Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 120 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good day I hope everyone had a great weeken. Easter was great. I am going fishing to day for the frist time. I have a new stabbing pain on my right side today and boy does it hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM

Easter was great! In my faith, it is about new life. I can really relate to that now that I have almost died. I have a 2nd chance to get it right. We went to my mom's in South Carolina on Saturday and saw bunches of family who I don't get along with. They wanted to see the baby! Very awkward! Also, very sore. The trip is 3 hours round trip so it was hard for me and I got no rest. I am relieved of all restrictions tomorrow! I have been doing stuff all weekend to get better. I didn't take a pain pill because I wasn't hurting that much. However, I woke up in pain! I wish I would've headed it off. Anyway, the baby is sick and since he is preemie, I have to take him to the doctor. He spit up blood so prayers would be appreciated! I hope you all have a renewing week and get a little farther on the road to recovery!!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:03 AM

HISarita

I am so sorry to hear you are in pain and dreadfully sorry that your baby is poorly. I cannot begin to imagine how worried you must be and I am sending you love and prayers.

Big hugs

Ally xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Children mentioned!!

Ally - Sorry to hear that you are enduring the grief in realizing there will be no more children. Even though you may not have chosen to have another child, it's difficult to get your head around it when that choice is taken away. As with any loss, it's not something you can be expected to "just get over". That is a personal journey. I'm sure that the love and joy that your two children give you will help you through.

This is my last week of 'vacation' before I go back to work. That means I'm back to the world of the three "H"s; heels, hose and hairspray. I'll start with the low pumps, and put my Carlos Santana heels aside for awhile.

My initial discomfort with sex has been banished with a wonderful product, Replens. I'm back to my pre op condition. Yippee!
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi Ladies!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I had quite a weekend with bad pain on my right side and no sleep. it makes me laugh cause i learned that i was ovulating. LOL I can't quite figure out what pain is what yet. I have been doing well besides that.

Ally- I am happy u have all of us to talk to. I understand the not being able to share certain things with hubby. My hubby just rolls his eyes when I'm here. Always asking if I'm done yet. I always think that we will have babies again it will just be our grandbabies. We get to do the spoiling next time around. LOL

LTR- I thought of you the other day on my walk. I was coming up my road which is always the end of my run. It is a bit of an incline and my body just asumed the running position and wanted to run. I started to laugh and thought of you saying you wanted to run when u were on the treadmill. Old habits. I can't wait. I'm glad your eyes are getting better.

There were alot of things i wanted to say to others but I think I read to many posts and forgot what I was going to say.

Hope you all have a great day. See ya tomorrow.

Donni
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:09 PM

Hi Everyone

It has been a while since I posted as I was out of town attending a seminar while cruising on Celebrity Century. I returned Saturday and found so many pages of posts that my head is still swimming from reading all the information!!! I cannot keep it all straight…..so – just know that I thought of various replies while reading the posts – and sent warm thoughts to those who needed them and atta boys to others and did a happy dance for yet others…

So now my turn to bring you all up to date – and try to discuss an issue that I am having…

Things Others asked about:
• I am still taking Colace as a stool softener– once or twice a day – my Urologist said to – he said that straining could cause a prolapse…(who knows…) so am still taking them. I rather like them – and they are easy to swallow
• My belly is still huge and hard and hangs over the horizontal incision a bit. The upper part is still numb

Doctor Updates:
• I did go to the Urologist due to the infection - he put me on yet another course of antibiotics, did all sorts of tests and ultrasounds and then finally I was infection free (about 1.5 weeks ago) YEAHHHHH!!! The urologist disagreed with the way the surgeon had treated me and said the catheter should have not been removed so soon – but you know how Drs are – they all do things differently. I am just happy to not have the infection anymore.
• THE SURGEON …yes – I did go back and have a 5.5 week follow-up. He did not even want to examine me - his nurse said he was just going to “talk”. I said that he had to as the gyno was insisting – and also said I was having issues with a stitch. So she reluctantly agreed to allow me to undress…he examined my incision, cut off the stitch and then gave a very quick internal (after questioning why I was even there etc). Not pleasant – still upset by this jerk. He said all ok, sex was ok after 6 weeks and use lots of lube...

