Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM
venting

I am a bit achey and sore today as well. I am sure it is all digestive, and i need to just take it easy. I am always in such a big hurry to get things done, and this recovery is no exception.

So, i am really hurt by my people at work. I started on this new program just 5 months ago, but have been with the company for a couple of years. I did not talk about my surgery in detail too much before I left, but did tell everyone that i was going to be out for surgery and would be off work for a couple of weeks recovering. I am a middle-Manager and didn't want anyone to think of me as weak or someone who could not perform in that job. Anyway, so far, the only person i have heard from is the Program Manager, who is the one who hired me and also someone i have more of a personal relationship with. I have not heard one word from my immediate supervisor or anyone else on the program. It is really lame and makes me never want to go back there. I am not expecting flowers or cards, but a simple phone call or email (how the heck long does that take??) would mean so much. Most of them are men and maybe they are uncomfortable with the whole thing, but they do have wives and girlfriends so you think they would have some compassion. Sigh. I don't want to go back to work angry, but that is how i feel right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Oh boy do i know how you feel on this one Karen! Ive been working in the same optmetric practice for 17 years.. have been managing the place for 14. Every time someone is sick or someone cant come to work or someone has to take a child to a DR. it falls on me to fill in, beyond doing all the management jobs that need to be accomplished. I do not mind in the least, my children are grown and gone and i understand completely. But... neither of the 2 Drs, has called to see how I am, not a single flower or card or email. The staff has, and it is their work life that is impacted with my being out, but still, after 17 years in a small practice, working whenever it was needed, often over 40hour weeks, nothing from the DRs. Top that with having a staff member go on maternity leave mid jan... one who has worked for us less than a year.... and they gave her a very generous maternity leave, with pay, and when she had the baby the Dr. was the one who wanted to be sure we sent flowers or something to her! So im feeling pretty angry too, makes me want to move on to another job also. I do only have a few more years to work, and i think this is a sublte way of letting me know that they are ready for me to move on also. Hurts though, to be so taken for granted.
Paula
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:06 AM

I am sorry you have been treated this way as well Paula. I just can't understand how some people can be so thoughtless. I do make it a point to be a strong and inspiring leader and am the only female manager on my program. I guess they just don't think that I would need or want any attention. Men can really be stupid. But that does not excuse my administrative assistant - especially since she had a mastectomy last year and certainly know what trauma this can be.

Sigh.... Like i said - i really don't want to go back there. Even if they sent something now, it would be too late. The surgery was a week ago and they knew I was going to be out for 2 weeks prior.

I guess i am just having a bad day, and it is cold and gloomy outside and all i see on TV is stuff about valentines which i won't be celebrating since I am single. Sigh......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Hi all-
cindyjo - your descritpions of the pain sound like what i am feeling as well- and i am sorry to say i think thats "normal-ish"....when it does pass it is a HUGE relief...but i have a few tears and screams when some of the worst ones hit. Its hard to walk around durning those times but i've realize if i get up and do a slow shuffle until it passes they don't get quite as bad as if i sit or lay. Don't get me wrong they are still the worst pain of this process for me, but the walking seems to move the gas in little bits instead of a big forced mass.

Hope all are having lots of love and good rest - you single ladies who are taking such excellent care of yourselves- good on ya sisters!

I have experienced a rather big increase in flow in the last few days. I had almost no pad for the first 4 days but now i have a real flow. Anyone have an idea if that is normal? I would have had a period about now so i wondered if it was residual - or should i worry i busted something? Its not bright red but its pretty constant.

thanks
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:17 AM

Im sure in their minds everyone at both of our offices is doing what they think is needed or is best. I have never been one to let my personal life intrude on my professional life, so while this is a small staff, I do keep my distance to some extent. It really is more the fact that this new employee does not have to take any of her vacation time to get this paid leave, while i am using all of my vacation (4weeks) and all my sick days (5) to get thru this. I really thought something would have bee offered. But oh well. Im sort of having a blue day too,, im near Chicago and its cold and dreary, im hurting from yesterdays finally getting my bowels to move, and just feeling down.
Take it easy today Karen, relax and remind yourself you are going to feel great in a few weeks and this will all be behind us.
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM

You have a good day too.

It is bizarre about the different benefits for different medical outages. It almost smells illegal to me, but I have no idea what the laws are for small companies. I work for Boeing and everything is by the book. I"ll be on short-term disability (80% pay) after I use up my sick leave, which will run out next week. I can be off as long as the doc says so. I may be off longer than i originally planned. Teach them a lesson, lol. Nah - i'm sure i'll feel better tomorrow. I'd like to say it is the hormones, but i'm not sure I have any of those right now :-)

It seems like there are a lot of us experiecing some pain after this first week out from surgery. I am sure it is just things re-adjusting and getting moving again.

