Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 114 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

good morning ladies

i did make it though my 6wk check up, i have to admit it wasn't bad at all.
i have been cleared for everything! and yes sex is everything! LOL just told to make sure to take it easy,
no swinging from the ceiling fans (not yet)! Well it looks like it's back to work on Monday for me! yikes! i think i'm ok with that? I did end up getting a estrogen patch due to the extrem night sweats, and i admit i'm a lot moodier than normal! Well according to my DS i'm about the same! LOL!
he's only 14 so what does he know?

this patch is Climara it's only a very small dose 0.0375mg/day. it's put on and stay there for a week. we're just going to keep track of it for a test of 4 weeks to see if it'll help. so i'll have to let you all know. i did ask about the size of the fibroid/uteris and the DR made a hand gesture to indicate the size. WOW is all i can tell you, i told him well hell that's about the size of my son's head when he was born...{ and he was 9lb13zo 22in, and at 14ys old he's 6'3" 230lbs.... GOOD LORD!~!!} anyway the DR said it was more like i was 6-7 months preg! man am i glad he got that out!!

other than that, i'm felling pretty good, just trying to figure out what the heck i'm going to wear to work..still not to keen with the button pants, my pull ons and sweats feel soooooooo good!!
well here's wishing you all a blessed day !! i will check in later

Joy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:58 AM

Demples, I also agree that you should get a 2nd opinion. I can tell your in pain and frustrated just by your post. I still have pain after urinating, but its more like a pressure, nothing that would keep me in one position afterwards. My doc told me this week that the slight twinges I was having were normal, but he said if I am having pain that requires pain meds, I need to see him right away, that's not normal. I know everyone is different, but if your doc didn't even do a full exam, not sure how he can tell you that you are healing normally. I'm not putting your doctor down, it just doesn't sit right somehow. you know your body and I think you should follow what its telling you, that you need looked at more closely. Hang in there and keep us updated on what happens. I'll be thinking about you.
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:16 AM

Demples - I am not sure but I thought an internal exam would be manditory for the 6 week check up... Maybe that is just if you have a vaginal cuff. I would also think the doc would want to feel around your abdomin to see how the area is healing. I think if I were in your shoes I would get a second opinion. Do you have all the info on your surgery? Did you have any adhesions that needed to be scraped off of your bladder? This could be causing the continued pain. It would also help to have that if you seek a second opinion so the new doc would know what the old doc did.

I think sometimes in the medical profession docs forget that although they do several hundred hysterectomys that as a woman we only experience one and do not have prior experience at it. We don't know what is normal or not normal to feel. I know if I had not found this site every little twinge would have made me very nervous and fearful. Maybe if you call his office and explain that you are feeling unheard and that you would really like a "full" exam that may help him to realize that you need that for piece of mind and he may do it then.... If not I would go to someone else. I wont say he is a bad doc but it does sound as if he is not putting the patients best interest first.

I really hope you do find a solution as I know once you have had a complete exam you will feel much better.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Demples, you know your body better than anyone, if you don't think your dr is being responsive a good action to take is call the office speak with the nurse maybe set up an appt to see the doctor "just to talk" that way you can be scheduled outside of what I like to call the "trough" time- where the run the preg women through like cattle. We had our surgeries the same day but I was TVH, I do still have bladder spasms that my doc is watching. Your doc is the best one to take all your concerns to, when in alot of pain I can't think straight though so get out a pad and pen and write down everything esp. what you've told us and take it to him. Think if this situation was happening to a loved one what would you have them do and do it.
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:27 PM

Hi all! Well my question about "cleaning up" was for nothing as there was no internal exam after all! (I did end up tidying up down there anyway. hehehe)

My path report was all clean and I've been cleared to go back to work and resume all activities as I am comfortable to do so. I can't wait to get this bit of recovery weight off!

So, back to work on Monday...booooooooooooo! lol
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Demples... I would get another opinion too. My Dr did not do an internal exam, nor did she press around on my abdomen, all she did was look at the incision. When i asked, she said it wasnt necessary, if i was still in a lot of pain she would have, but i was healing fine How she knows that im not sure, but i didnt press it because i feel i am doing "normal" for my age and the surgery. But if I was in so much pain that i had to lay down after every urination I would be on her doorstep.... maybe its normal, but I sure would want to be confident in that. Yes everyone heals diffferently, but if you feel like its not right, then you should get another opinion.
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:50 PM

Hi everyone,

Demples, I fully agree with Paula "Specs". I would go and get a second opinion for sure. My doctor also did not do an internal exam. He did exactly what Paula's doctor did.... looked at my incision, pressed on my abdomen a little, and then we just talked. But, I also had NO pain in my vaginal area or where my cuff is. I am sure if I did have pain in that area, he would have done an internal exam.

The fact you are in this much pain at 6 weeks out to me does not seem totally right. I mean, I still have a tender and sore abdomen, but I would not describe it as "pain" now.... I would just describe it as tenderness.

