Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

{{Loves to Run}} In your honor
[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ArmywifeinTexas, You're the best!!! I love it "in your honor"!!! TOTALLY laughing right now!!!

I agree, this board is great... my mom had a hyster 30 years ago, and I have talked to her about mine, but she talks as if she remembers every single detail like she had it yesterday, and she finds it "odd" that I'm not having the same experience as her.... but I also think she has erased from her mind the bad parts. And, who knows... she does claim to remember EVERY SINGLE DETAIL from 1977 when she had her hyster (she had a TAH like me), so maybe this is something you NEVER forget. But, I'm SURE over 30 years time, you do forget some things, or TRULY forget how bad it was at times. Like my mom claims her belly was never swollen like mine, and she's all concerned something is wrong.

I told my mom about this board and I told her every single woman on this board has a swollen belly, and I'd put money on it that she did, too... she probably just erased it from her mind. But, she still thinks it's not normal to have a swollen belly.... go figure!

I also have no friends here who have had a hyster. I have one good friend who had one ovary removed, and had an abdominal cut like me, and that was just last year for her. So, she's been the only person here who understands the most of what my recovery is like.

Yes, this board is awesome! I always tell my friends here, "I hope you still will hang out with me now that I'm "less" of a person." HAHAHA!!!! (missing 2 organs now). My friends have been extremely supportive and helpful, but they really don't fully understand.

Well.... thanks for the fun smiles!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Hey Cindy,

You're awesome! I just ordered the VS Yoga Pants (I got the black and gold). It told me they won't be delivered until March 3 because they are back-ordered, but that is OK. Even if my belly is down some by then (which from the sounds of all the women on this board, it probably won't be), I still could use these... I love lounging around in anything comfy like this.

I also ordered a cute sweater, too. :-) This is the one I got:

And, I got it in the orange/coral color, too. I love that color. :-)

Thanks!!! Now I feel happy that I did some shopping today! woo hoo.
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:04 PM

I just ordered 2 pairs of these 2.. black and gold and Charcoal and fushia.
Target also has a great lounging pant...gillian and omalley, its part of their sleepwear, but they have the same wide waistband, a wider leg though. Really comfortable and only 14.99 also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthepathtoheal
Hi there, I had my abdominal hysterectomy on February 6th, 2008. MY first couple of days of recovery were pretty smooth, not too much pain. However since I have been home I have been having increasing pain while passing urine, and having a bowel movement. It has been getting more painful to get up out of bed or off the couch from a lay down position. I am now into my 12 day after my surgery and I had expected that each day I would better and better, but it seems to be the opposite?! It's the weekend and therefore no doctors available, and I really don't want to go and wait in a packed and noisy emergancy room to be told that this is "normal" post op pain. Has anyone else experience the same increasing pain and is this normal? Should I just relax and suck it up, or should I seek a medical opinion? Someone please help?!
(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support! Please check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further information on how to use this thread.

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your understanding!

Unread 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM

I hope you guys love the yoga pants as much as I do.. I just hate having this swelly belly stuff! I like that in these pants you cannot tell as much that I am bloated looking. They just hold me in gently in all the right places.

I am not loving this shelf thing and I really hope it goes away!!! I believe I may have had it post c-section in the 80's and if I did it obviously went away then so I remain hopeful it is temporary.

I am taking it easy today and just vegging in my room. My mom came down from up north to spend some time with me and we watched movies and laughed at me for my teenage bloopers of my youth. It gave my hubby a nice break from me I think. He swears he is not sick of me but if I were him I would be sick of me by now. He is a workaholic who has now been off for a week and a half so I know he is feeling lost. I find him sneeking off with his laptop sometimes but don't give him a hard time about it..lol He is the boss so I know he needs to know what is going on. Plus his guys are so great they have sent flowers and called and checked on me several times.

Well back to the couch for another movie (no complaints about it today after yesterdays over do it day).

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Cindy
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM

Hi All,

You girls are making a fortune for VS !! Anyone ever thought about going into advertising?

Lovely sunny morning in Oz.

The pressure/pain on my bladder is reducing and this morning I feel better than I have for ages. I suppose that where the danger starts. First it's just one little chore done the next thing you know your back into the whole housework thing.

