Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi Carla
Yep, sounds like it. And I'm feeling pretty wiped out this evening, so it also sounds like we are on the same track post op!
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Nicole - You really should call the doctor. I saw my doctor yesterday and all was well, but I noticed that the discharge kept getting a little more red as yesterday progressed (and I sat on the couch after the appointment and stopping by WalMart to get a rx filled). I woke up this morning to find that I bled through the panty liner I had on and when I put a full size pad on filled it within an hour with bright red blood. Needless to say I was at the doctors office again this am to get packed - yulk....... So I have been in bed since then and will try to remain here till I go back tomorrow afternoon. Doctor said everything looked good and she has no idea of why this happened - wish I had a better understanding of this set back.

Happy Healing
Unread 02-19-2008, 08:30 PM

Sorry to hear about your setbacks in the bleeding ladies. I think that the lack of bleeding was one of the things we most looked forward too!

I have a question for everyone regarding...... you guessed it BM's.

Before one of my larger fist size tumors was pressing into my bowels I had IBS-D. The pushing of the tumor into my bowel made this go away and gave me IBS-C. Anyway now with no supersized uterus or fist size fibroids I am having a lot of mucus in my softer BM's and the feeling of an incomplete BM (characteristic of IBS-D) but I was wondering if this could be happening to all since we just had surgery etc. Anyway not to be gross but I guess I am actually asking about your individual BM's. I am so hoping that this has not come back to me full force so soon after having a 6 month or more reprieve.

Also progress report.... Was feeling full of energy today, took a shower got prettied up and went to cheer on my bowling team. Lasted less than 2 hours had to tuck tail and run home feeling exhausted and stupid for over doing it. I think next time it is shower in morning try and go out at night. The combo was to much together. I just really feel bad for DH as he really needed some time out with beers and friends which he only got half of due to me having to leave. Everyone understood including DH but it still made me feel bad.

Oh well... I will just relax and wait to hear about everyones BM's (lol o what a joy post op is)

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Hi everyone,

wow, so many posts today!! I wasn't online as much today, so I was happy to see how much acticity is happening here! :-)

Cindyjo --

(KIDS & HUSBAND MENTIONED HERE IN THIS PARAGRAPH...)

I think we all have gone through so much. It's strange, but even though my husband and I were totally done having kids and so doing something so permanent didn't seem too difficult, I will say now it goes through my mind, "what if I was wrong... what if we DO want more... what if something happenes to one of my boys and we want to have more kids as a result..." Anyway, I never thought stuff like this before my surgery, but now I find I do from time to time. I think it is SOOO normal to have these thoughts no matter who you are, what stage of life you are in, what your desires are, etc. We all lost something that was part of us, BUT we all lost it in order ot gain a better quality of life, truly. I have never met a woman who chose to have a hysterectomy who had NO female issues, but just wanted her uterus removed. So, to me... this is how I get my mind out of that mode of "what if I was wrong..." when I do think that. Before my hyster, I had terrrrrrrible periods and very painful periods. Honestly, I felt like I missed out on my kid's lives for sure one week out of the month, and sometimes two weeks out of the month (depending on pain). And, so I think about if I chose to not have the surgery because I didn't want to lose this part of me that I really no longer need, then what I'd be doing is cheating out my kids and my husband.... so when I think of it that way, I feel like by having this surgery, I am only making a better life for ME but a better relationsip with my kids and husband, too. I know... we've all heard this a million times, but it is true that I KNOW I could always adopt if we DO get that urge to have more.... but I feel like that is so cliche to say, "you could always adopt", but in a way, it is true.

Our hormones are going nuts right now, too. Our brains are wondering waht on earth is happening. So, I think it's natural to feel this way. Human beings are creature of habit, so it's hard to deal with change and losing a Uterus is a HUUUUGE change! I just have to keep my chin up and know that I not only did this for me, but I did it for my family.

As for crying a lot (I forget, Cindyjo if that was you that mentioned this or someone else... sorry... I'll blame memory loss on the Percocit... haha), but I kept my ovaries, but I find myself getting weepy for the smallest things from time to time. I even asked my doc. in the hospital if he removed my ovaries by accident. HAHA!! He said he definitely kept them. But, he told me after a hyster, even if you keep your ovaries, your hormones can fly and you can feel emotional. So, even I, who kept my ovaries, find I get weepy from time to time... so I think this is ALLLLL normal.

