Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Is any one else already bored this morning!

The days just keep starting earlier and earlier. It is 530am and I have already been up for 3 hours and done all the little chores I can. I need to get a good book to read, does anyone have any suggestions on something that maybe inspirational to read at this point? Also it's funny in the beginning when I starting getting out of bed at 3 and 4 am my two dogs would get up and follow me around, now they to are over it and just stay in bed (unless they hear me in the kitchen making something to eat) then of course they will get up to be included on a treat. I hope everyone is feeling good this morning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:49 AM
Is any one else already bored this morning!

Hey Billyjack,

I am also up at the time. It is 2:52 am here and I have been up for half an hour. I am also sooo bored. I think that is one reason that we get our setbacks. Try to do some things when not quite ready. Of course how would we know we are ready if we did'nt try stuff. Of course that does not cover the no brainer stuff like vacumning, lol.
Have a good day.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

I also did the spine surgery last year 3/8/07 but I had the C4,C5,C6 removed and replaced, plate and screws. Do find this new recovery is worse in some ways??? the other recovery was much more painful but this one is much more emotional and harder to talk about or explain to family and friends. So I guess it's a little lonelier this time, except for this group it has been so helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 04:45 AM

Yes, this recovery is worse. The spine surgery was more painful and restricting. I was on bed rest with a back brace and then back brace and cane. I agree that the differences are hard to explain even to myself. I was so glad that I found this group before surgery. It has a lot of info and gives me one more thing to do. Hang in there I am.
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:34 AM

Good Morning!

A few responses and a test of my signature (finally found how to do that!):

Sass: I live in Sth Florida - broward county. And you?

Deb: We keep our AC on 78 in the day and 75/76 at night...and we sometimes wear a sweater as 78 can feel cold (well it is a lot hotter outside...so it does feel cold at 78)

LTR: mini dachs? That is what I had/have...mini wires...I lost my beloved Bix Biederbecke (Bix B. is what we called him) at 16.5 years of age - and now have Buckley OBPB..yes that is his registered name.. (Buckly Over Bite Pet Boy) who we call Buckley or Boo Cake. But he is 14 lbs so the mini is in doubt...We also used to have a Norfolk Terrier (Scooter) who we lost to cancer but found we can only handle one dog and if we are only having one it must be a mini wire dach. I only lasted a few months after Bixby passed and getting Buckley caused lots of problems with my DH who wanted to wait a few years before getting another dog. But I had to have a dog again to make my life complete - as dogs are so, so impt to me.

I'll let you all know if the gyno says anything interesting today - appt ina few hours so am off to shower.

Jax
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Well, I just got up, and unlike Sunday night/Monday morning when I could not sleep and was in pain the whole night (which is why I could not sleep), last night before I went to bed, I decided to take a Percocit. I was pretty achy before i went to bed, and in my mind, I was borderline in taking a Percocit or not, but I just really wanted to get a good night's sleep, especially knowing DH is leaving town early this morning and I'm on my own with the kids (except some help from my parents off and on).

Oh my goodness.... I was so glad I took that Percocit. I didn't go right to sleep, but I was just laying in bed, and the pain just slowly started going away. I remember about 40 or so minutes after I had taken the Percocit how I hardly felt any pain and how good I felt.... it made me realize how much pain I'm actually IN all day. But, I still don't want to take Percocit all day because I just want to be off of it. The Tylenol seems to take the edge off, so I'll just continue to take Tylenol and Ibuprofin during the day and depending on how my day goes (in terms of pain) and how I feel (again, in terms of pain) at night, I may take another percocit tonight before bed. I slept really well. Last I remember looking at my clock at 11:40 PM, and I woke up at 5 AM. I took the Percocit at 11 PM, and when I woke up at 5 AM, I was feeling achy again. But, I just took some Tylenol and Ibuprofin.

So, I'm happy I got a good night's sleep. I think hardly getting any sleep the night before last partly contributed to haveing such an "off" day yesterday. We'll see how today goes. So far, I'm pretty achy in my right side, which is where I've been raelly achy all along. And, my lower abdomen is achy, too. Hopefully it won't get worse.

Oh, and then to add to things....this is not a HUGE deal... but I have some sort of eye infection in my left eye. ugh! I wear contact lenses (and glasses when I'm not wearing my contacts). I do have eye drops to put in my eye because I had an eye infection about 1 1/2 years ago, or so, and I saved the eye drops.. hopefully these will work. So I just started the eye drops and I'll know by this afternoon if they drops are working, but now I'm confined to my glasses for a few days, which is fine. I wear disposable contacts anyway, so I'll throw away the pair I was wearing yesterday and not put in a new pair until this infection goes away.

