Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Welcome Georgia,

Glad you are up and about and feeling really good.

I agree I wish I had found this site pre-op as opposed to post-op but I am still greatful I found it at all :-)

I was so scared prior to surgery that I cannot even remember half of what happened in the hospital before my surgery and before they even gave me the calming drug. I dont remember even seeing the OR at all. In fact I am asking DH about it now. He says I did not even get the calming drug until they were wheeling me to the OR at which point I remember nothing at all until I was in my hospital room. He says he did actually see and speak to me in recovery but of course I dont remember.

Glad everyone is feeling good!

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:52 PM

Well, I am feeling wonderful. All the pain in my back and vaginal area pre-op is gone. I have a problem with taking it easy. I feel soooo much better. The only problem I had was the fact that I am overweight and my incision did not match up perfectly and I had two open areas that are growing new skin and closing nicely now. My incision itself was a shck because Dr. had planned on a mini incision but my uterus being enlarged and folded in half made the plan go out the window. I have been out of the house a few times and am doing light housework. I plan on taking my daughter 3 to dance class tonight. I have missed watching her dance. I am not lifting much more than a gallon of milk. I go for post op visit on the 27th and hope he agrees that I can start adding a little more to my days and maybe even do some work even if it is half a day. I hope everyone is having a good recovery. I was sooo scared before but it has been smooth sailing and it is always nice to have a good Dr that explains things. I will let everyone know what the pathology report shows if anything.
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Da Vinci post-op day 15

Went into work again today for about 2 hours. Not that much to do except process checks and go to the bank. The boss did call in however to let me know that she is going to dictate an update to a report tonight and needs it updated ASAP. So I will go in tomorrow after my mammogram and do that. I'm feeling great, although tend to sleep in later.

Now to clean the litter boxes and get the trash out. I'll roll the cans to the curb myself this week. They shouldn't be that heavy.

And Karen, on your upcoming trip to So Cal. If the doctor lets you go with your carry-on like you usually do, remember to ask for help, especially when putting it in the overhead. Having help going through security wouldn't hurt either. Or you may opt to check your bag for this trip just to simplify things.

As for shuttle buses, etc. I would just drag the carry-on, not try to lift it on the bus. it's less strain to drag it up the steps than lift it up, and chances are someone will help you, if only to speed things up. I wouldn't bother putting the luggage in the car trunk, just on the floor in the back seat—less lifting.

And don't forget to visit Daphne's while your here. After all it will be your birthday. The weather should be good. They're predicting mostly sunny and a temp of 70° starting Tuesday. But don't push yourself too hard, put do push yourself a little. Make sure you get plenty of sleep. The 3 hour time change can be a bear, but its worse flying east than west.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Karen, think about RED CAPS! You can avoid carrying luggage completely, and its well worth it it if spares you years of pain and adhesions. In fact, maybe you should even ask for those little go carts to get you through the airport. You are going to be very recently post-op, after all!
Pamper yourself...
Deb
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:18 PM

So I am sitting at the computer trying to get caught up on my school work today (my class is medical terminology). I am at the chapter that has the different prefix meanings when I see ecto- , that gets me thinking. Is it possible to have an ectopic pregnancy after a hysterectomy? So I look it up. It is actually possible (very very rare) (34 reported cases ever) if you of course have your ovaries and tubes. So I click on like the third website and it is actually hystersisters. There was a post by someone who had had this happen to them. I just thought this was kinda crazy.... I don't think it is anything we have to worry about but now I want to know if I have my full tubes or just a little to support my ovaries or how that even works.

I guess this is what happens when I have to much time on my hands! Probably useless information but I thought I would post it as I am sitting at the computer anyway.

Cindy
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:25 PM

I think you have to also have your cervix, right? Otherwise how would the sperm get to the egg? I know theyare determined little things but still....
Deb
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:29 PM

HI Cindy,

Hmmm.... this may be my total ignorance here in how the hyster is done, but if the vagina is closed off by the vaginal cuff, how would the sperm even get up to the eggs... wouldn't the sperm have to get outside of the vagina first (like up past the vaginal cuff??) Or, I wonder if this eptopic pregnancy thing could only happen if you kept your cervix, because maybe by having a cervix, that'd be the way for the sperm to get past the vagina.

Well, I'd FREAK if I was the 35th case reported on this.... this is one of the many things I'm excited about my hyster...NOT HAVING TO USE BIRTH CONTROL!!

that is a very interesting piece of info!

I am going to ask my doc about this at my 6-week.
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:40 PM

hmmmmm Cant seem to find sufficient information saying weather or not a cervix was in place or not. There is not a lot of information since this is an extremely rare occurance. Which that in itself would mean it is beyond doubtful we should ever have to worry about it. It was just one of those things that jumped into my head, but I will still ask my doc about it! lol

Cindy
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Day by Day

Hi, to all and best wishs. This is my frist post. Feb 5 was the end of 17 years of fighting the pain, and the new life with no pain (lol after I recover lol). I had an Abdominal hysterectomy with an Oophorectomy of my right ovarie. The Dr. found that Endometriosis had grown all over inside me along with some scar tishue on my blader and other areas. He burn and cut all that he could. In the recovery room the pain was so bad I wish I could have going back to sleep. My back was killing me. I was in recovery for 7 hours. Do to the Housekeeping not cleaning my room. My Boyfriend made 4 trips to my room to get them to clean it. 5 hours it took to clean the room. I got to the room after 8:00 pm. I know the best thing to do is to get on your feet asap, so I sat on the edeg of the bed 3:00 am. I walk 3 times a day, and night also. They had to up the pain meds. When home after 3 days there. The frist couple of days were very ruff. My Boyfriend has been an Angel. The pain gets better every day. I am have trouble with mood swings and being hot then cold. Been try to find information on this, but no luck yet.

Hugs to all,
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:02 PM

WELL, all was well till yesterday. Started having this weird lower back pain, and pain in my sides. Called the doc finally when it dawned on me that it could be a UTI. so went in today, and sure enough i have a UTI, ok then the doc wants to do an internal sono to make sure nothiung else going on. so my one ovary looks a bit weird to the tech. he sends me for a CT scan of my abdomen. so now i wait till tomorrow morning for the full report. but my doc wasnt too concerned when i was in the office.
so i now have 2 prescriptions for my UTI (one that makes your pee lovely bright orange)
will update when i know whats up!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register