We are ONLY 2 weeks post-op.... our bodies are still adjusting and our brains are still adjusting. We have been through so much!!

Oh, and my Juicy bottoms are snug, too. I wore them today! They were really snug... ugh. but, I know that'll get better. I couldn't zip up the jacket, too, because it was too snug.... our swelly bellies will go down!! Just takes time, I think.

Nicole:

I'm SOOOOO happy you got GOOD NEWS!!! YAY!!! You must be so relieved. I'm really happy for you!! Phew!

Karen:

Good luck at work tomorrow... are you still going in? Let us know how it goes when you get back. :-)

And as for me... thank you for those tellign me to take it easy! I agree... thank you for lookiing out for me. :-) Today was my first day out... but I really really wanted to go visit my friend in the hospital. He's my personal trainer, and I don't know his wife too well.... so I knew if I didn't see his new baby now, I may not see him for a long time because he obviously will nto bring the baby to our workouts. haha!! So, i almost looked at this as "necessary!"

But, i was wiped out after that outing.. tomrrow, I'm staying home ALLLLL day and resting on my HONORARY couch! :-) I have no other plans the rest of the week.

Roberta, i AGREE...I only have this chance to heal right, and I'm plannign to heal right.

As for the swelly belly band..... thanks for the suggestion (sorry... forgot who suggested that... ugh... so many posts!!)... I do not have that... I do wear underwear that is pretty snug and goes up to my belly button and they feel SO good. I feel like they kind of "hold everything in".

Well, tomorrow... I'm parking my butt on my couch!!

Oh, and as for the bleeding issues.. sorry some of you are still bleeding...hmmm.... I wonder why some bleed more than others. I stopped bleeding all together at 3 days post-op.... nothing since then.... not even a tinge of pink.... weird. i wonder if a Vag. hyster bleeds more after than a TAH???? I have no idea.... welll, it'll stop soon, I'm sure!!!

Take care everyone!!

Kathy
Unread 02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
venting

Heylo all

Well where to start? I called my doctor's office yesterday because when the doctor took out my staples he said a week and I could take off my steri strips. I had questions before doing it today (week checkpoint).

I get my phone call this morning, told me I just needed to watch out for oozing and if the incision was hot. Well, I'm not as fit as some of us on here lol (I have a pooch) so I told her I wasn't a size two and couldn't easily see my incision. She said I could come in to get it done. She asked if I had any other questions on anything. I was foggy (she woke me up.. and I wonder about that brain fog I read about on here somewhere) I asked about being able to bathe.. she said yep. She added I could drive now too. I was like
"really??" personally I don't feel ready. I also asked her about my estrogen question from my other posts.. she said she would get the doctor to call me back...

.... he did. He's become particularly insensitive. He tells me he's told me 10 times in the hospital about the estrogen (that it's synthetic and by being synthetic it won't feed my endo) keep in mine I saw him once a day at the hospital and was only there 3 not including surgery day because it was so late by the time I got into my room. so 10 times?! Grrr!!! This is just the most recent feeling of stupidity he has had me experience. I talked to my husband later in the day and told him how the conversation went and he agreed with me. He said that he wasn't all doped up and never remembers him saying anything about my estrogen situation. Also, when I mentioned it to doc about the nurse saying I could drive now he asked how long post op I was... told him two weeks yesterday he said one more week.

Hubby offered to help me with removing my steri strips, but worked late, then we had company because our friend's washer is broken. He crashed and I let him lol. It won't hurt to leave it another day.

On a brighter note. I slept alot today because I had a rough night. I actually made my bed today so while surfing the net I could feel like I did something lol. I feel like I have also taken some steps back. For now it's when I first wake up I feel decent and as the day wears on omg <Sighs>.