But, this is so dumb to even say, but I kind of freaked out at first yesterday when I noticed the infection for the first time because I thought, "oh my gosh.... an infection... I wonder if something having to do with my hysterectomy is causing this...." haha. But, then I got realistic and thought how could a side effect of this surgery be an eye inefction? HAHA!! I KNOW infection IS a side-effect, but not in the eye. Anyway, so I had my little panic moment yesterday. There have been several women on this forum who HAVE been having infection issues/abscess issues, so it has been sort of keeping me on my guard for any little sign of infection or abcesss. Like I've been taking my temperature every day.... I know... sounds almost hypochondriac, but sometimes you can't even notice a low-grade fever. A few times it as 99, but mostly, it has been 98.2, which is my normal. I just can't wait to get past the stage of complications...which whoever knows when that stage is???

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!! I'm sure I'll write in more.... I've only been awake for a little bit, so nothing really to report yet other than sleeping well and pain free! :-)

Take care!
Kathy
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:49 AM

LTR: Me too!! I am so freaked out that I will develop an abcess or blood clot or hematoma or pull stiches inside that I have a thermometer in each end of the house - and at the slightest wierd feverish feeling out it comes and I take my temperature!

I too would like to know when I can stop this behaviour (which makes me feel crazy) and I cannot wait for the day that I do not second guess each movement I make and berate myself for possibly having injured myself by walking too fast or stooping too low or reaching too high or bending too much or turning too quickly or.....

Jax
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:52 AM

Jax - we posted at the same time. I just read your post.... Oh my goodness, you have a mini dach? :-) I wish I could see him.... I bet he's so cute. Our mini was a Red - he was a purebread. He was so so cute... he had this little white patch on his chest, too. His name was "Scooby". haha. We always laughed that we gave our little 10 lbs. mini the name of a GREAT DANE. haha!! But, our little "Scooby dog" always thought he was much bigger than he was. haha.

I'll have to figure out how to post a picture on here, and I'll show a picture of him. I have pictures of him all over our house.... and I think only dog lovers would really understand this, but we knew he was going to die, but the vet was just letting us decide WHEN to put him down. So, I bought a little "make your own stepping stone" kit, and I put his paw prints in the stone and etched his name and the year he was born, and decorated it. That is SO special to me because it has his 4 little paw prints in it. So, I have reminders of him in my house for sure. :-) I KNOW we'll get another one, because I fully understand when you say having a dog is so important and makes you feel complete. I feel the same. I just want to wait till my kids are a little older because dog are just as much, if not, more work than kids, I think, and I just want to wait a few years until my kids can do a lot more things for themselves so I'll have more time to take care and pamper a new little dog. :-)

Anyway, that is so great you have a little mini dach, too!! They are great dogs! (although, I think all dogs are great... I love any dog!!) We have a really small back yard and we live in the city, so that is why we chose a small indoor dog in the first place.... a big dog would not be happy where we live.... there'd be no place for the big dog to run around.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment today. let us know how it goes!!
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:54 AM

Hello All~
I had a very emotional day yesterday...cried most of the day.....not sure why. I think I am just frustrated that I can't do anything...I love to vacuum...can't do it!!! Crazy I know...or maybe I am just anal!
Woke up this morning with a cough...doesn't feel so great on my gut when I cough.....uff da. I am hoping it doesn't lead to anything big. I am still dealing with the yellowish drainage this morning from my incision...will be in touch with the dr today..ugh...on antibiotics and pain meds still. I feel like this has been a long haul..but still have a ways to go.

I love reading all of the posts....would love to comment on everything too, but not as organized as some of you!

Thanks for chatting...

Sarah
35 TAH 2-11-08 LSO 2-11-08 Lost 6 units of blood that day, had blood transfusion and was in ICU.
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:55 AM

Jax,

You made me feel so much better!! I'm SOOO glad I'm not the only one taking my temp every day and looking for any sign of complication. haha. I swear, I normally am NOT this kind of person... in fact, it takes severe pain, broken bones, or wounds to get me to even go to a doctor normally.... but after reading so many complications here on this forum, I just am now on my guard.

You made me feel better, Jax!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register