote it in my chart! I told him no need to worry, and he said he had to say it because of a past patient that tore through her vaginal cuff stitches with one! OMG!
Anyway, I had an internal exam, very uncomfortable, he said my stitches are coming out/dissolving now. I went to work today and I doubled over a few times with sharp pains. They went away after a few moments, but they are such a jolt when they hit. I really didn't feel ready to go back, but he insisted I was looking and healing very well. Pretty sore after work today and all the doctor's poking and prodding yesterday.
Hope the night is good to you all. Have a great week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Wow, I am getting the sharp pains out of nowhere also and yes it does double you over. Not always in the same spot either.
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:22 AM

Well I did it I bowled all three games tonight! Yaaaaay! We actually won all the games too! It was great to be back and I was worried because I had been gone so long but I bowled above average 2 games and just below on one so all in all above my average! I am feeling a bit tired now and had a feeling of a bit of cramping but so far so good.

It was great that all the people we know there were so supportive. I got so many WTG's and welcome backs that it made me feel great!

I am bummed about the no sex toy rule, I had my whole arsonal ready for action....... lol just kidding. I think that is interesting though that you can have the real thing but not the BOB (battery operated boyfriend). As I said before I want nothing poking around there just yet so I am safe.

It is so cool to see everyone is getting their 6 week check up and being cleared for work and all other activities. This has been so great to actually go step by step with everyone.

Regarding the tidy up question... I have this thought on it... My husband dated a girl in high school who's father was an OB/GYN and DH would tell him wow you have the coolest job in the world.. The Doc replied that it may seem that way but nobody comes to the Doc when things are all good meaning he see's them at their worst.. so with that in mind my lack of waxing does not bother me to much I am sure the doc see's all kinds of things worse than my lack of waxing. I am more worried that I can see it with it's winter coat on than the doc!

Have a good night all
Cindy
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I just read posts for the past 4 to 5 days and it sounds like everyone is really getting along. I had my inlaws for 4 days and then just returned to work full time for 2 days. Having the company was worse than returning to work for me. Work has been great I wish I had gone back sooner. While I am there I feel twinges and some brief sharp pains here and there but my mind is so busy at work that I just kinda brush past it. When I was home and that happened I had nothing to do but dwell and over think every little twinge or pain and then I would blow them out of proportion. So work has really gotten me around a whole new corner.

It is 2:15am here now, I fell asleep right before 9pm and awoke at 1:30am and unable to return to sleep so that is why I am posting now. So it seems even though I have been going straight out during the day I still need help getting back into a normal sleep pattern. I have to be up to get ready for work this morning by 6:00am at the latest so I do have to get back to sleep tonight some how for at least another hour or so. The worst part of going back to work for me so far has not realy been the fatigue, pain or anything like that though, it has been the separation anxiety about leaving my dogs home alone. They have been by my side from the moment I got home from the hospital and I know they are having a hard time with it to! My German Shepard has been eating his breakfast one nibble at a time as if to drag it out so I won't leave, he is way to smart, but yet so obvious. So I am leaving them a whole hour in the morning ritual for just our time together before I have to leave the house, whoever said pets aren't anything like having children? you would never know it at my house.

Well I must try to get back to sleep. Everyone have a great day!!!!!

Michelle

TAH, Left USO, Oophectomy right side.
Unread 03-19-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhude
Hi Bluejay,
I am sorry to hear of all the trouble you have with the dog packs. You have a great heart to take care of so many cats. You mention your work in your post. Do you work at a grocery store? I do, I work for Publix as an assistant meat manager. It just sounds like you do cause you said GM, truck day, and midshifts, lol, just wondering. I hope you continue improve.

Thank you.
Supervisor at World Market. Fun store to in. Great place to work. Just hard on you body. It is my.
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:31 AM

Thanks to all for replying about the "cleaning up"...I had to snicker at the "winter coat" comment.
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I have once again been reading but not posting. My pain is still the same. I had my 6weeks check up and I have been released to go back to work on Monday. I know that my body is not ready for this. I took my list of aches and pains to the doctor with me yesterday and he dismissed them all by saying they are all just "after surgery pains and aches". He did seem concerned about the pressure and pain that I am having after urinating and the pain and cramping before a BM. He gave me meds for irritable bowels. He asked me to give the urinating problem a couple of more weeks and if it's still there in 2 weeks he will send me to a urologist. I have had the same pains since the day they removed the catherer and I think he should have made me an appointment yesterday!

