Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Afternoon ladies....

Brownies...yummmm. If it weren't snowing like mad here, I'd probably go out and buy a mix.

Dizziness...can be a wide range of causes. For me, it's usually from anemia or dehydration. Try drinking more water, always a good thing anyway, and see if that helps. Or try juice...could be a drop in sugar. Standing up and feeling dizzy, though, is usually a sign of BP drop due to dehydration.

We have maybe 5-6" already and not even half way done. Oh joys. My DP is in and out of the house shoveling and then coming back in to have hot chocolate or a glass of wine, mostly wine. Thankfully the snow is really light and fluffy or she'd be using the snow blower. Our poodle mix has just about given up going all the way to the yard and is lifting his leg on the piles of snow on the deck. Gotta work on that. The other 2 dogs are loving the winter wonderland.

We went out for dinner last night to a local Italian place and I ate way too much. I wasn't stuffed, but my belly definitely felt stretched by having a full meal. I'm paying for it today with more sharp twinges than I've had in a while. Small meals and snacks for me.

Catch up with y'all later...gotta go eat something.

Roberta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Deb --

it's hard to put it in one sentence, but here's the NUTSHELL of what this course is:

There is a course that is global right now for any person, no matter what language they speak, culture they are from, beliefs, views, lifestyle, etc. etc. called, "Alpha". Well, my DH and I decided to check this course out about 4 years ago. The Alpha Course is a course that basically goes into the meaning and purpose of life. It is a 10-week course where you talk about different topics and it's a self-discovery course where you really figure out your meaning and purpose in life... and this course actually changed my husband's and my life. We became passionate about the course and got involved in leadership for the course.

Well, I have a background in teaching ESL. I have a master's degree in Teaching ESL, and I have a passion for other cultures and people from all different races/cultures. Well, this Alpha course is presented in English, as well as sometihng like 40 other langugaes. The Alpha course is currently in 160 different countries in the world. It is really amazing.

Well, I realized there was a gap in this coures. I realized there was a population of people who had a difficult time taking this course. And, this group of people are those whose English is NOT their first language, yet they WANT to speak English because maybe they live in an English speaking country now, or it is important to them for their job or whatever to speak English well. The reason this course is difficult for these people is because the "English" version of the course goes at the pace of a native English speaker, so it's hard for non-native English speakers to follow and understand. And, non-native English speakers who WANT to speak English do not want to take this course in their native language because then they are not practicing their English.

So, I took it upon myself to create an ESL version of this course, which is where the gap was. I took The Alpha Course and I simplified it and made it work for the ESL groups so they could take this course in English, but it goes at a very slow and simple pace. It took me about 9 months working every single week (20 - 30 hours sometimes) to create it, but I am a stay-at-home mom, and I had the time, and it was something I was passionate about and it allowed me to use my brain! :-)

Well, Alpha headquarters is in London. That is where the main Alpha course was developed orignally about 15 years ago. They found out what I was doing.... my intentions were ONLY to just use this course right here in my community because our community is VERY international.

But, Alpha headquarters in London found out what I was doing, and they were SOOOOOOOO excited about it.... and fastforward a year later, it is going to be published and distributed over 100 countries in the world, and I'll be officially working for Alpha in London (but living here), and I will be basically the "global leader" of this ESL course and I have full control of it since I created it. Currently, we are just finishing up the testing stage (we had it tested in 12 different countries), and I'll be starting the editing along with the help from the publishers, and it'll go in for final publishing hopefully by July or so of this year.

Alpha is a non-profit, so I'm NOT doing this for money. I'm doing this because it's my passion and if I can help change the lives of others around the world like my life was changed, then that is worth more than money to me.

Ok, so THAT is the nutshell.... I know.... this is SO far off-topic of a hysterectomy, and I'm sorry if I got us off topic. I also apologize if anyone is offended by me talking about this.

That is the nutshell.... it's pretty cool, and when I first started to write this course, I never intended it to be outside of my community. It was just something I took upon myself because it was a passion and I had the time. So, this really just kind of came to me... I didn't pursue the global part. So, I go to London for sure once a year sometimes twice a year. I'm goign in May, which will be fun.

Take care!
Kathy
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:20 PM

Love To Run, Thank you. Boyfriend has just left to go camping with his son. The house to myself until Sunday. Have a great weeken.

