Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 123 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Spring cleaning? Wow! What a concept...wish we were experiencing that here...we've been having light snowfall these past two days! Isn't it supposed to get warmer in the Spring??? :-)

Other than that, just finished my 2nd week at work...classes start up again on Monday.

Julia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 04:03 AM

Good morning everyone,

Another week down, Yaaaa!. I know it has been hard to post during the week due to trying to get used to work again and also trying to keep up with the household chores. I do have fatique and achiness at the end of the day and just want to plop into bed and do nothing. I also have my dad visiting this week and weekend so I had to do some extra cleaning and all so this week has had some minor set backs physically speaking and also not getting the alone/quiet time I have come to depend on is taking its toll.

It does seem everyone has suddenly stopped posting but I suspect they to are readjusting to their busy schedules, fatique and all the same.

Dad leaves on Sunday afternoon and I am hoping to get some rest for a couple days other than being at work and then try the gym sometime in the middle of the week for the first time in now what seems like forever!!! I think my workout clothes have probably gone out of style, LOL. I will probably just do the treadmill at first for awhile and try to get on a regular schedule of that and hopefully it will bring up some energy levels.

I hope everyone is doing well and that we hear from you soon. I have to go, it is 6:00 a.m here and I hear everyone stirring, animals included. I was hoping for a little more quiet this morning, oh well.

Have a great weekend all,

Michelle

TAH, left USO, right Oophectomy
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:37 AM

Morning all.... Life seems to be intruding on my internet time for sure! I have been back at work since 4weeks post op but very part time, but this week about 6-7 hours a day. Its too many hours and I had to take Thursday off. I feel like im healing slower than lots of you, but it just is I guess. I do feel better after resting all day Thursday and most of yesterday.
Sleep is still nonexistent if I dont take something to help, but Im hoping the busier i am during the day the easier that will be.

As for spring cleaning!?!? lol forget it! We still have snow on the ground in Chicago, the worst winter in 30 years. Although now that its melting and muddy, the dog just tracks in mud , thank goodness for Pergo floors that mop easily.

Everyone sounds like they are getting their lives back on track, it certainly was a detour wasnt it??

Have a good Saturday all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM

hey ladies
ditto on the posting!! man there's just no time...i too am finishing the 1st full work week and !! it wasn't too bad, but i do feel totally beat at the end of the day! getting use to the old routine is a little harder than expected! LOL

did i hear some one say spring cleaning??? what's that??? LOL... at least the sun is out again in syracuse and that's enough to spark a little cleaning...but it's only like 30 degrees not warm enough to open the windows...

not too many aches and pains, just really sore , but i'm sure that will pass...i have been laughing at some of the post, at least we ladies have kept our sense of laughter and good cheer...i hope everyone is doing well and the pain have subsided....let's look forward to spring and better brighter days.
well i'd better get back to the little cleaning that i'm trying to do all before the day "really" starts!
praying that everyone has a blessed weekend!!

much love

Joy
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:42 PM

Here's one for the "I didn't know that" department.

I went to get a haircut today, the first since the surgery. I mentioned to the hairdresser that I might need to get a new style because I have been losing some hair since the surgery. She told me that hair loss is a result of the anesthesia and that it would grow back. I'll be very happy to have the hair grow back, as long as it's not on my face, LOL!
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:13 PM

My hairdresser told me that also Karen, although he did say the hormonal aspects of a hysterectomy could be the cause too.

I had a good day today, went to work this morning, and worked 6 hours without feeling any ( well almost any) aches or pain. I came home and did lay down right away and rested, then my son and his wife and daughter came over. My grandaughter will be 3 next month and they bought her her first "big girl " bike, one with training wheels. So they stopped at our house to let us see her ride it for the first time ... and to get Papa to help but it together i think! But is was so nice to be part of a "first " in her life. She did a great job and was riding up and down the sidewalk with our Golden prancing along side her in no time. We went out for dinner to, and now im beat and a little sore so the rest of the night will be on the couch, but thats okay, the day seemed better than Ive had in along time!
Have a good evening all.
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM

I have been trying to get back into "mommy" mode. With 4 kids, I drop into bed every night as soon as I can because I'll have to get up and nurse. I have had a few new pains, mostly a burning sensation. Aleve seems to help during the day! I am glad that the posts are fewer as that means that we are getting closer to normal. I hope spring comes soon for all of you. I live in the south so it has been close to 70 all week! Great weather!
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Yay...some of you are back and updating again.

Things are going well again for me - the only discomfort I feel is when my belly jiggles when I walk and I still can't use my tummy muscles very much when getting in/out of bed. I am still wearing my granny panties (when I do wear panties, anyway - I don't when I'm in my jammies) and hold my belly a lot to keep it still when walking.

Today I did my workout DVD for the first time post-op and it felt great. It's a tai chi/kickboxing workout (http://www.amazon.ca/Shape-Up-W-Shar.../dp/B0006SSSFU) - if they remove the link and you are interested in the greatest workout DVD ever, please PM me - and of course I didn't do the moves full-on (and skipped the floor exercises for abs entirely); it's the only workout I've found so far that I can complete. It's not too hard, not too easy, you don't need a whole lot of room (a strip of floor 6' wide by about 4' deep for the front kicks will do ya), and last year when I did it 2-3 times a week for 4 months I really noticed a difference in my shape and my buns. The reason I stopped was because it became too exhausting to do an exhilarating workout at home after sweating my butt off during the drive home from work in the heat (my car doesn't have A/C). When the weather's nice it's better to work out outside, anyway.

Things are progressing well in the bedroom as well...*cough*
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Glad to hear it Jen. I haven't gotten back to working out yet. I am afraid to do ab work. It is what I need the most but since I still have pain I am taking it a little easy. My DR said that I am about 1-2 weeks behind everyone else due to the trauma of my surgery. So I am starting my South Beach diet on Tuesday and walking. We'll see. I am going back to waiting tables in May!
Unread 03-30-2008, 05:04 PM

Hi Sarita,

Yeah, as I'm going thru the motions my mind is totally on my belly, minding how far I twist or whatever. I was even able to do a few half-push-ups.

Even with the boxing moves, ab muscles are involved, so I was really being careful.

Feel better soon - and keep walking!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register