I told him that I still hurt bad enough each day to still be on pain meds and that I don't feel like I will be able to make it through an entire day at work. He said that he would leave the returning to work up to me but he has had patients to be terminated from their jobs because they took more time off. He said that they would request medical records and see that I am having regular surgery related pains and refuse to continue my short term disability. He said that it's best to go back and try because they would rather start over than extend my time. Has anyone else been told something like this? I was not seeing this doctor prior to my surgery and I feel that he took my aches and pains lightly so he wrote my papers up in a way that suggest that I am ready to return to work. I am going to talk to my employer today and see if I can take next week so that I can gradually ween myself off of the pain meds and the need to just lay or sit in one spot after urinating.

I told the Dr. about the vaginal pain and how it feels like something is about to drop out and that I can feel something sticking me in the vaginal area. He did not do a pelvic exam and he did not touch my stomach in any way. He did have me to lay back so he could look at my incision. He then told me that he would like to see me in 4 weeks unless the urinating promblem continues, gave me my prescription and dismiissed me. They did not take my weight or check my urine. He did say that the urine sample I left with them last week came back clear. It very well may have but I doubt if I were to have my urine tested today that it is clear.

I really want to trust that he knows what he is doing but I just have this very uneasy feeling that something just is not right. There were only pregnant women in the office yesterday so there was no one there to converse with about TAH's as in the past. Because I do have a great deal of pain I have thought about going through emergency so that I can see what they say. I am just so unsure of things right now. My pains are real and they do bring me to tears and I can not understand how he can tell me that everything is healing well when he did not do a pelvic exam or touch my tummy.

I am anxious to hear what you ladies think so please respond.
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demples
Good Morning Ladies,

I have once again been reading but not posting. My pain is still the same. I had my 6weeks check up and I have been released to go back to work on Monday. I know that my body is not ready for this. I took my list of aches and pains to the doctor with me yesterday and he dismissed them all by saying they are all just "after surgery pains and aches". He did seem concerned about the pressure and pain that I am having after urinating and the pain and cramping before a BM. He gave me meds for irritable bowels. He asked me to give the urinating problem a couple of more weeks and if it's still there in 2 weeks he will send me to a urologist. I have had the same pains since the day they removed the catherer and I think he should have made me an appointment yesterday!

I told him that I still hurt bad enough each day to still be on pain meds and that I don't feel like I will be able to make it through an entire day at work. He said that he would leave the returning to work up to me but he has had patients to be terminated from their jobs because they took more time off. He said that they would request medical records and see that I am having regular surgery related pains and refuse to continue my short term disability. He said that it's best to go back and try because they would rather start over than extend my time. Has anyone else been told something like this? I was not seeing this doctor prior to my surgery and I feel that he took my aches and pains lightly so he wrote my papers up in a way that suggest that I am ready to return to work. I am going to talk to my employer today and see if I can take next week so that I can gradually ween myself off of the pain meds and the need to just lay or sit in one spot after urinating.

I told the Dr. about the vaginal pain and how it feels like something is about to drop out and that I can feel something sticking me in the vaginal area. He did not do a pelvic exam and he did not touch my stomach in any way. He did have me to lay back so he could look at my incision. He then told me that he would like to see me in 4 weeks unless the urinating promblem continues, gave me my prescription and dismiissed me. They did not take my weight or check my urine. He did say that the urine sample I left with them last week came back clear. It very well may have but I doubt if I were to have my urine tested today that it is clear.

I really want to trust that he knows what he is doing but I just have this very uneasy feeling that something just is not right. There were only pregnant women in the office yesterday so there was no one there to converse with about TAH's as in the past. Because I do have a great deal of pain I have thought about going through emergency so that I can see what they say. I am just so unsure of things right now. My pains are real and they do bring me to tears and I can not understand how he can tell me that everything is healing well when he did not do a pelvic exam or touch my tummy.

I am anxious to hear what you ladies think so please respond.

Demples, i feel your pain and fustration coming through, i pray for you and i wish i could do more to comfort you...i think you are so right, you know your body and if you're having pain then it's got to be for a reason.. i know we all heal differently, but i think you should seek a second opinion. I know we want to trust oue DR, but they are human as well...so i'd error on the side of caution and make sure you have someone check out these pains...i'm not sure where you are located but is there other female friends, family members, church family anyone that can suggest another DR? I hope you can find some help soon! I feel so bad for you!

Joy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register