Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Days Post-Op

Hi All
So glad to hear that most are healing good. I went for a ride today to help DH pick out dinners for him to help me make next week. By the time we got back I was so tired..lol I am doing good, I took my steri strips off and have one large stitch that runs across the incision, hopefully Dr will take that out next week. I was wondering if anyone has pain toward the end of having a pee? I get discomfort with the BM's too but it all seems to be inside my tummy. I had everything removed apart from my one ovary. Hope he keeps working for awhile longer. Reading everyones thoughts on here really helps. I wish you all a speedy recovery..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

jaybre,

I do have some discomfort as my bladder empties. I am fine till it gets toward the end of the process then it feels as if my incision is pressing in on my bladder. I think this is normal as I seem to remember that being the same when I had my last c-section 20 years ago. I also do know that bladder infection and urinary track infections are common after a hysterectomy or c-section so if it continues to bother you ask your doc about it.

Ok is anyone else going stir crazy right now??? I am so bored! I don't want to watch anymore movies, TV or read anymore books or play anymore online games. I am feeling like a pouty princess right now (since it is not a new emotion I can easily recognize it). I feel like I really want to drink a half a bottle of wine and dance to Disco records! Of course I feel this way because I can't do it right now! Wow how was that for a pity party! Well I do know how to throw a party!

Oh well after all that venting I am thinking maybe a nap..lol
Unread 02-16-2008, 05:35 PM

I'll take the rain,
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm really gonna like it here once I get the knack. I'm in between movies right now and just checked my mail. My DH is going out to get some Italian take-out when my sister gets home. She's visiting from North Carolina, trying to help me get my Mom settled.
Just heard the garage door opener, I have to run and print up the menu for the FOOD! Talk again.

p.s. how do you post your age and what you had done at the end of the message? Ah Duhhhh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for the never ending posts. It has been so comforting to hear all of your personal stories of recovery. Today I am 9 days post-op and I am feeling so much better. I do believe that it has to do with having a real BM. I broke down last night and drank half a bottle of magnesium citrate. Wow, I highly recommend this for anyone with continuing gas problems or bowel problems.

I ventured outside to the mailbox today, and the weather was fantastic. My sweet 6 year-old neighbor came over and asked if I was having a baby. WOW, I almost ran inside. Is everyone as swollen as I am? My uterus was comparable to a 20 week pregnancy, but wow I look that big now.

Love to run, I hope you continue to heal at your pace, but remember a TAH is a major surgery and the recovery time is longer.

take care all, Nicole
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:16 PM

Im going stir crazy too! Not feeling well enough to really do much, but sick of HGTV, movies, and books! My husband went to the store today for me, bought all the wrong stuff( not really its just how i felt!) then left again to pick up a computer that was in for repair, brought it back and it still doesnt run right.... and i burst into tears! lol.. over a computer, which if i could lift or get down on the floor to open myself i could fix myself! Anyway, yes, I feel like im in between not feeling good enough to do much but good enough to want to. On the plus side, since my ovaries were taken and i was already into perimenopause and having lots and lots of severe hot flashes, I am on Premarin, and after a week, they have lessoned significantly. Im thrilled!
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Rocky 526
Go into CP (Control Panel) and use the signature options--its on the Home page.

Yes, my belly is still pretty swollen, and more at the end of the day than the beginning. It is much softer than before ths urgery but I think it will take a while to shrink--after all the muscles and skin were pretty distended.
Unread 02-16-2008, 07:36 PM

Thanks Karen.

Yup, you guessed it, I DO have a lot of energy... I always have, and it does give me a positive outlook on things. I think that is a lot of what is helping me get through this s-l-o-w recovery!

I think my high natural energy is why i like sports so much, and I love participating in sports... I love the endorphins, too. :-) So, when I'm laid up like I am now, I think I have to get this energy out, and I'm doing it through emailing my friends and posting on here. :-)

I don't drink caffeine... I can't.... I will start doing cartwheels down the street, jumping all over, and talking 1,000 miles a minute if I drink caffeine. haha. I have too much natural energy to drink caffeine. I do love coffee (I live in Seattle... the coffee capital of the USA, so how could I NOT drink coffee), but I only drink decaf.

Yes, this board does crack me up, too, in that the wide spectrum of things we talk about.... it IS a crazy virtual world we live in!

Have a nice night everyone! tomorrow is one more day closer to feeling NORMAL! (well, at least for me!!)
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCarla2u

It is sunny here in Ohio today, but I am still in the house I plan on being off until the first week of March, unless something goes wrong. I also still have the swelly belly and can someone give me some advice on how to find a comfortable position when I try to get some sleep at night, I have not had a really good nights sleep since I came home a week ago today.

Carla (SAH) 02-07-08
I've been sleeping on my side and putting a folded/rolled towel under my belly to support it and it's worked wonderfully. My partner has also placed a body pillow between us, since she's scared she'll kick and hurt me.

Roberta
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywifeinTexas
~Karen~ Hey there!! I told my hubby if we didn't get prego again by the time i was 35, I was done anyway. And trying for last 6 yrs has been draining, fun practicing, but draining nonetheless. And this is final, so no oopsy-daisy when he is home from Afghanistan mid-tour (Dec-Jan). I'm sure this is just a rough patch that all sisters of child-bearing age go through, but I will be fine.

Yea, mini-pad free!!! I'm jealous! {{wink wink}}

Wishing you aand all my new sisters a good weekend and happy recovery.
Hey Armywife,

We went through nearly 6 years of infertility as well, stopping when I was 40 (42 now and no kids). Going through this finality was hard to say the least, but I also know I'll feel so much better without the monsters stealing my blood and energy!!! Seeing pictures of my uterus post-op also gave me the perspective and darn good reasons why I could never conceive - it was very obviously NOT healthy.

Roberta
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:51 PM

Hello Ladies,
Its nice that i found this site where I can get tips on recovering. I'm only 20, yes I know I'm young everybody says that :-D
I had my uterus taken out because i was diagnosed with endometrial pollyps that were not able to be removed. I will go back for a check up on the 21st of this month to go over the pathology results.

I think I'm over doing it at home, I just cant stay in bed :-( I have not lifted anything heavy; but i did tripped and fell on my side. I quickly checked my incision and called the doctor. Seems everything is ok, since i'm not bleeding heavily like a period.

The real reason why i joined this site was because i'm looking for some emotional support. I'm young and did not have the opportunity to have kids before my hysterectomy. I'm scared, and seems that all my friends and family cant really understand what i'm going through-- or thats how i feel anyway.

Please if anybody can relate to me, message me. It would be nice to chat with someone that can understand me

sincerely,
BEA

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register