Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Ahhhh {{{{ BEA }}}}

Welcome! We are glad you are here and you will most certainly find the support you are looking for! I am not in exactly your same situation, but my heart goes out to you and I am sure that there are some other here in the same boat with regards to being young and not having the opportunity to have kids.

Even the women who have had children are still going through some of the same emotions, since we have all lost that opportunity. There is a huge amount of emotion attached to that. You have come to the right place.

If you didn't do it already, you might want to also post your same concerns as a new thread in the post-op board so that more people will see it.

Sending warm hugs and love your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:04 PM

Welcome Bea,

I am glad you found the site. Yes, it is hard for people who are not going through this to understand what we are going through. For you, finding friends your age going through this even harder but no worries because despite our slightly more advanced age there are no old ladies here!!

Do be careful not to over do it though. I know it is hard becuase I am seriously going stir crazy here (as are otheres) but it is better to take things slow. Listen to your body it will tell you your limits. My motto is when in doubt, spend a half hour in bed :-)

It is good you found the site because each and every one of us can relate to how you are feeling in some way.

Welcome to the sisterhood!
Cindy
Unread 02-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi All

I am so glad I found this site.

(Loves To Run) I also do triathons but nothing to big yet lots of little ones hoping to work up to the big one. I have been dreaming of the half ironman for awhile now. Just watch the ironman in kona today while in bed. Very inspiring. Then sad cause I could barely make it to the bathroom.

Have not been feeling good today. A little faintish and tired. But I did stay up playing online poker for longer than I should of. LOL I think I am also getting stir crazy. My husband may take me out tomorrow for a bit. Been having quite a bit of pain after peeing the last couple of days, must be the healing process. I napped all afternoon off and on.

I'm very happy to see that there are some new names here. This site sure has helped me and I read the posts for awhile before I decided to write here myself. It sure helps when there are other people going though the same things.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:27 PM

Hi Bea,

Yes, welcome!! I'm so glad you came here because you will get amazing encouragement and support here. It is so nice to talk to others who have had the same surgery and are going through the same recovery.

I can't fully understand your situation since I'm out of my 20's, but I agree with karen in that we all have lost the chance to even have children or to have more children, so all of us can understand on that level. what I love about this site is I can communicate with women who are in their 50's, 40's, and 20's (I'm in my 30's), and I have found age does not matter when it comes to support for a hysterectomy. The women who are 50 are going through the same thing that the women who are in their 20's are going through in terms of recovery and a feeling of loss. So, I know you'll find support here. :-)

I agree that you should post on the main post-op forum, and I'm sure you will find women more in your situation who can help you even more. But, please continue to post here, and we can all support each other!

I know when I was on the pre-op side, there were a few women who were young like you who were scheduled for a hysterectomy, so you are not alone! I will say "young" is all relative because I can't tell you how many people told me I was too young to have a hysterectomy, and I'm 36. So, as you can see, age doesn't matter sometimes.

But, just try to take it easy during this recovery and get help when you can. You just want to heal right, and this is your chance to do it.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Take care!!
Unread 02-17-2008, 12:57 AM

Hi all,
12 days post op.
A very late post from me today. I've been going stir crazy like a lot of you our there so my husband agreed to taking me out for a little drive. Went and got the morning papers, got some groceries and a couple of plants for the garden. Took about 2 hours and I was EXHAUSTED. That will teach me. Came home and slept for 4 hours !!! Happy to say that the plants are in and groceries packed away - by Peter Ye Ha.... I've got a great husband. Feeling sore under my breasts this evening. Someone saw me at the grocery store when I had to sit down and came over to make sure I was OK she said I looked terrible.... everyone is so caring.

Welcome Bea - I had a breakdown last year and ended up in hospital a couple of times for extended periods. In my experience the best thing you can do is not hold in your emotions. That has been what I have done over the years and eventually it all caught up with me. Now, your circumstances are different to mine and I am definately not an expert in the field, but we must take care of our mental health as well as out physical health. One of the things I found really helpful when I found anger overwhelming, was to find a very private space and yell all my anger out. Swearing optional, but believe me it was great to use the odd @$#%^ word !!. Take it one day at a time Bea. Another good tip is to write all of your feelings down in a journal, don't necessarily go back and re read them, just gets those suckers on paper. It's amazing how much of a release you can get from doing that. That is probably a good excercise for all of us at this time !!

The sex thing - Had a cuddle/kiss with Peter tonight. It was nice, just like when we first started going out.....25 years ago minus shoulder pads and bad haircuts LOL. We HAD to control ourselves and it was nice. No very satisfying mind you, but nice nevertheless LOL.
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Good Day

Thanks cindyjo, I feel much better knowing this is happening to others. Strange as it maybe.I have to call the Doc on Tuesday, will be two weeks post-op then ,and hopefully this stitch will be removed. Anyone else have a large long running stitch? Incision is about 10 inches long.
I have polished today while DH vacuumed and I even managed to sit on the side of the tub before my shower and shave my legs. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Also I have not taken any motrin today so far. Hope all you ladies have a blessed weekend..
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:55 AM
MsCarla2u

Good Morning everyone, especially Bea,

Welcome to the site, these ladies are incredible you will get much support here. This is day 10 post op for me and I woke up feeling pretty good. No pain meds since yesterday afternoon, I am trying to see if I can go without, but not to the extent of causing myself pain.

It seems for me everyday gets a little better, but I encourage everyone to take it one day at a time.

And for Bea, you are a very brave young lady to make such a life changing decision at such an early age. Just remember that your health always comes first and there are so many options to have children later on if you choose to.

Just stay positive and stop over doing it you do not want to end up back in the hospital, I think we all who are feeling up to it are going stir crazy, but just talk to us as much as possible because these ladies will help you out a lot.

This website has so much information so browse and enjoy the read.

Carla SAH 2-7-08 I kept my cervix and left ovary!

Be blessed
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:52 AM

Hi Bea
I just wanted to encourage you to post a new thread, maybe in the Aching Hearts forum. SInce this thread is for people who just had hysterectomies, if you post a new thread you are more likely to get answers from other people who are in your situation but had their hysterectomies more than two weeks ago.

I know this is really tough. I'm sure your friends and family don't entirely get it--fortunately, with this website, you can find people who have been there and do get it. And please stay with us on this thread too!
Deb
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:31 AM

Try lying on your right side ( helps gas escape too) and put a pillow betwwen legs and one against stomach. I also put on behind me. I have been moving around house from beds to couches--sometimes the couch is best. Good luck
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:39 AM

Good Morning all.. especially Bea. You have found an amazing group of women in this site, and although we may not be as young as you, we all have some understanding of what you are going thru. Like the others, i would encourage you to post a new thread too.

THis morning is a good morning, woke up to rain (yes rain ) in Chicago! Its windy and pouring outside, a good day to feel okay staying in and resting. I woke up feeling good this morning, even made breakfast for my husband and I , cleaned the kitchen up all by myself ( ah the small steps! ). Now I am back on the couch, going to read the sunday papers and check emails.
Im planning on take a small trip to the bank on Tuesday, my first outing since my 1 week post op last Monday. I am used to walking 3-5 miles a day and the inactivity is making me a little crazy. I need to set some goals for each week/ day... and see how well i do. So, a small trip to the bank, by myself, driving for the first time, on Tuesday. Will take it from there. I envy those of you who can get outside and walk the neighborhood or to the store, not an option in Chicago in Feb!
Take care all and enjoy your Sunday.
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register