Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

I am alone for the next two weeks - my husband left Saturday for germany (his boss works out of the Franfurt office) so he is off seeing his boss. SO I am alone in Florida - just my dog and I. and all of you guys! Yeah for you guys!

Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM

Hi Jax
Sending good vibes your way... I am alone with the kids today and tomorrow, and then again in two weeks, and then alone with my son while my dh takes my daughter on college tours. I don't know what would be harder...kids or dogs...in terms of beign alone--at least kids can lift heavy things and won't pull on me when I walk them!
Deb
Unread 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM

Ok, I know I have posted too many times today, but I had to share this. I was feeling really hot and sweaty, and started to get worried that I was havaing a daytime hotflash and my ovaries were shutting down. Then I learned that my daughter (who I swear is going through some kind of reverse menopause, and is cold all the time) had put the thermostat at 75!
Much relief! ...
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Thanks Deb - and you are right - the pulling has been a problem. Never knew how much I used my "core' before this surgery.

LTR: I agree about the diagram - it makes sense to me why I am sore in the area between my rectum and vaginai and even lower rectum when having a BM...those feelings/pain was really scaring me but I think I can relax a bit more now. I did a stupid thing Saturday - I made Jane Brody's Bran Muffins (the ones where the batter stays good in the refrig for 3 weeks so you just cook up hot ones when you feel like it) well i used my core too much when stirring but boy these muffins sure make things move through you - easily! They are a stool softener. So the last two days have been godd - between the muffins and my bran/applesauce/prune juice dish ...much easier......

Jax
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Reply to Thread

Evening Girls,

CindyJo - what I call support panties are Granny Panties with support panels or some kind of support to make your tummy slimmer. Don't care what they look like at this point, they do make my tummy feel much more secure. Don't feel like anything is jiggeling around or anything like that. I bought mine at Kohls and they are Barely There panties - one pair I got is more of a french cut.

LTR - have you considered putting your tummy pillow under your seatbelt for a little more support? I've been driving myself to and from the doctors offices way too often over the past week and I know how tough it can be, but it does get better! And of course it's tougher when your family is home - you have a couple of young children and you are used to things being done your way, when you want them done, and how you would do them. Therefore you are putting some undo pressure/stress on yourself wanting everything to run just as it did before H-day - but it can't and you just need to try to be patient until you are able to take care of everything your self. In the meantime, don't look!!!! I will all happen, in it's own way and maybe not perfectly - but they are trying.

Bluejay - excellent analagy!!!! (sorry I'm sure I can't spell, after all I can't remember anything since H-day)

Paula - vent away!!! I am so tired of having to wait for help to do something like get things out of the bottom cabinet.... I too do not like being dependant on anyone for anything!!! It always gets old to be in pain, and not able to get sleep. But it will get better - and in the mean time come here and vent away!!! That's what we are all here for!!!!

Deb - 75, wow I'd have died, but killed the child before I quit breathing....

Well I had to go see the onocologist for my bleeding disorder today, finally he was happy! Then I stopped by the hospital to drop off a Thank You card for the wonderful nurses I had. One of them was there so I spoke with her, she was so happy to see me doing so well (which was amazing since I had a water leak in the basement in my year old house and had to shut off all the water till the builder could come by tonight). But this nurse was so great with me when I was there as well as chatting with me when I stopped by. I told her about this website and how wonderful it is! I need to print off the first page and drop it off again so she can tell others about it! But the good news of the day was I started my Climira patch today - I hope it doesn't take too long to get into my system!!! I'm so tired of waking up sweating and it's freezing in my house (must keep it cool for the 4 golden retrievers - can't stand a panting dog)! But I don't think it will be tonight, I feel one starting as I'm typing.....

I hope everyone has a good nights sleep tonight And then tomorrow will be better - positive thinking!

Happy Healing!
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
da Vinci post-op day 19

Saw my surgeon for my post-op today. Lab results confirm cancer was only Stage 1 as well as Grade 1. Still no baths for another 3 weeks. But I can go back to the gym and start working out. Now I can concentrate on getting ready for my trip to Peru on March 20!
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:13 PM

Hello ladies, after going to the ER last night, I was just tired today. My body is just trying to get over this abscess, I suppose.
Odd thing today I no discharge whatsoever. But my belly was really tender and felt really like a set back.
I did run out to get prescrip for antibiotics. Quick trip, and not far to drive.
But I am telling ya this hosp. blows my mind! They couldn't or didn't want to find a bed with stirrups? They literally wrapped up a bed pan with a blanket, and tucked it under my hips for the pelvic exam which made me bleed. When they tell ya not to insert, there is a reason for that lol, ouch.
So I really am excited about going to the doc's tomorrow, just another hurdle to overcome.
So, I will have another upate tomorrow afternoon. But with this crazy winter storm, I doubt the kids will have school.