I need a nap.....
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:48 AM

Ladies,hang in there...there is a light at the end of the tunnel.I know it seems like you will never feel better but each day brings you a little closer. Rest and let others take care of you.Please don't let work stress you out,your health is so much more important.I hope you ladies have a nice day...it is cold here in Ky. and we are in the middle of an ice storm...I had no lights or heat for part of the night and many others around me still are without. My prayers are wilt you all.
Faith
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:02 AM

I didn't have the problems that most are describing in regards to the BM issue. And the only honest advice that I can give is eat normally, I didn't ease myself back to food, I just started eating normally. Not that is gonna work for all, but I thought i would try and put my experience out here, I am 8 days post-op, and started having reg bm's 2 days post-op. Hope this helps someone.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM

Hi everyone,

well, it's the morning of my 8th day post-op. I've been having trouble sleeping. That is my issue right now. I think is is related to teh fact that I'm napping a lot during the day. In my normal life, I rarely nap because I'm always running around out and about. So, I think my body does not know when night and day is. haha. Oh well..... I'm not stressing about it too much because I'm pretty much taking all of February off from all of my daily committments I'm involved in. So, I have the attitude that if I want to sleep at 3 in the afternoon and be awake from 2 - 3 AM, then oh well. But, once March rolls around, I'm starting to put "my hats" on for different committments I'm involved in (I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I'm speaking of volunteer work for various things in our community).

I'm going to the doctor today to figure out why I'm having shortness of breath when I walk.... I really think it's pain related. But, we'll see. I'll let you guys know.

I, too, have the same pain during a bowel movement.... it hurts when it's making it's way down the lower intestinal track... I am in a lot of pain during this. I'm drinking pear juice eating high fiber food, taking stool softeners.... hmmmm.... oh well.... at least I'm not fully constipated. At least I'm going. :-)

Karen, i'm really sorry about your work situation. that is so frustrating! some people can be really self-absorbed, or "work absorbed". There is nothing WORSE than not feeling valued or cared for. I have a couple friends who haven't even emailed or called me yet to ask me how I'm doing, and I've been a bit taken back by that. But, other than that, I have had a lot of support around me.

But, Karen... you know... even though I am not in your situation (since I don't have a "paid job"), etc., one thing I've found is none of my friends or family really understand what I've been through. And, honestly, I'm SO thankful for this site! I feel like the support and kind words, and people checking in on me on this site makes up for all the people in my real life here who haven't checked in on me.

I think about you every day, to be completley honest. I think about you because you and I are in the same stage and I wonder how you are doing and if you are having similar experiences as me, etc. And, I know there are people on this site who think about me every day, too.

it feels really good. So, think about all the great support and "friends" you have here on this site and maybe that'll make up for the people at work not caring. :-) I know... it's not really the same because you don't see us and physically interact with us daily, but think of how much worse things would be if you didn't have this site to write into and share your feelings and have people write back saying they can relate or that they care about you and think about you. :-)

I feel pretty darn lucky to have "met" the people I've met on this site!

Too bad we didn't all live in the same city.

Hang in there and tomorrow will be a brighter day! :-)

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Take care!
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:48 AM

I feel somewhat guilty about posting this since it's supposed to be 73° at the beach today—hotter in downtown L. A. according to the TV. But my Weatherbug site says it will be 77° in Manhattan Beach! Tomorrow it will cool down to 64°.

I think I'll try to get my 88-year-old aunt's state income tax put together today—did the federal before my surgery. But don't expect to make the 80-mile drive to see her till March 1.

Tomorrow I think I'll hit Coco's for lunch to get out of the house. Will get the soup and salad combo plus a piece of pie. Wednesday's they generally have potato cheese soup and I'm rather tired of all the varieties of microwave chicken soup I have to choose from. it will be an early Valentine's treat from me to me.

Glad I don't have to worry about vacation and sick leave—I'm a 1099 employee, so don't get paid if I don't work, but I still get my social security and IRA withdrawal. Most of what I make just goes into a Roth IRA.

But my boss called me Sunday to let me know she had gotten my message that I was home and let me know that her mother had passed away from an aortic aneurism on Tuesday shortly after she left the office that morning. She had been with her in the ER the night before and learned the about the aneurism and the fact that it was in a location where surgery was not an option. Since she's a PT with a number of group homes for developmentally disabled under contract, she's seldom in the office when I am. Tuesday she was there to sign off on the monthly billing so it got out before my surgery as well as some reports that needed to be faxed/mailed. (If any one is interested, the company web site is www.northstartcs.com.) Since she is leaving Friday for Rochester where her mother will be buried, there's not apt to be much work that needs to get done in the office except post checks and pay the Am Ex bill.

Still having some gas pains and loose stools, but have not needed any pain meds since surgery.It's nice to be home with the cats.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register