Hugs,
Bluejay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Hello ladies!
I feel great today and I am currently not on any meds! Walking around great 'cept when out...... dang ice. But I always have dh's arm extended for me...... he has really blown me away with his caring and help. I was scared before surgery, and posted that. But OMG total turn around ever since the morning of surgery. It melts my heart.
Had a big day out yesterday, my mom and my sis and I went gambling! I havn't been in prolly five yrs, but it was their treat.......... my 32nd b-day was last Saturday. And I was busy with a test, that I am sure I passed!! YAY
The gas pains are gone, only have mild [email protected] times. Cannot wait to get a fresh job, after being a stay @ home mom for awhile. Getting back to a normal life with my dh and kids....................... and a sex life!! lol *couple more weeks*
I am glad to hear that most of us are chugging along great, and for those who are not..I think about you often. TC Dawn~
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM

No frills/Roberta--thanks so much for the reminder about drinking water--I'm hoping that will take care of my dizziness-wooziness. Got a glass in my hand now...
LTR--Wow. That's quite a course, neat. Good luck--I agree with your DH and friend that the course session could wait, to make sure that you are up for the other two events. Deb
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
2+ weeks post-op

Hi all, this is my first day of checking out and joining this amazing site. 15 days ago I came home from the hospital after TAH+BSO. Removed steristrips from scar Feb. 14, but am seeing some redness today above and below one end of the scar. It's no itchier than other areas, so will just have to monitor it and take it easy. Swellybelly can't help, as it must "cover" the scar a bit when I'm upright, so plan on watching movies on the couch so I can let the scar "breathe" more. Am walking daily for 15-30 minutes, plus inside the house. We have stairs but I was able to negotiate them on my first day home, slowly but nevertheless. This site has helped remind me that I am "allowed" to take it easy. Happy recovery to all sisters.
taddywoo
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:22 PM

So, this is a really weird experience.... haha.... IF I hadn't had my hysterectomy, my period would be starting next week. I kept my ovaries, and my boobs are SOOOO sore right now... it's so interesting. I knew by keeping my ovaries that I would still experience PMS symptoms. But, the really cool part is that around this time in my cycle just before my period is about to start, my cramps would set in early.

So, it's so weird to have the PMS symptoms (sore boobs... hard to tell if I'm bloated since I'm still swollen from surgery), but not have the cramps that go with it!

I am SO happy to have NO have a period!!

For those of you on HRT, do you get any PMS type symptoms, or are you done with PMS for the rest of your life???

I was supposed to have my period literally the day after my surgery, so that week I should have had a period, but didn't.... but I was SO out of it that week and in so much pain that I didn't appreciate fully that I didn't have a period... plus I was still having post-op bleeding, so it seemed like I was having a light period. So, this is the first cycle after my surgery where I'm really appreciating NOT having a period!! I'll take the sore boobs and PMS over the heavy bleeding and cramping any day!
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:34 PM
MsCarla2u

Good afternoon everyone,

First I want to congratulate Karen on the publishing of her course, please make sure you let us know when this is done, I am on the diversity team at my place of employment and I think this will be a huge help.

Deb, please do continue to drink plenty of water I have found that I didn't drink as much until about a month before my surgery and since I have gotten used to drinking water I don't have a craving for any other types of sugar drinks that much. And I have high BP, but my doctor has lowered my dosage because of my change in diet. Hoping to be completely off soon.

I have had two wonderful days including today, and I have not had any pain enough to require pain meds, but it is a snowy very cold day here today, so I am in the house today with no intention of going out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and pain free as much as possible.

Also I enjoyed the thread about the healing process, I forget who started it but I know it was someone in our group. This was great information.

Carla
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Loves to Run.. wow, im impressed! Youre program sounds amazing and its so great to be seeing it evolve into something global, Congratulations on a great job. I am fluent in Spainish and sign language, and am also on the board of the local animal shelter. Ive put together 2 programs for the shelter, one to bring in more Hispanic speaking people into the shelter to adopt, and 2, a childrens program twice a month for hearing disabled children. There was already a childrens program in place at the shelter but we had a parent dropping off one child and not leaving the other. When i asked the little girl why her brother did say she told me he was hearing impaired and the mother was afraid he would be a hindrance. So I encouraged her to leave him with us, he loved it, we loved him, the animals love everyone, and one thing led to another and now we have a program with 5 interpreters at the shelter everyother weekend. Its great to see the kids interact with the animals, mostly dogs, but some cats too, and has resulted in some adoptions of those animals also, always our goal.
Anyway.. I for one, love hearing about all the amazing things women on this board do... and we all are amazing!
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Home again

Hello again everyone. I came home from the castle today! I am on bed rest until I do not have any more bleeding or spotting. My doctor was great and gave me her cell phone number for the weekend. She said it was unneccessary to go through calling service, er,etc. It is so nice to have such great medical care.

I haven't been on much, but I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register