Good news was I put some ear plugs and slept most of the day. Will hafta reschedule my lunch plans. Have a good night ladies.
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM

Cheryl (K9Krazy) -- I definitely use my tummy pillow when I drive and when I'm a passenger. I can't even imagine the seatbelt rubbing against my tummy right now... my whole tummy is so sensitive to touch.... so, even with the pillow I felt all the little bumps in the road when I drove. <sigh> And, you could not be more right.... things will get done, even if it's not the way I'd do them. :-) And, that has been the case pretty much my whole recovery.... I've just had to keep my mouth shut because I figure if DH is even DOING what he is doing, I cannot at all pick at how he's not doing it "right". haah!!! But, what does happen is there are some things that don't get done.... like my DH always forgets to brush the kid's teeth.... I don't know why he doesn't think of it becauase he is really picky about brushing is teeth twice a day. But, where our couch is, I can hear what is going on up in the bathroom where the kids are getting ready for bed... and if I don't hear the water run at all, I'll yell up to them, "don't forget to brush teeth." and, then my DH will say, "oh yah.... forgot." haha! So, stuff like that I have a hard time letting go because the kids need to have their teeth clean. :-) But, other things, I TOTALLY let go.... so you're totally right... MOST of the time, I do just close my eyes and ears and figure it WILL get done, and it usually does at some point. My children are still alive and healthy. :-)

I think it's so cool you have Golden Retrievers!! I'm ALSO very K9 Crazy!! I LOVE dogs. We used to have a miniature daschund. He was the sweetest little dog and such a part of our family!! but, he got suddenly very ill about 1 1/2 years ago. He was only 7. We did EVERYTHING to make him healthy again and spent $$$$, but the disease won. We had to put him down. It was the saddest moment ever.... I felt like I lost a child because he WAS like a child to me. I raelly want to get another dog, but have been having a hard time getting to that point because after going through the heartbreak of loosing our little dog, I just can't bare to go through that again (knowing dogs do not live as long as humans, obviously). But, we'll get another one in a year or two, I'm sure. If our dog WAS here now, he'd probably be a hazard to my recovery (haha) becauase he was only 10 lbs, and LOVED to snuggle. He had to always be touching someone, and I think he'd probably lay on me and hurt my tummy! haha.

Anyway, I'm glad you like dogs.... they are healthy to have around... :-)

Fia:

I'm so glad your cancer was only at an early stage! You must have been so relieved!! I'm SO jealous you can go back to the gym... well, I guess even if I could, I don't know what I'd do. My body still hurts. Have fun preparing for your trip to Peru! that sounds wonderful!! :-)

Dawn:

Sounds like the ER was no fun... I can't believe they propped you up on a bed pan to do a pelvic exam? Geez!! Well, DEFINITELY tell us about your doctor's appt. tomorrow. I really hope this is nothing serious and can be cured by antibiotics!!

hey Karen -- how was your day today? Was your body back to normal again today? Hopefully your restful day yesterday helped you for today.

Take care everyone....

Kathy
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:02 PM

It's been a while since I've been online. I had a little setback and my Dr put me on bed rest for a week or two. It's been really hard, but I do get up and down to pee. Every time I'm in so much pain. That it isn't hard getting back in bed and resting. When I went to the Dr my blood pressure was pretty high for me 143/89 and I had a little temp just 99. That's been up and down, and sometimes I wake up in a sweat. I'm not sure if that's a fever that breaks or hot flashes. It's been so cold here it's hard to tell. I've been taking it easy, but a sneeze or laughing to hard set me back. So now I'm taking it easier. I didn't even know that was possible. LOL I'm having a little orange discharge, and have read on here how that's normal just stitches healing. It was nice to read that cause that was freaking me out a bit. I wish everyone the best on their recovery, and hope you all are doing good!!
Unread 02-26-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey everyone

One of these days I'll start jotting down all the little things in people's posts I want to comment on lol

Whoever made the comment about 3rd big O... omg lol. I'm worried about trying that solo or otherwise at this point. As much as I want to... I'd rather play it safe.

Jax, where is Florida do you live? I live in Florida too, same surgery date also.

I got my swelly belly band today and have been using it. I like it. It gives some extra support and provides a cooling feeling. I'm glad I got it.

~Sass

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register