Let us know what happens!!!

As for everyone else, it's so good to hear most of us are really returning back to normal. Gosh, 3 weeks ago, I wasn't sure if I'd ever feel normal again!!!

Oh, and as for the tidying up before the 6-week check, I definitely did "tidy up" down there, but my doc ended up not doing an internal.... oh well. I have 4 more weeks until I can get waxed (at least according to my doctor), so hopefully by 4 weeks from now, I'll FEEL like getting waxed. I can't wait to have everything looking nice down there! :-) Although, I'm trying to figure out how my gal who waxes me is going to wax because my scar is below my hair line. I don't know if my doctor did that on purpose, or if he just guessed where the hairline started when he made my incision. I had gotten waxed a week before my surgery, so you could not see where the hair line started.

so, I'm trying to figure out if the gal who waxes me will actually just wax RIGHT over the scar, or if she'll wax around it? I kind of hope at least the first time she waxes around it... I'm not sure I want her ripping hot wax off my that is right over my scar. I have these terrible visions of my scar just bursting open. HAHA!! I doubt that'll happen... a month from now, that thing ought to be pretty healed on the outside.

I'm sure the gal who waxes me will not put wax over the scar if I tell her not to.

So, I went to the gym again today!!! woo hoo!!! Just walked on the treadmill for 2 miles. It felt great.... not walking at a brisk pace by any means, but I'm walking and at the gym. I'm so excited. I need to find new gym clothes, though. all my workout tops don't look that good on me now because of my swelly belly.

I did run into one of my athlete friends today at the gym. She looks amazing and has the most amazing abs... anyway, I asked her if I look pregnant. HAHA!! She told me it's not as noticeable to others. She thinks I'm just MUCH more aware of my belly because I can feel it AND I see it all the time. She is probably right. But, I am just ready to get rid of this swollen belly!

Hey... for those of you who had a TAH/SAH bikini cut, do you still have a big swollen bump right above the incision, and then it goes in and then your swelly belly starts? Can you picture what I'm talking about?

I just have this big swollen lump that is the same length as my incision, and then it goes in and there is this big crease, and then right above that is my swollen belly, so it's like I have these two swollen places. I forgot to ask my doctor about that, but he saw it and didn't say anything, so I think it's normal.

Gosh, I HOPE that swollen lump above my incision goes away, too!!! It just looks awful. I am guessing that is just swelling from my direct incision, and the swelly belly is from the internal healing.

I'm so self-conscious of my tummy though right now.... and the problem is most of my clothes are tighter or form fitting, so I just feel like I want to cover up my tummy all the time. I'm glad summer here is still a long ways away! I can cover it up by wearing jackets and other things like that.

Well, glad to hear everyone is well!!!

Take care,
Kathy
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:14 PM

LTR.... My tummy sounds like your incision. It has the big crease on it also,lol. I have been able to wear jeans today for the first time. I even went put and bought some boy shorts underwear to wear under them so I don't have to wear granny panties.

I had a good laugh about the tidying up and the winter coat!!! I did and I am glad cause my DR. did do an internal check up, he also put in some silver nitrate on the cuff. It was kinda uncomfortable, but all is good, but no sex for 1 more week.

WOOOHOOOO my boss gave me off for 1 more week!!!! LOL he really did'nt want to have my salary on next weeks sales, lol cause we loose 1 day of sales cause we are closed for Easter!!!!! He said noooo.... I just want you to be better, (yeah right I am sayin!).

Well I wish the best for everyone!!!!
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:34 PM

My tummy looks like another bum my crease is so distinct. It is so swollen! I am still in elastic waisted pants. Of course, my belly had not only my uterus but a baby inside it so it is bigger than I would like. I am starting my diet on April 1st and I am not fooling! LOL! (My sense of humor is lacking). My girls got the most beautiful Easter dresses and my son got a seer sucker pair of overalls. My newborn will just wear whatever! I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Well folks, made it through the third day at work. Pretty good engery from 6am to 10am and then very tired and sore. Today however at around 1230 pm I got a small energy burst so I could make it until 130pm. I was happy because now I have more confidence in knowing that I will be able to handle work. Of course I am not really lifting anything too heavy or pushing much. Slow but sure. I hate that I really want to jump back in full force and constently have to stop myself.

I am still having the sharp pains out of no where that double one over. Other than that things are progressing well.

Next wed I have my final dr. appt just so we can go over the hormones and anything else I want. I don't think that I will need to create a list of questions this time, but I know that she will expect one.

I had a internal exam at 4 weeks and she cleaned off the cervix, ouch. And of course the pushing on the belly. Now that was unconfortable !! It is strange that some of you did not have an internal, you would think that the dr. would want to err on the side of caution.

I too am swollen at the end of the day and I had LSH. The bottom incision is the weird one. It is a little swollen on one side at top and sort of wrinkly on the bottom. Oh well the price we pay for a better life.

Well I have to go now. I have to attend a going way party for the gal that took over for me during my recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register