Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good Evening Everyone!

Great to still see some new sisters joining us here!!

Bluejay - that stinks about being in recovery for 7 hours. Not a nice place to hang out. As far as the mood swings and hot flashes.... hmmmm.... all I can say is welcome to the club! But whenever you want to vent - you have come to the right place. We will always be here to help & support!

Waitingforsx - sounds like you are doing great!! And I like your screen-name. I am waiting for sex too. First i need to find a boyfriend. I could be waiting a long long time, boohoo......

Georgia - looks like you beat me back to work! Hope the week is going well for you.

I am feeling pretty good. I knew this would happen - stayed about 10-1/2 hours at the office today. There is just so much to do and we seem to be in meetings all day and they only time to get organized, work on documents, etc is after 5:00. Anyway, it was a good day and no issues or problems. I did start to get a bit crampy in the early afternoon. Luckily I was in my office dialed into a telecon, so I just "reclined" my desk chair, put my feet up on the desk and lounged during that conversation.

With regards to the travel - I called the doc's this morning and they said 15 lbs by next week, but that won't work. My fully loaded briefcase with laptop, dayplanner, etc probably weighs almost that much. Then there will be a small roll-aboard suitcase. I am sure that I can find someone (skycap, taxi driver, valet, etc) to carry it, but not sure it will be worth the effort. I might try and talk the boss into letting me dial in and give my briefing via "net meeting". The wonders of a virtual office. There is another trip the following week so I will be getting back to travel regardless.

I ususally go to the LA area about 10 or 12 times a year and love the climate there. I could use some 70 degree days!!! A big winter storm is rolling thru tonight and tomorrow and that will make for a bad commute. We are executing a 48 hour test starting at 6:00 am tomorrow morning and going thru 6:00 am on Sunday. I will probably be up at the office a lot this weekend. Sigh....

It sounds like most everyone is doing great today!!! LovesToRun, I am excited for you to get the weekend of total peace and quiet. I am so in awe of those of you taking care of kids while going thru this. That would be so hard. You will really enjoy your "me" time.

I like what you said about God looking out for us and meeting our needs. Hmmm..... but if God was really digging me, I'd think he'd just deliver a husband and a housekeeper, lol Oh wait - he did that years ago and I fired them both :-) Surprised he's giving me anything at all now - based on that bad behavior.

Getting pregnant with just ovaries and tubes. Hmmmmm.....that seems crazy.

OK - I need to dial in to Idol - who will get cut???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Just a real quick note.... Karen... you watch Idol? So do I. :-)

Ok, don't forget about the time differences, so don't mention who gets cut until at least 3 hours after you see it!! :-) hee hee!! I'm so bad at names at this stage in the game, so I can't remember anyone's names to tell you who I think will get cut. I just know how to describe how they look. I do think the girl who rides the horses from Oregon will get cut.... she wasn't too good, at least that is my opinion. I missed the guys this week...bummer!

Glad you had a good day at work!!! Hopefully it'll work for you to do the "net meeting". That seems less complicated than having to get all that help at the airport, not to mention you'll be on your own, possibly, lifting all your stuff in and out of your car... etc.

Let us know what happens!!!

More in a little bit....
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM

Hi
I just got an email from my doc. She doesn't know what to make of my night sweats since I have no other symptoms and says we should just watch it for now. I think when I go in for my 6 week post op, if they are still happening, I will ask her to check my hormone levels.
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:21 PM

I have also had a few episodes of night sweats, I also had them for a short time after I had weight loss surgery 18 mos. ago, I just assumed it was a side effect of anesthesia.
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Hi all... sounds like almost everyone had a good day! Welcome to all newbies.. you will love this place!
I just had some friends leave, they brought pizza and brownies! lol For those of you who dont know , I had a little melt down yesterday about not having enough eggs to make brownies, tears, the whole bit. Anyway, it was nice to visit and get my mind off recovery for a bit.
I did go to the mall today and walked for about 45 minutes, that combined with friends here tonight, Im beat. Going to crawl into my jammies and watch Lipstick Jungle, Im and idol fan when it gets down to the last 4-5, but not till then.
Loves to Run... Im so glad you are getting a weekend of peace and quiet. Not having children at home, thats how it is always for me, except for the very needy Golden Retriever. Yes it means you have to do for yourself, but no one else, and Im sure your husband and boys will enjoy the "man" time too.
To al of you back at work already ...wow! Im not near there yet. One of the women here tonight was from my office and she was very reassuring that all was well, they were managing, and it is fine. So that helped alot after this mornings insurance issues.
okay, im beat.. everyone have a good evening, i finally feel like im making some steady progress.
Take care.
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM

I had my sugery on the 7th and I feel so much better. I guess the weight of the heavy bleeding and constant pain has been lifted, so the recovery pain is just a small hinderance that will end soon. I have so relied on reading what everyone else is going through while recupperating. I'm just not one to post much. All is well so far and I will continue to check in on everyone.

Good thoughts of quick recovery to all!
Unread 02-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Paula,

I am so glad you got your brownies!!! After reading about them the other day I had hubby get me some mix. We still have not made them but maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

It is really nice to see so many positive posts as we progress with our recovery. I am feeling better every day and it seems that most of us are. For those who have set backs don't worry, you will be feeling better in no time and you will have all of our support until you are 100%!

My appetite seems to have come back in full force today! I had 2 or 3 snacks in addition to my normal 2 meals per day (I don't really do breakfast). I guess I can say hello again to the pounds I lost after surgery.

Hope everyone is doing greeaaaaaaaaaat!

Cindy
Unread 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Hey Everyone

Nice to see everyone is coming along. I finally got the courage to take my steri strips off tonight. OWIE lol I think they hurt worse than the staples (hair started growing back.. Grr) Those are sticky lil things lol. It feels weird now. My incision looks really good though, I'm happy.

~Sass
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:54 AM
MsCarla2u

Good morning ladies,

I read all the post last evening and welcome to our new members also. Seems like we have a few comedians in our group, I loved Karen's remarks about a husband and housekeeper.

And Paula I am glad you got your most deserving brownies. I had a few friends from work to stop by last evening to get be caught up on everything happening at work. It was fun to sit and talk for a while.

It is very cold and snowy in Ohio today, so I am really happy to be able to sit at home in my warm house today.

Deb, I too have been having hot flashes and my doctor also told me this will pass, but last night was really bad I don't sweat just get a real hot sensation over my body where I feel the need to take off covers and sheets. I did this countless times last night, so I didn't get a good nights sleep.

I am glad to say that my incision is doing very well I am down to one motrin per day so far and other than the flashes feel pretty good.

My DH still seems to think that I should not be doing anything what so ever this is a good thing and a bad thing for me because I know I won't over do it because I do listen to my body, but he wants me just to sit and read or watch TV all the time.

I heard him telling our daughter that he won't sit next to me on the couch because I might want to cuddle and I can't do that yet. (smile) That is sweet but I don't want him to think I will break if he shows some affection.

So everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy but alwaya listen to your body.

Carla (SAH) 02-07-08, kept cervix and left ovary
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Morning everyone!

I woke up really sore this morning so I broke down and took my hydrocodone. I think I pushed myself too much last night by cooking. I also dusted the bedroom furniture..nightstands and dressers. Not much but I guess enough to throw me back a step. It's comforting to have the meds to fall back on for such days, and I'm not a medication type person.

I ordered my Swelly Belly Band last night I'm looking forward to some relief. I still sleep with a pillow over my tummy to get that support and piece of mind that DH won't hit it. He's been really good considering I'm usually his body pillow lol. As for the cuddling department, he's really understanding. At least there is hope since I'm not in the same type of pain I was in pre-op.

I have a small list of things I would love to get done today... but if I finish everything on my list <faints> Maybe I can get the new paperwork to the doctor's office, and run by the bank today. Get to the grocery store to pick up Milk etc tomorrow. And go to work Sunday to fill out the new insurance paperwork. Our insurance plan is changing...one of my supervisors called me this morning to let me know I need to get in some time over the weekend to get it filled out so she can turn it in Monday.

You know something weird. I used to wake up all the time preo-op pushing covers off of me, pulling them back on.. getting up to cool off and go to the bathroom. Now I notice I do might push some of the comforter off of me (it's microfiber suede in florida lol) but I sleep alot more comfortably

~Sass

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register