Now on to my problem – which has to do with sex…
• I have never used lube so kept trying to work out how to do so – do you know that none of these products give explicit directions???? My husband had never used it either – I’m 50 and he’s 49 and we are standing around wondering who does what and places what on whom and where – only one of us? Both? How much? Would it hurt these people to give me some directions?? All they give are cryptic hints.
• Ok – so I admit that I am scared of sex since the hyster
• My husband admits that he is scared of sex with me after the hyster
• We made a date for last Saturday as this was past the 6 week date, I was feeling good physically; I was reading about others who were off gaily hving sex with no issues … and I have a gyno appt scheduled for tomorrow so thought that Saturday was good timing as I could update the gyno on how it went.
• Saturday came and neither of us could get past the fear….
• So we made a date for Sunday (yesterday)…opened wine, drank some wine, drank some more wine…and made a brave attempt that was NOT good. It hurt…..even though he lubed up and I lubed up ..it still hurt ..and we took it very slow and lubed up even more. I think something ripped as I started to bleed and am still bleeding a little bit– this soreness is near the entry to my vagina.. There was also a bad quick pain inside of me that felt like it was in my belly somewhere – not my vagina – but I immediately thought internal stitches ripped or adhesions broke etc. Between the blood and the pain and the fear and the lube we agreed to stop. My very nice husband actually had the kindness to say that he thought it ”went very well for the first time” – at which point I broke down into hysterics as all I could l think about was that other people were doing this with no issues!
• Today I have pain in my stomach – in all the places I had it after surgery – on the hip, up near my rib cage and other places. This pain had all pretty much left me and now it is back.
• And I have pain at the opening to my vagina and of course the blood….which s very faint now
• I thought about calling the surgeon but he is such an a** that I did not need to end up in tears with tying to get his office to make an appt for me again.
• I go see the gyno tomorrow but am scared that she will say – “this is not my issue – go see the surgeon’ (like last time…) I hope not as I would be happy never to see the surgeon again unless it was for surgery (I DO think he did a good job inside of me…it is the outside of me stuff that I do not like the way he handles )
• I am scared of the doctor, scared of the blood, scared of these new pains and scared that my husband and I will not be able to overcome all this (and the lube) and have a good, mutually satisfying encounter.

So there is the Jax update…..

Jax
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:24 PM

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I would think that the gyno should address this issue cause isn't she the one who sent you to the surgeon?? I am really glad my gyno/obgyn did my surgery. Between the both of them I would like to think that they could come up with a better recovery plan for you. Maybe talk to another DR.?possibly another gyn? I wish I had a better solution for you, but unfortunately I haven't had to deal with being in pain for so long.
I have to laugh at what happened when hubby and I had sex first time! When I had the Big "O" my body actually squeezed him out!!!!! DH said it clamped down like a vice and would't let anything in!!!!! I felt sooo bad for him since he has been supportive throughout this whole ordeal. But we both had a good laugh about it. We tried again last nite and all went WELL!!!!!
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM

Jax - I had problems initially with sex, so I'll pass along how I handled it. If it is too much information, I'll apologize in advance. Some of it is unorthodox (to say the least) but I'm one to address a problem head on.

The first time was painful, with bleeding. It was a burning sensation, and more at the vaginal opening than deep inside. We used a good amount of lubrication, mostly on him, but I did rub some inside of me also. There was some bleeding. After doing some reading, I found that lack of natural moisture causes the vaginal tissue to become dry and less elastic. The lubricants you buy may address the dryness but not necessarily the elasticity, and it does not aid in the process of shedding the dry cells. I started using a product called Replens that treats both. I had also read about vaginal dialators to stretch things out a bit, but wasn't sure I needed to go to that expense. Now here's the unorthodox part. I had read a post on the Hyster site from a women who had told her doctor she couldn't afford the dialator and he advised her to try a cucumber. So I bought a zuccini and a box of condoms. I won't go into detail, but after a week there is no pain and no bleeding. You had also mentioned having abdominal pain afterwards. That sounds like a different issue which needs to be addressed by your DR.

Again, I hope I haven't offended anyone.
Unread 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM

I saw replens on the shelf - when i selected the KY jelly stuff in a bottle. I had no idea which one to buy. I think I will go back and buy Replens and the condoms..and then ...

Actually - i will ask my gyno about this tommorrow - the pain is a burning feeling at the opening to my vagina not up inside. The stomach pain is all higher then where my vagina would be up near the ribs and across my nbelly near the ribs - and then down the side of my body. My hubby thinks i may have pulled/used some muscels that had not been used or a while - and that this is actualy muscle pain. he is not a doctor though.

Thans for the advice and sharing the story - i will search the site for more info.

Jax
Unread 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM

Jax
I am sorry you had probems and pain. Every thing will work out. ForPlay is a lubricant gel that is palate pleasing and water based with no residue. You can get it at adult toy store. It is the best. A very little amount goes a long ways. It is a little prices but well worth every penny. As my DH saids you can put a bowling ball up a gnat you know what with it. Good luck.

For the new mom.
for the baby. You are so blessed to have him.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register