Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 116 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good evening to all,
I'm having pain in the bottom of my stomach,
I'm due back to work on monday, and my urine
is cloudy. I had a bladder infection before surgery,
and I let the nurse know prior to my surgery, because
I was taking medication to clear it up. I am a little
worried, because this is the Easter weekend, and
a lot of doctor's offices will be closed until Tuesday.
I don't know whether to call the ob-gyn who performed the
surgery or my physcian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 04:37 PM

Hi everyone,

Paula: It's great that you are doing so well! It is so nice to see how we have all come so far and are all turning even more corners. :-)

Daphene: I am so happy you called your doctor and that your doctor is taking this pain seriously. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what they find out. I will keep you in my prayers for sure. That is so neat that your son has come home for spring break!! How sweet it is of him to come home to see you rather than spend the week with friends and cute girls! I hope my boys will be like that when they get older. :-)

TGIF123: I'm SO sorry you are frustrated. I would be, too!! Did your doctor tell you to come back after a certain amount of time, or was this the appointment where your doctor signed off? Hopefully your doctor will want to see you again to make sure everything is still healing right.

I hope this ends soon!!! Please let us know how it continues to go.

Jax, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. Just wondering how your doctor situation is going.... I hope things are ok. Is your DH back from Germany?

And, Sass... haven't heard from you in a while... have you figured out a resultion to a personal trainer, or did you just decide it probably won't work?

How is everyone else? It is so hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, we were all in pain and thinking life would never be normal again? haha.

So, here's an update on me:

My eyes have been bugging me to NO end. They are itchy, burning, watery.... and then my nose started to drip, but I don't feel sick. I have never suffered from allergies, but it just occurred to me a couple days ago that maybe I just have a sudden onset of allergies?? So, I went to my internist today, and she thinks it's odd that I've NEVER had allergies in my whole life and then suddenly I jsut get them. I asked her if surgery could cause a chemical change in your body, and she said no... especially since I kept my ovaries. She just said that sometimes people can get allergies in their later life suddenly. So, she gave me some prescription allergies medicine. i had tried the over the counter stuff, and it didn't work.

I'm goign to my eye doctor tomorrow... although, i can't even wear my contacct lenses right now because my eyes hurt so bad, so I"m not sure he'll be able to get a raelly good accurate read on my vision.... my vision seems all messed up because my eyes hurt. But, I'll see what he says. I just need to get this fixed because it's miserable.

And, I've worked out 3 days this week. Today i was on the treadmill walking at a brisker pace, and I jsut had the URGE to run, but I didn't. I just want to take it slow. I met with my trainer today, and we did more today. I did some strength training and didi some lunges too I felt MUCH better today than i did on Tuesday when i worked out with him.... I just feel better each day and my body feels more and more lose, too.

So, that is the update with me. :-)

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Take care,
kathy
Unread 03-20-2008, 04:46 PM

Hi Pumpkinspice,
I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well today. If it were me, I think I would call my personal DR. cause he can do a urinalysis while you are there. PCP usually are in offices on Fridays and maybe on Monday? I hope you feel better.....it does get frustrating!!!!!I also have been drinking more fluids and cranberry juice (which I hate). Have you tried those over the counter meds that are supposed to help with pains associated with bladder infections??? I personally haven't but not sure if they are any better than pain meds drs prescribe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 05:22 PM

Hi Everyone

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I am not able to go see my doctor for another 3 weeks because he's on vacation. So that will put me at 9 weeks when I see him. He told me that I could return to most things at 6 weeks unless I didn't feel good. Well I also must report that my hubby and I also had sex It was exactly 6 weeks to the day. I couldn't wait any longer.

So I am going to start light workouts next week. I have been walking but i feel its time for a bit more. My kids go back to school next week so it will be a great time to start. A good time to get a few of the ole chocolate calories off.

So do any of you swim? I was just wondering if it was ok to go to the pool with the kids.

I'm sorry to hear that some are not doing as well. Always get second opinions when you know that your body is not feeling right. We do know what we are feeling especially talking with a male doctor. I had to switch to a female doctor cause my male doctor just couldn't understand what i was telling him about my periods being so long and heavy and feeling as if i was dying every month due to untolerable cramping and lack of energy. I switched doctors and she been though it all. I am not saying all are like that but they still really don't understand how bad it can be. I hope things get better for you.

For myself I still don't sleep well but I hope that will change next week when I start my small workouts. Need to release some energy. I am still on advil and just stick to my vitamins. I also have to say when I get a little to sore there is nothing like a nice glass of red wine to relax me.

I am back to light work on the 5th so I am happy about that. I hope you all have a great Easter weekend. See you next week.

I see some of you are on myspace, I also am on there. Just look up Donni Levac and you'll find me. Would love to see who I am writing with. Thanks for the sharing and listening all.

Donni
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:50 PM

Thanks Wanda,
I am seriously thinking of calling & seeing if I can come in for lab. I just started with the cranberry juice (white/strawberry), and trying to force the water I LOVE ICED TEA. I just don't want anything serious to arise, because I am
released back to work on Monday. Thanks for listening & replying back. Have a Blessed evening.
Lisa
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi everyone...

Fia, I know you won't get this until you come back, but woman! Writing your own script for life is perhaps the best thing anyone can do for themselves.

Daphene, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so bad. I'm glad you finally got some proper attention from a doctor and will get some answers. Don't worry about annoying your surgeon! You have obviously had problems and he has ignored you and blown you off - you don't owe him anything! And yippee that your son chose you over a bikini! You must be an amazing mom.

tgif, I'm surprised and sorry that it took this long to get treated with the silver nitrate and start/re-start the healing of the cuff. The process WILL end. You will get back to normal and be able to lead your life. Just hang in there a bit longer...everyone heals differently and you're not alone in having a longer process.

