Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 125 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi all,, hows everyone doing? Im doing great with the exception of this burning abdomen. 8 weeks post op i didnt expect to still be hurting this much. Nothing seems to hurt interior wise, just the numb, burning, weird abdomen. Anyone else in the same boat??
Otherwise Im back to work about 6-7hours a day, walking some every other day, doing pretty well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 06:07 PM

Happy Birthday Kay!
I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Sorry to hear how you spent your birthday.
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm not having any abdominal pain, just a soreness where the muscles/ligaments/whatever attach to the pelvic bone.

Got a call from the neurosurgeon -my brain MRI came back OK. So I've been cleared top to bottom!!

My DH has not been so fortunate. He has been diagnosed with lupus. He got a call from his DR with the biopsy results, but won't have an office face-to-face for a couple more weeks. So that means that awful limbo between getting the diagnosis and finding out what the treatment is. We'll cross our fingers and hope for the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Me too on the abdominal soreness. Lol, it usually hurts if I bump it at work, since I need to lean on things when I help customers. I hope all goes well for your DH, Karen. I am glad to hear you are good to go head to toe, lol. Hope you all have a good one.
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while... I've been really busy, out of town, as well as my eyes have been bothering me, so I've been tring to limit my computer use. So, that is why I haven't been on here much.

But, it sounds like everyone seems to be definitely doing well and back to normal life pretty much.

Paula: I definitely have burning on my skin on my abdomen.... my skin is still very tender to touch, and it's numb around my incision. It doesn't reallyl hurt internally anymore, but just on the skin, it is tender. But, I think I've just gotten so used to it that I am trying to just get it out of my mind. But, you are not the only one!!

karen: I'm so happy your MRI came back good! That is great! I'm glad you are cleared from top to bottom.... great news! So sorry to hear about your DH and lupus, though. ugh. My good friend has Lupus (she is 44), and I know it can be a difficult thing to live with at times. I really hope your DH can find a good doctor and can get it under control to be able to live as close to a normal of life as possible!

Fia: You are such an adventurist! I'm so glad your trip to Peru went well!! You are amazing. :-) Glad things are well with you.

Happy Birthday, Kay!!

As for me.... a quick update...

I'm doing great! I feel great overall.... I feel totally back to normal, except the burning sensation just on my skin, but I would describe it as mild. Like i said, I am able to ignore it, but it is always there.

My swelly belly is pretty much gone.... it can get a bit swollen in the evening depending on what I do and what i wear. But, I am back to my normal self pretty much.

I feel great! I feel a ton better than I did before surgery without a doubt. I had a lot of pain before surgery and that pain is completley gone! I have a ton of energy, and just feel great.

And, the biggest news is today I started running again! I'm nowhere near back to what i was before surgery in terms of running, but I am running.... that is all that matters to me right now!! I am just starting out very slow.... ran only for 15 minutes today on the treadmill at 5.0 MPH (I walked for 15 minutes at a 7.5% grade at 4.0 MPH first, and then put the treadmill down to a 0% grade and picked it up to 5.0 MPH and jogged for 15 minutes. Then, I did strength training for 20 minutes after that..... pre-surgery, I was running between 7 MPH and 8 MPH on the treadmill, and so I am hoping I can be back to that by the summer sometime, but all that I care about right now is that I am running again.)

I have been working out pretty much 4 - 5 days a week right now and doing really great.

I've been getting a massage twice a week for 2 weeks now, and I'll go down to oncea week starting next week for a couple weeks, and then after that, I'll just kind of play it by ear. I have an amazing massage therapist who specializes in rehabilitation after surgery, and it just has helped me a TON with my healing.... I attribute that to why I feel so great... plus, just getting back to working out.

so, anyway... all is good. I can't believe 4 weeks ago I wasn't sure if I'd ever feel normal again, and here i am better than I was before surgery! :-)

Take care everyone... I'll stay in touch for sure.

Kathy
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM

Hey ladies...

I haven't posted in a while either; no doubt because I thought I was feeling like normal again. That has slightly changed now. Being back at work (3rd week) and campus being back in full swing since Monday has brought some enlightenment to me. It seems I never realized just how many abdominal muscles one uses just in the task of sitting down and standing up - I have learned! So, for the first time since surgery, my innards are a bit "tender", so I've been encouraging others to do things that I would otherwise get out of my chair to help them with. Wish me luck on seeing how long that lasts!

Paula: I hope your exterior tenderness goes away soon. My "outer" is doing better except for that one numb spot at the top of my incision. I'm sure it will go away with time - but who knows.

Karen: Congrats on your test results and I, too, am sorry to hear you and your DH will be anxiously awaiting his "treatment" visit. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers, too.

Fia: A trip - I envy your adventure (especially so shortly after surgery). I told my boss, "When I'm at work, I can't wait to take a vacation; however, being on forced leave, I wanted so much to get back to work (especially since physical recovery didn't warrant another 3-week trip walking all over Europe). Perhaps next "vacation"!

Kay: Happy (belated) Birthday!

On a side note, I was finally able to pick up my new reading glasses today! What a difference they make so far (I don't have to hold things just so to get them into focus). Odd thing is, although my vision was fine before, going through this process (during/after) must have exacerbated something I wasn't aware of. But it became very pronounced about week 3 of recovery. Maybe it's just me. I will say the eye doc said I held out longer than most in the "you need glasses department" (about 5 years even) and that the health of both eyes is exceptionally good! So, I guess if I need to wear glasses to read and/or work on the computer, then I think that is the least of my worries.

Best be on my way and go walk the dog...

Julia
Unread 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Hello~

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

Karen, I am sorry to hear about your DH. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

I had my eight week check up today. I was cleared to go back to work tomorrow, but the doctor stressed that I am not to have sex yet. I have to go back and see him in another two weeks. Also, I am not allowed to lift anything over five pounds yet. The doctor gave me some more of that fun vaginal cream. He said that I still have a few stitches that are just a little infected.

I went up to my classroom tonight because I wanted to see how I would do on the stairs. I work on the second floor and the building does not have an elevator. I did o.k. on the first flight, but as I rounded the landing to head up the second flight I could feel a cramping inside my abdomen. It went away after I sat for a few minutes. I spent an hour wiping down the desks and stuff. I don't know if this sounds strange or not, but I am a little worried about going back to work and being around people again. Anyone else go through this?

Since I am still not sleeping at night, the doctor gave me something to help with my hormones. He said that by adjusting my levels, I will sleep better. So, I am enjoying a nice cup of ginger tea, along with my new meds, in hopes that I will get enough sleep to feel up to work in the morning! Wish me luck!

Rebecca, 32 TVH 2/6/08-kept both ovaries but they went on strike
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:25 AM

Hi Rebecca,
What grade do you teach? I teach first grade and I go back to school on Monday. I am concerned as well. I don't have the issue with the stairs but I will be on my feet all day. You don't really get a minutes rest with the little ones.
I hope the tea works for you and you have a restful night. Good luck in the morning!
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:57 AM

With regard to stairs and walking, I find it's best to completely relax my belly area and just make sure it isn't free to wiggle at all - that way I don't get those cramps.

If I try using my stomach muscles to "pull in" my belly to try to keep it still, the cramps occur.
Unread 04-03-2008, 07:32 AM

I had my surgery on Feb. 6th. I'm feeling much better! Went back to work after 6 weeks off.

Karen - sorry to hear about your DH and the lupus. My mom and sister both have lupus. My mom has had it since 1967 and my sister has had it since 1990. They both have a different kinds of lupus. If you have any questions - just IM.
Good luck and hope everything works out!!

Little woman

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register