Has anyone else lost weight? I am over weight anyway so I'm very pleased that I have lost nearly 9 pounds since just before I went into surgery. Mind you I have a long way to go. This weight lost has excited me and given me the boost I needed to keep going. I'm determined to get my health on track. I just want to get out there and walk very fast, but I know I'll have to wait a little longer.

Have a lovely evening ladies.
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Giz,

Yes I have lost weight as well. My uterus was 742 grams which is just over 1.5 pounds I believe. That combined with the lack of appetite after surgery makes a combined total of 7 pounds for me. 125 before surgery and now 118. My goal is 110 but no plans for dieting while in recovery. I just had a double double from In-N-Out so that is certainly not going to help me obtain 110!!! But for those of us in the west a double double is worth it!

I have noticed the more I walk the more I pass gas so that makes it a good thing. You know 2 weeks ago I could just not picture myself thinking that much less saying it. I cannot ever remember another time in my life celebrating a BM either but hey if that is what it takes to perk us up right now I say "all hail the great BM"!!!

Cindy
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Vaginal Pain

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone have vaginal pain...like you're about to have a baby? I've had a VH, A&P Repair, and Bladder Sling.

Being someone who is always busy (4 kids and run a business), I'm terrible at pacing myself.

Issues:
The constipation thing (and the fact I am still self-cathing myself a couple times a day) has me so frustrated, I basically sat on the hopper today reading a book! (had first BM yesterday and feel like I'm really still so constipated.)

Tonight I have this terrilble pain. I've read up a bit on the vaginal cuff - and figured that's probably what it is.

However, I don't know how much to do. My husband thinks I should walk more - and that I shouldn't have tried to stop taking the percocet (stopped for about 36 hours - to get rid of the constipation).

If I had it to do over again, I'm not sure I would've had done the vaginal hyst. One of the nurses made a comment (when I was in such severe pain at the hospital)..."I wish they wouldn't do these vaginally."

You know - I'm not even sure what my question was!!! Perhaps venting and sharing with be therpeutic on it's own!

Best wishes to all -

Julie
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
10 days post-op

Friday I went into work, it took me 2 hours to process checks, handle messages on the answering machine, go to the bank and deposit checks, etc. My brain was not up to speed. After doing some grocery shopping, i went home and read and napped the rest of the afternoon. Yesterday I snoozed most of the day. But was able to complete about half of the L.A Time crossword puzzle. It's always tough on Saturday's—last week I got nowhere on it. Today I got up and went out to do some shopping for my Peru trip next month. Also stopped at Trader Joe's for a Chinese Chicken Salad.

Tomorrow I hope I will have the energy to tackle my aunt's state income tax. I also hope to try a trip to Magellan's, a travel outfitter, in Santa Monica—about 15 miles away. But will probably wait til the 1st before making the 80 mile trip to see my 88-year-old aunt. Tuesday and Thursday I will go back into work. Haven't made any plans for Wednesday yet. But Friday I have a mammogram appointment. The 25th is my post-op checkup. The 26th I'll have to drive about 40 miles to see my tax man. Will probably go to work 3 days that week.

One of my steri strips was gone this morning when I woke up. But the underlying incision seems fine. Gas pains are pretty much gone, but gas continues. After tomorrow I will have to handle cleaning the litter boxes myself. But I should be up to it. My neighbor put out my trash cans Thursday night, but I put them away Friday after they were empty. So all in all I'm pretty much back to normal, except I tire easily. Hope to get back to my gym routine after March 1, although the first day I will probably only ride the bike, then add in the weights gradually. I need to be in shape for my Peru trip March 20.

I'm really thankful I was able to have a da Vinci hysterectomy, as I live alone and have no one handy to lean on. I would have been miserable with an abdominal surgery.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:38 PM

Today is my 4th day without pain meds, which I'm happy about, but I do notice an odour when I pee... it kinda smells like a well-worn running shoe. LOL I know it's just temporary and a side-effect of the surgery, so no biggie. Belly is plenty swollen still, and every bm deserves a celebration!

From the time I was released from the castle last Tuesday until this morning I was being taken care of at my dad's/step-mom's house and today I am finally back in my own home. Glad to be back - it feels like it's been a month since I've been here!

Best wishes to you all...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register