Rebecca, it's got to be hard being under so much stress. I know about working with troubled kids and that routine and comfort is so important with them. If you can, think of it like this: if you go back too soon then have to leave again, that will probably be worse for them. I hope your husband finds a job soon as well.

I'm glad that everyone else seems to be getting so much better and life is moving forward. It has been one hell of a journey, hasn't it?

As for myself, I just had my 6 week check up today and got cleared for everything. Well, everything is a relative term in my case. I didn't ask about toys, but since I still have a cervix, small though it may be, it provides an extra layer of security in that I would have the sensation of "reaching the top". Still gonna wait...have other options I also got cleared for lifting more than 10 lbs, which means if I can't yet use my crutches - were pulling on things internally last time I tried - I can use my wheelchair. My chair is about 28 lbs, not the old 64 lb dinosaurs. I really want to get back to my sticks as I have become quite the nursing home diva...using a walker with the yellow tennis balls on the ends. Oh yes, quite the diva.

Roberta
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Daphne,, I am so glad you called your PCP and got someone to listen to you! Obviously you need more care than you were getting from your surgeoon. I hope things go well for you now.. you will be in my prayers.

Pumpkin... I hope you feel better too.. I guess i am really lucky.. here in chicago EVERY office has at least one Dr on call, and you can ALWAYS get ahold of someone. I have never hesitated to page a Dr...ever! Maybe its because Im married to a health care provider, but I have work for optometrists who get paged all the time, and pain is the best reason in the world to inform a Dr. If I was in any of your situations, I would call. Just my take on this. You can bet my Dr. would have heard from me a ton if it hadnt been for this site! lol

Im really doing better, hurting tonight, but i know the good thing is that regular tylenol or motrin will work now.

Tomorrow Chicago is geting 3-7 inches of snow. Im having my nails done at 1030, then coming home and staying put.. a day off , and ive told my husband dinner is up to him. Of course hes opted to go to the gambling boat with my daughter and son in law! But thats okay, some alone time sounds wonderful!

Have a good evening all!
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Congratulations to everyone at the progress of your respective recoveries and for those who are still experiencing setbacks, rest assured, you'll be reminiscing about them soon! I look forward to continued correspondence as we each find our way back to some semblance of reality and "normal"; the information and friendship we've exchange are things none of us may have exchanged if we didn't all come together here. Thank you!

I found this site at 4.5 weeks post-op and have been telling everyone about it (including my incredible surgeon and PCP). It would have been nice to have found it sooner, but I only came upon it when doing searches to learn about the type of surgery I had. I found a pretty good list and even, do I dare say anything, video on YouTube - go figure.

With the exception of "feeling a bruise-like sensation" when I cough or sneeze, to date, my personal recovery has been uneventful. I give some credit (if not craziness) to myself for finally finding a pup a week before surgery and being able to "bond" with him throughout my time at home. Koda (a miniature beagle) and I go out for a walk 2x a day with longer walks on the weekend. Thankfully, his weight has increased and has always ridden just at or near the Dr's 10-15# mark!

A friend has invited me to go "geocaching" with her, her children, and their dog. Doing this will allow us to get the kids and dogs out with a "goal" rather than just wandering about. We also hope to get a group to do it at work on our lunch break! It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm anxious to go on my first excursion.

Today was my third day at work and finals week for all of the students. Fortunately, catching back up to speed will be like icing since all of the students will be on Spring Break next week and campus will be extremely quiet...I can't wait...it's like extending my "forced vacation".

I guess the only downfall about returning to work is having to get up in the morning and wearing shoes that just aren't as comfortable for walking in as they were before surgery - go figure, I think my legs need more exercise than the rest of me. Also, in 6 wks post-op, I've only used my HRT for 2.5 weeks. It's sort of odd. I don't know if I'm feeling a hot-flash in the afternoons (no sweating, just warm enough to take off the sweater I've worn) or if it's just feeling the effects of taking a lunch time walk in the rain. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Otherwise, I don't feel much at night, just the occasional idea that I've left one too many blankets on the bed - kick it off and it's just fine.

Well, I'm sure this is my longest post so far and I truly hope I've not bored anyone. Thanks for listening...

...Happy Birthday to the birthday girl, enjoy your trip(s), keep your chins up, I think about all of you everyday and am anxious to read updates when I get home in the evening...thanks for hanging around...

Julia
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:31 PM

There really is a light at the end of the tunnel ladies. Today was day 4 back to work for me. I was able to maintain a more level energy through out my 6 hrs. However when the 6th hr came I hit a wall and got really bad swelly belly. Went home and lied down for a rest. A few things that I found out not to do at work are: push a box with your foot (bad idea), lift more than15#, push a heavy cart of anything or pull a heavy cart. also walking too fast for too long is not good. Sitting is good. Anyone else still getting the stabbing pains that double you over ??

It is good to hear that most everyone is doing great. Any for those of you that are having a little trouble it will be short lived and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good Night and Good Luck
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:37 AM

Morning all.... Its snowing again in Chicago! 3-8 inches of this stuff for Easter is extreme even for Chicago! Oh well, a good day to stay in and take it easy. I have worked every day this week, all 4 days and went out for dinner Wed night to a restaurant an hour away. Ive walked every other day and yesterday did 2 miles, then also went out in the backyard and threw the tennis ball around for Logan, poor baby needs some exercise, and then went to work..... results... very very swollen belly last night, and still some tonight. So KJJ i know what you mean. I dont have the stabbing pains, but am achy still this morning. I think its muscle ache though, not inside, and Motrin has helped but it does hurt. So Im going to have my nails done this morning then lay low for the rest of the day. Guess i just have to pace myself a little better, since im OLD! lol
Everyone have a good day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register