Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Karen:

We are just the cool group!! I planned it that way.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I like all of you, too!! I feel like we are all friends just sitting in each other's family rooms hanging out and chatting every day!

-Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 10:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Ok, I just have to ask.... someone's gotta ask, right? I KNOW this will be TMI.... but we all are hopefully going to experience this. But, have any of you had the big "O" yet? For me, I finally did. (I know TMI).... but I finally am at a point where the pain in my abdomen is not over-riding other desires! haha. I now know what other women mean when they say it's not worse, but it's just different.

Anyway, I'm glad things are still "functioning" in that area. That was kind of a big fear of mine going into this... but now I think everthing is going to be OK! :-)

I totally cannot believe I'm even talking about this on a public forum! haha!!! Oh well....
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllTakeTheRain
Welcome Ahdawnn -

Glad to hear you are doing well! I am not sure if i had any packing either. I seem to remember something really foggy about it being removed right when they took me to my room after recovery, but that might have just been a dream. Apparently it is just a gauze packing that they put in the vagina after surgery for containing the post-op bleeding.

I had some bleeding in the hospital and less when I got home. Since then it has been a gradual change from pink to yellow/brown and diminishing in quantity with each day that goes by. I think that the amount of discharge and bleeding are different with each person and definitely seems more prevalent with the TVH and LAVH patients since their stitches are more external than the TAH folks.

Anyway - nice to see you here and glad to know things are going well!!

I am here everyday, lol. I just don't post a lot. lol, I have been a member since 06, but just kept off putting my surgery becuz I was so scared. and I wanted to wait till I moved for better care. which I think I have gotten? I am close to my family, and that has made a huge difference. thank you for informing me,I have no memeory of the packing thing............. I had such scant bleeding afterwards. have a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Weekend! As always I am happy to hear that everyone seems to be progressing.

Welcome to our newest members... You are in great company!

Well I was a bad girl last night....
We had people over and we played Rock Band (see previous posts where I explained I am 41 going on 12). I was soooo happy to be doing something besides watching TV or reading that I waaaaay overdid it. I think I probably would have been ok had I stopped with singing but I love playing the drums and that is what got me. I ended up so drained and aching and it felt like I had pulling in my internal stitches. I can handle the discomfort but I get worried I will mess up my recovery or cause adhessions. Anyway, I went to bed at about 10pm and stayed there until about 10am this morning. I plan to keep my activity level down a bit more today.

I think at this level of recovery it is easy to overdo it. We start feeling better and we have been so bored that we just want to push the limits.

Well I have more school work to do so I better get on it. If I complete 2 more chapters and take 4 more tests I will be officially caught up!

Have a great Saturday all!!!!

Cindy
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Ah Dawn,,, welcome to the coolest group on the site! Actually, we are very close, I live in St.Charles, had my surgery feb 4th also! Were you at Delnor Hospital? If you were, we were probably on the same floor on even across the hall from each other. Small world isnt it!?

Loves to Run.. as for the big "O"...yep.. me too! I was a little worried about that too, and I agree..its different. I was a little hesitant to "try" it, but, it worked so lol.. do we really talk about all this on a public forum any one can view! lol oh well i guess if you talk about BM's why not talk about the big O.

I walked about 3/4 mile today, not much but i was wearing down so decided not to push it.
So now im home for the rest of the day and am going to have some lunch and a nap i think before my daughter and son in law come over. I may even have a glass of wine tonight. Ive tried that a few times since the surgery and its almost and immediate hot flash so ive not had much, but maybe tonight.
Take care all
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:26 AM

OMG yes!!!!! I was there, you were prolly the one walkig around that I saw and thought........... she musta had the same surgery!! SMALL WORLD I was in 325 w/ a very sweet family, then moved to private #347, I believe.
Were you the one with maybe your teenage son with ya? this is so cool!!
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:33 AM

AhDawn, I was in 349 with a not soo sweet roomate and family. That means we must have been across the hall or right next to each other! Wow!And my son was walking with me some, he is 30 though. I had a blue robe, short brown hair.. glasses. I thought the nurses, actually the whole staff was amazing! Hope you had the same experience.
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:44 AM

wasn't Marianne the nurse on eves the best!! she sat with me and explained she had the same surgey a year ago. she took me off the horrible morphine!! and I was up walking, she also took out my IV. So ya prolly didn't see me much, I have curly long dark hair, quite cute lol. what time did ya check in? so ya had Alana as your pct also?
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM

Yes, Elana was my PCT, she was amazing! My grandaughters name is Elena so she got to see pictures of course! lol. Fonda in the morning was great, as was Jean.. how are you progressing? Ive been going to the Charlestowne Mall to walk most days but really only going about 3/4mile so far... not back at work for a few more weeks.
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:54 AM

I am proressing awesome!! I am out and about also. my hubby and I go to Panera downtown b4 every dr. appt. We should meet up and have lunch!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register