Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 127 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Thanks to all for your support. It is a great help. Bluejay, thanks so much for the info. I hate to hear your DH had to go through that. My DH goes to the DR in a couple of weeks, so it really helps to know ahead of time what helps and what should be avoided.

My first week of work is over, and I survived - in heels no less! My legs are a little achey, but I'm doing good otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Hi all
I have now survived two weeks of work. I am doing ok, although by end of Fridays I am beat and not really focusing well...
I have been slowly trying to get back to exercise. I cannot face the idea of anything jarring or straining my abs, so I am walking and swimming. I have promised myself I will start yoga at the end of April (new session at the Y) and then will, I guess, do weights before running.
I have that discomfort at the hips, periodically and am still using a lot of motrin.
Also, I am having a lot of vaginal wetness--no particularly problematic odor or anything, but the reverse of what I expected. Anyone else?
Deb
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:28 PM

Hiya Deb,
I, too, seem to have alot of vaginal wetness also. I was starting to have "accidents" before hyster, so I thought maybe it was that but I discovered it isn't. I am not sure what is going on. I still am on the lookout for blood, but it isn't blood. I have no odor either. I am still using pain meds as well. My hips have been hurting as well, especially my first week back to work. I was like the little old lady walking again, lol. I sure hope my second week goes better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Hi Everyone,
I had surgery on Feb. 6th and have been back to work full time for 2 weeks! Besides going in 1 day at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks and 6 weeks. I had a TAH with ovaries and cervix removed, endo on colon, tubes and ovaries. I'm on Premarin 1.25mg once daily seems to be working other than problems sleeping at night. At two weeks i had not been able to go to the bathroom (number 2) and boy was I a mess!! If any of you are having trouble like this call your doctor he can give you a prescription to help!! Besides that the only other little problem was a UTI. I feel better now than I have felt in years!!!!!!!! I never realized how much pain I was in before, even sex is pain free!! I have so much more energy! (even with sleeping only 4 hours a night!) Just wanted to let everyone know how I am feeling. Good luck to everyone else!
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Update~

Hi! I just wanted to post an update. My eight week check up was on April 2nd. The doctor cleared me to go back to work, but I can only go up the stairs to my classroom and down the stairs to leave once a day. Since I teach grades 9-12, my students get to run all of my errands for me!(SMILE) I am not to lift anything over five pounds yet, and still no sex. Since my husband left on Saturday to go back to Michigan, that won't be a problem!(SMILE) I have to go back to the doctors again for a ten week visit. He wants to see if the medications he gave me to help with my hormone levels are helping. I was shaking so bad that I couldn't even get my contacts in. It's getting better. I've been back to work since April 3rd. Everything is going well, but by the end of the day I am really tired. Now that the husband is back in Michigan, I feel stretched to the max. I don't feel like I'm spending much time with my four children at home. They are ages 17, 13, 12, and 11. I know that it will get better, but I need it to sooner than later! The doctor gave me a B12 shot and told me to start taking a daily multi-vitamin, vitamin C twice a day, and a few others. I take a total of 9 pills in the morning and 7 pills at night.

I do have an issue that I want to put out here to see if anyone else is dealing with it. In addition to uterine prolapse, the glands of my cervix were producing more mucous than normal. It was so bad that I had to wear pads. In fact, I had a D&C back on October 12th, along with the ablation process. So, my last period was in September, but I had to wear a pad all the way up to my hysterectomy because of the amount of discharge I was having. Now that I have had a TVH, and they removed the cervix, I still have the discharge. It isn't as bad, but I still have to wear a panty liner, and sometimes a pad still. The doctor said that it is now coming from my vaginal walls. I am being told that this is a condition triggered by stress, and that it may just be something that I have to live with. If anyone else is dealing with something like this, please let me know!

On the upside, I have a little success story to tell.....

Before my surgery, I was drinking about a 2 litter of pop a day. I haven't had any pop since the night before, and I have lost almost 15 pounds! I can wear my 17 year old daughter's jeans!(SMILE) I can't wait until I feel up to getting back on my treadmill! I just want to see if I can tighten down my belly area!

O.K I have students now, so I have to run.....
Unread 04-16-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beannasandy

I do have an issue that I want to put out here to see if anyone else is dealing with it. In addition to uterine prolapse, the glands of my cervix were producing more mucous than normal. It was so bad that I had to wear pads. In fact, I had a D&C back on October 12th, along with the ablation process. So, my last period was in September, but I had to wear a pad all the way up to my hysterectomy because of the amount of discharge I was having. Now that I have had a TVH, and they removed the cervix, I still have the discharge. It isn't as bad, but I still have to wear a panty liner, and sometimes a pad still. The doctor said that it is now coming from my vaginal walls. I am being told that this is a condition triggered by stress, and that it may just be something that I have to live with. If anyone else is dealing with something like this, please let me know!

I am sorry, I can not help you on this. Hang in there.
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM

I am sorry I cannot help you with this either, but wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you. I hope you can find an answer somewhere here on this site. Have a wonderful evening.
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Now Cysts :(

I didn't even know this thread existed or I would have been on here 2 months ago

Well, I started doing pretty well after my hysterectomy when BLAM! massive pain. My coworkers finally convinced me to call my doc just to make sure this was normal. She told me that it wasn't and to come in first thing the next morning. Talk about freak a woman out!!

I spent last Tuesday morning going through all kinds of tests and after a very painful pelvic ultrasound I now have a cyst on my right ovary. I am so bummed. I've had so many of those ultrasounds and now they find a cyst!

Because I've had 2 surgeries involving my lady parts in the past year she wants to hold off and see if the cyst will just go away. Saturday I was hurting pretty bad but Sunday morning I woke up and felt fantastic. But today I'm starting to feel those familiar twinges again (sigh).

I had hoped that maybe when the ovaries kicked back in a cyst could form and then vanish but I haven't heard anyone else mention that. Which is what led me here today...praying someone else had something similar going on. So I'm off to search again!
Unread 04-17-2008, 05:07 PM

Search through the posts or even popular posts. I am sure I have read this happening before as I have looked around the site. Best of luck, I hope this turns out to be something that will resolve itself on its own.
Unread 04-17-2008, 07:35 PM

CWS, I am sorry for your trouble. I hope that they can fix you all up. I will be praying for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register