Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

(((((((((((((Jax))))))))))))))))
You poor thing. Your surgeon is an ***! I would personally file a complaint! You are in need of information and support and they let you down in all ways. I dont blame you for having a good cry session I would have done the same thing (after I yelled at them first).

You should explain all of this to your GYN and have them do all future follow up. IF they are not helpful then you should consider a move to another doctor. It is sooo sad how some docs seem to think they don't have to be kind gentle or helpful with humans. They took an oath to care for us and care is not always just a perscription, visit or surgery.

If I lived closer I would go beat him up for you!!!!

You have all your sisters here so you don't need that butthead to make you feel better!

Chin up sister.

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM

Hello all,
I have not posted but have been reading.
I have been praying for all of you that have been having set backs.
I went for my 3 week appt and feel great.
I had to go in for a mri/ cat scan last week and believe the dye pushed out what ever blockage I was having in my bladder.

For those of you that have returned to work God Bless you. I know you have to do what you have to do, but please be careful. You only have to recover for a few more weeks then you can get back to the nitty gritty. Remember you have to take of of you ( you are precious).

I go back to work on March 17. I must say I have not had this much time on my hands in years ( it is a shame I hve to be in recovery to slow down).

I must say I enjoy being able to watch Oprah and I love being home to hear the stories of my teenages.

Loves to run
you are so vibrant , I love how you make eveyone feel welcomed to the site.

I am unsure who was speaking of sex, but I have not had it prior to surgury and now I am having urges. My poor DH is so loving, caring and so ***** .

I am sorry if I do not mention everyones name, but I have been reading your post, laughing and praying for you.
We are all in this together.
One day we will will celebrate a year together.

I have been told that my 20 year old neice has been told she has overian cancer.
We are not defeated.....

She and her mother were told that it was found early and she has a great chance of being Cancer free .

For those of you who know t he words of prayer and experienced this ordeal please keep Constance in prayer.

**** saw the comment of the 3rd "O" and I want to try.. little nervous just want to know if I can still do it ************

and finally penrose is not may name ..It is the hospital that I had the procedure in on Feb 5th .

Thank you ladies and keep on sharing.

This site has made this difficulty time more delightful.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM

Thanks everyone.

I just got a call from my DH (it is 11 pm in Germany right now..) and I told him. Did not help much- I felt bad laying this on him while he is unable to do a thing..and has his own issues being in germany right now..but it helps to know that he at least knows what I am going through.

Thanks for all your good wishes and support ...maybe I've just hit that Sudden Surgical Menopause Hormone Wall...ouch!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:37 PM

Hi all!! I feel much better today in spirits. But my belly is a different thing. So, I went to the doc's today and I have to have another CT scan thurs. @ diff. hosp. per my request.
I still haven't had any discharge, which dr. said was good...... maybe it is all drained. So the CT scan will let us know, she will have results Fri. And if the abscess is sill there, she will have to drain it thru my va-jay-jay. She said she would go in that way and open my cuff to take care of it. So hopefully the scan will be clean.
I have a open house job fair @ a rehab, ******joy Hospital tonight, were my Mother works. She says if my scan is clean, I can work mid-March
will be back soon
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM

Jax,

I'll keep you lifted in prayer.

I know what helped when my mother's doctor stopped responding to our calls and requests; it was the threat of a malpractice law suit. I know no one wants to go down that road, but even if a suit isn't filed, a formal complaint can be filed with the state medical board. If the doctor still refuses to see you, ask for a referral. Also get your Endocrinoligist (sp?) and Gyn involved to assist, if necessary, tell them that he is not responding to your needs.

God Bless and take care;

Emily
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:42 PM

Hi I had a TVH and bladder splint I am still feeling very tired any sugestions
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Hi I had a TVH and bladder splint I am still feeling very tired any sugestions
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:56 PM

Rest, Rest, Rest, msrez. YOu are only 1 week post op right? It will take time, What did your DR. tell you? Take care of yourself and take the time to heal, the tiredness is certainly a part of this process. Im 3 weeks post op from a TAH and i took a 2 hour nap this afternoon after not getting out of bed till 8 and going to bed at 930 the night before.
You will get there.. it just takes time.
Unread 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
sleep thoughts etc.

Jax, so sorry to hear about your treament or lack thereof from your Drs. Good luck, and maybe you will need to threaten with a lawsuit if nothing else works. All your hyster sisters are cheering/praying for you.

Have any of you done yoga prior to the surgeries? I had done some but not since the fall, but I try to remember to do the deep breathing. Even at the hospital, most of the nurses asked us to take five deep breaths each hour (inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth), it's to help get the "stale" air out of your lungs and more oxygen in to promote the healing. This might even help with the sleeplessness, although I have good nights and bad ones anyway.
Another thing I've tried is melatonin, it seems to help a bit for sleeplessness.
I also agree with those of you who have suggested not going to bed in pain - just like going to bed angry, it's just not good for you
So even if we don't like taking the prescription stuff, if the pain is really bad, that's probably what we need to do. I've just been taking 2 ex-strength Tylenol if it's been a painful evening and that has taken care of it enough to allow me to sleep. There's that whole theory about Pain Paths: take the pain meds so that you don't allow the pain to create a (nerve) path for itself, becuse then each time it gets easier for that pain to "settle" in and not get relieved by pain meds. It's just a theory, mind you.
anyway, hope everyone has a better day tomorrow and please do pamper the princess as much as you can.
hugs, taddywoo
Unread 02-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Jax - OMG. You've got to report the surgeon and I'd find another gyn. Any doctor that wants to keep passing the buck shouldn't be treating people!!!! I just can't believe that your gyn would step up to the plate instead of getting miffed because you came to him and actually asked him to perform a test. Let me guess, you live in a big city? Since moving to a small town I have found the care of any doctor I have seen has been above and beyond - my ob/gyn in St Louis should have retired many years ago because he got so cocky that he could accomplish anything and quit listening to what I had to say about my body and what I was feeling. But I had just started looking for someone else right before my husband took the job up here and was bound and determined to find someone who cares. Check out the suggest a doctor under resources and maybe you can find one there that may do better by you.

Dawn, so glad to hear you are starting to feel better at least emotionally. Smart to request a different hospital - can't say I'd ever want to go back to the other on if I didn't have to.

msrez - you have to give it more time. You are expecting your body to heal too quick from a MAJOR surgery. If your body tells you you are tired, TAKE A NAP!!! Then take another if your body still needs it!!! It will get better, but don't rush it, pamper yourself.

For the gals wanting to sleep on your side - I have 2 extra pillows under the covers. One is between my legs/knees and the other is pushed close to my stomach so I have the support my tummy needs. Use bunches of pillows!

As for sleeping help, I saw on this website that one of the things that was recommended was warm Ovaltine. I was concerned that it had caffiene, but amazingly it hasn't kept me up yet! So I drink a mug of hot Ovaltine and take 2 tylenol pm and except for needing to pee or hot flashes. But I know they had some other things listed to help with sleeping that might be worth a try. And don't ask my why someone said specifically to use Ovaltine, but it was worth a try and it tasted fine and worked...... Who am I to question something that works?????

Hey Nicole - haven't heard from you, how are you doing???

Happy Healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register