Another thing.. a few friends have mentioned to me that I seem to have lost weight, went out and got a scale to see... LIES! lol it says I've gained 6 pounds. DH doesn't understand it, he says "you got all that crap out of you and didnt eat for 4 days.. how can you gain? lol" Anyone else not losing weight? lol Not to mention I quit smoking on surgery day, and also quit drinking soda altogether. ( drink propel mostly or regular water now).

I helped make dinner tonight.. that felt good. DH is being great and so are our "younger selves". Watched American Idol. Now because I slept so much today I can't sleep.

~Sass
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:11 AM

Morning all... wow.. so many posts since i went to bed last night! After my day out ( well 2hours worth) i took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, and went to bed by 9:30.. was exhausted. I tried to sleep later this morning, but my husband woke me up tohave breakfast... well meaning I know, but you would think after 32 years of marriage he would know i do not like breakfast, force myself to eat it, certainly dont like scrambled eggs and sausage! (just a little vent there) Anyway, i told him no, i wanted to sleep longer, only to have my sweet loving 75 golden retriever Logan descend on me with his wet sloppy kisses and tail wagging in my face. Not to mention the garbage trucks outside this morning which he barks and furiously and is convinced he is the one who makes them go away! So...okay , im up, the TV is blaring in the background, (im not a TV person, my husband has it on 24/7) eat breakfast, sitting on the couch checking emails, the phone rings...Now im all nice and comfy and dont want to answer it but i get up any way.. lol its a survey for a political campaign! Enough already! The phone rings again... this time i at least dont have to get up.. its my son, the baby is sick, what do they do?? Got that under control.. the phone rings again! By now i want to throw the phone out into the snow... this time itsmy husbands store( hes a pharmacist) someone is sick andhe needs to go in early.. im glad.. finally some peace and quiet! The point to all of this is... none of this would have bothered me presurgery, its pretty much how my life works, interruptios, etc. Today, however, Im ready to scream..... Leave me alone! ....i think just another indication that my hormones are still out of kilter.
Im planning on straightening up the house a bit this morning, then resting or watching movies this afternoon. I am tired from yesterday for sure, not hurting really, but tired. And since its only going to be a high of 9 here in Chicago today theres not much point in going out.
Have a great day all... one day closer to full recovery!
Paula
Have a great day all
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:24 AM
back to the castle

Good morning all.
I am back in the castle for bleeding. I passed several quite disgusting clots along with the fresh blood. They packed me as well...YUCK. But they admitted me due to the fact that I take an anti coagulant. Everyone take it easy and heal at a nice pace. Take it from those of us that are "packed". It isn't too much fun.
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:24 AM

Just a note about weight loss. I think most of what I lost was water weight that I added when I started taking birthcontrol pills a month before surgery, to try to control the bleeding. I think I lost a few pounds of fat, but not all 12.
SO, if you are not losing weight, don't feel so bad--it may just mean you didn't have much water weight to lose.

Deb
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry!
Deb
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:32 AM

Hey Paula,

I hear you about the annoying phone. I had to call our cable provider twice yesterday and after each time my phone rang for a pre-recorded satisfaction survey prompt - how annoying!!!! Our number is unlisted for a reason...I get right honkerblonky with people using our phone line for advertising or useless purposes such as that. That's not why I pay to have a phone line, jackasses!!! lol

Anyway, a quick update on my recovery progress...

After waking up to my cat howling like an idiot (maybe she thinks she's the alarm clock for my husband??), my body started stretching on it's own in bed - do any of you experience that? As soon as I straighten my legs the muscles in them and my belly just start joyously stretching and rippling, almost spasming to the point where I have to cut it short. It feels good to stretch of course, but the muscles REALLY start going off on their own. Weird.

Since getting up I haven't gone far from my bedroom, as my office is in the next room with the computer. My DH brought my morning coffee up for me (poor dear has been constantly on the go since I've been home - when he gets home from work he's got housework to do lol) and the coffee is likely the reason why my heart seems to be pounding just sitting here in my chair.

Other than that, I had a lovely bm this morning and am taking it easy today. The calls I made to our cable provider yesterday were to have our channel package upgraded (can't be home for a month with only basic cable to keep me occupied!!), so I'll head downstairs with my laptop in a little bit.

Have a good day, all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register