Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Welcome to the other side MsCarlu!

It sounds like you are doing great and happy to hear you are home - the worst should be behind.

Don't worry about the BM. Trust me - it will come when your body is ready, and that should be in the next 24 to 36 hours based on what everyone else reports. I didn't take any anti-gas or stool softerers, and still had my system back up and running 3 days after surgery.

I got sick on the morphine and percocet as well, and got off of both as quickly as possible. Now I seem to be doing well on just heavy dosage of ibuprofin. I have some aches and pains, but my head is clear and my energy coming back each day. Feels nice!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 07:01 AM
post-op day 5 - morning report

Well, my mom just left and I am all alone. It is a little scarey, should be OK. Actually a little more restful, but I probably won't eat as well since she was very good at making sure I had the right things to eat at the right times.

Yesterday was "hectic". I had planned on one visiter in the late afternoon, but another showed up at around 1:00 and stayed all afternoon. As soon as Sherri left, Tom showed up, so I never got any naps or got to order books on the internet (which was my one goal for yesterday). But it was still nice to have all of the company. I have real compassion for those of you who are trying to deal with this and take care of kids at the same time. That must be rough. My kid is all grown up and has been checking on me. He is up in Minot, North Dakota for work and drove from Denver up there yesterday in the wind and snow. Brrrrrr

I am feeling great. I hate to say that and jinx things. Tired, but the swelly belly is subsiding and now just almost my normal chubby self, lol.

Oh - i know we are not supposed to list urls, but i have a myspace page that I would love for anyone to visit and join as a friend if you also have a page. Just go to:

myspace.com/karenschuster

I am not posting any surgery blogs there on myspace. Sort of like to keep that part of my personal life personal, except sharing here with my sisters.

Plan today? Taxes, rest, internet shopping, rest, watch tv, rest, maybe do a load of wash. Wow - what a busy day, lol.

Hope everyone wakes up feeling good today!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 08:50 AM
MsCarla2u

Thanks,

For the input, this is day 4 and still no BM but I am not in real intense pain I am mostly sore. I will keep you posted on my progress and continue reading the post op remarks.

Carla,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Update 6 days post op-
feeling pretty good, cheated and rode in car yesterday (post op instructions, said a week) glad to get out of the house and be around other people. Not alot of pain or bleeding, just some achy back from resting.
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
da Vinci success!

Had my surgery the afternoon of Wednesday, February 6—they took everything out because of my diagnosis of Grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma following a D&C last October. DR said he didn't think I'd need any follow up treatment—radiation or chemo. That high-def camera really gives them a good look at things. Came home Friday, Feb. 8. Have needed no pain meds since surgery. Gas pains worse than incision pain, but they pass quickly. Saturday got tired after sitting up for about 2 hours reading the paper. Sunday it took 4 hours. Today it's been 6 hours and I'm still not feeling tired.

Being 66 and post-menopausal has it's advantages—no hormone swings. But being single requires me to be self-sufficient. Instant oatmeal, Gatorade, and microwave soups don't take a lot of time to prepare, Disposable seniors underwear means I don't have to worry about making it to the bathroom quick enough or if I pass more than gas. I'll be glad when I'm off antibiotics and get back to normal bowel function.

Expect to start driving again in a 2 or 3 days, then back to my part-time job on Monday, probably just for an hour or 2 at the most. Ditto on Wednesday and Friday. I'll take Tues and Thurs off.

Have a trip to Peru planned for March 20-31—a 67th birthday present from me to me. Am looking forward to it. Couldn't have done it with a TAH. 6 weeks from today I'm scheduled to be in Cusco looking forward to visiting Machu Picchu.
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
YEAH!!! BM ... Urine ? Next?

Was begining to worry had TAH on Tuesday last week and today was first BM. I have been drinking water like it's going to dry up. I have been drinking pear juice, I ate bran and raisin breakfast, I ate fibre bars, took stool softners, plus bran breads and salads. Was a little painful but not so bad after all... DH says it took so long because I was cleaned out so good before the surgery.
Now I need to work on having more control when I pee, anyone feel like they are done peeing, then go to move and urine leaves without being asked?.
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM

HI all.. Had my stables removed today, a few of them were "twisted" as the nurse put it, but all in all it was a pretty easy procedure. My biggest problem 1 week postop is constipation. Ive used the stool softener and the miralax, been drinking tons of water which i do anyway, walking as much as i can, eating high fiber foods, limiting the pain meds and im still terribly contsipated. My Dr. says she still finds the best rememdy to be prune juice so my DH is bringing some home tonight. Im going to give it one more day, but then i may have to try suppositories or an enema, this is as uncomfortable as the incision.
All in all feeling pretty good except for that.
And I wanted to add... I had great nursing care ! I know some of you had to suffer thru some pretty lousy care, but my nurses, the entire staff actually of the hospital were great, truly helpful and caring.
Take care to all.
Paula
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Hello Fia!
What a great recovery report! I plan to go back to work full time (office job, but stressful) on the 20th if things continue to go well. I'll let my body tell me for sure, but so far it is going well.

I am single too and all alone starting today. I had my mom here until this morning, but she left to go back to North Carolina, so now it is just me and the cats. I stocked up on lots of food and things to entertain myself. I am extra careful going up and down the stairs and on walks. Otherwise it is business as usual. I have been living here alone for 3 years now and am used to being strong and independant!!! I do have a lot of friends stopping by, but now that the major drama and weekend is over, that has slowed down a lot!

Anyway - just wanted to say hi and congrats on your quick recovery!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Paula -

I have been eating about 10 prunes each morning for breakfast, and i swear in the past 2 days I have had a couple of most satisfying BMs of my life. LOL - i can't believe I just wrote that - and it hurts my belly to crack myself up like that :-)

Anyway - hope the prune juice does the trick for you too!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM

one week post op. I am off perco. Just Ibuprofen during the day and vico. to go to sleep. I am ready to be off the high strength drugs, my discomfort level can be high @ times, so I just lay down for a lil bit to stretch things out. Still having gas cramps, but I can manage through them. I just want what we all pretty much want, a speedy recovery!!! I also got my staples removed this morning, 25 of them! Didn't hurt @ all, they all were pretty much loose, and ready to come off! So it is nice to not have to worry about them getting hung up on my clothing. hagd, hope all feel well

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register