Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi Alison - Texas1,

I didn't do anything, they just stopped. I do still have one ovary though so as to try and avoid menopause. But my doctor did say that it might take as long as 2-3 months for the one ovary to pick up the extra work load so that the hot flashes/nightsweats would stop. So I guess I got lucky at just shy of 3ks of them, though they did start right away, just a couple hours out of recovery and I was hot flashing.

The vitamin (omega fish/flax seed oil capsules) are for the constipation. They really did help regulate me. Always check with a Dr. before taking any new supplements but I think most Dr's now suggest this one because it's also good for your cariovascular system, hair, skin and other stuff. You can get them at any grocery, cvs, walgreens or health food store. My husband and I both love them.

It sounds like you might of had both ovaries removed so I don't know how to help with the hot flashes/nightsweats with that but maybe someone else here can post with help.

Best of luck to you to,

Michelle
TAH w/left ovary removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Thank you Michelle. I did have both ovaries removed, so am working to manage the hot flashes. I will ask my doctor about the omega capsules, I have heard alot about them but have not taken them. My body needs a serious energy boost (not to mention better managing constipation). I am taking a regular multi-vitamin, extra calcium, vit D and C.

Thanks again,
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:52 AM

HI everyone,

I'm almost afraid of saying this, but I'm feeling really good! I am afraid of saying this because the last couple times I've written saying I'm feeling really good a day or two later, I felt like I took a step backward and felt terrible! But, I do know I'm getting further into my recovery, so there has to be a point where the steps backwards come less frequently, or just stop.

But, I really am feeling good! Yesterday was a true test for me.... my DH is out of town (he comes back tonight), and my mom was supposed to come over to help me, but something came up for her, and she last minute wasn't able to come. And, so yesterday, I was completely on my own with the kids. I drove them to school, then I rested while they were at school, and then picked them up from school, hung out with them... did homework, all that stuff.... cooked dinner, put them to bed, and then today our cleaner is coming to clean the house, and I had to pick up around the house as well. I loaded the dishwasher, too. I had no choice... it was me doing this stuff, or it wasn't going to get done. I remember thinking last night that today I'm probably going to be FLAT on my back.. i was just sure of it because I FELT like I was over-doing it. I bent over a ton of times to pick things up, and just did things that didn't really hurt, but I felt like I shouldn't be doing them.... but I really had NO choice... there was nobody to help me.

But, you know... today I woke up and I'm not sore at all from yesterday. I am not jumping around and running up and down the stairs by any means, but I actually feel good.

This is very encouraging to me being I did SO much yesterday and today I don't feel awful. SOOOOOO, I don't know what this means.... I'm still taking ONE day at a time.

I have this important meeting I have to go to today, so I hope I continue to feel well because I need have to my head on straight for this meeting.

Tomorrow, I'm resting ALLL day because on Saturday, I have this special training for the ESL course I've developed that I'm doing from 9:30 - 3:00.... so Saturday will be a whole different experience, and THAT will be the true test to see how I really am doing. I'm expecting to come home on Saturday, flop into bed and take a Percocit if I need it! haha.

Well, I HOPE I'm not jinxing myself.... ugh!! I'm still not convinced that there are only good days ahead.... I am not trying to be pessimistic (because I'm a natural optimist), but I'm only 3 weeks post-op (almost 4) and knowing there is still more than 2 weeks of official recovery, I'm just figuring on more bad days ahead.... BUT if not, then I'll consider myself really lucky!!

Cindy.... I'm going to PM you about the jeans.... :-)

Take care!
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM

I am so glad LTR that you are feeling so well. I hate to say that I am jealous, but I am! I hope that you continue to feel well and heal.
Unread 02-28-2008, 02:07 PM

Tomorrow will be 3 complete weeks since my op, and today I just noticed that while my belly is still numb, it felt cool to the touch for the first time! This is a good sign, yes??
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies -

I made it through my big briefing today, but got thoroughly blindsided by our customer's Program Manager and beat-up pretty badly in the process. At the end of the presentation he DID finally come around and agree to the new schedule updates that I was proposing, so it was successful, albeit painful.

Anyway - it has been a really long week and I am ready to go out for a birthday drink with my best friend!!! Can't wait!!!

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi. No big problems, aches, pains, etc. Can't wait to get back to the gym. I am getting fat (er), lol

Hope everyone had a great day!!
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:59 PM

I'm so devistated - I really did think that potato chips and hoho's were a couple of the major food groups! But what's amazing about that is that you are a size 2/4/doubtful 6 and can eat this way!!!!

Alison - one thing you can do is take Vitamin E (when I was on Lupron I took 2 every am and pm). However that was before I knew about having a bleeding disorder - so now I avoid E because it can cause excessive bleeding.

Kathy that is great you are feeling so well today! Sounds like you could have overdone it yesterday, but survived! Every day is a new one!!!!! And DH comes home tonight, YIPPEE for you!

Jen, I have had many areas that are still numb from my lapraoscopy 10 years ago. So now I have more numbness - strange feeling. But I had so much bleeding after surgery that I was bruised from belly button across to both hip bones all the way down and onto my legs and into my hips. This bruising is finally disappating and hopefully things will start to come back to life soon.

I went to a nice dinner with my hubby and someone in town for work last night - dinner was great. My dockers were a size smaller than I normally wear, so after a couple of hours sitting, they got pretty snug. It was so nice to go out for a nice dinner!!!! And it was really good, complete with Black Forest cake for desert..... But then I forgot to take a couple Tyleno PM last night and didn't sleep very well - bet I don't forget tonight!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well! I'm going to watch it snow for a bit before I start dinner.

Happy Healing!
Unread 02-28-2008, 05:11 PM

I am still numb from my C-section that I had 5 years, then 3 years, then 21 months ago. I wouldn't worry about it. You have nerves that need to reconnect at least that is what my OB/GYN says. At this point, I beg for numbness over the pain I am still having. I think I overdid today!
Unread 02-28-2008, 05:15 PM

Hey everyone....

Just checking in again. Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

And, I'm SURE potato chips and ** **'s ARE a major food group.... haven't you seen the new food pyramid.... aren't ** **'s and Chips right next to fruits and veggies? HAHA!!

Well, I just am not ready to say things are great, even though today it was great.... I just feel like I'm bound to hit a step-back one of these days. But, today I have continued to feel really well.

I had my big meeting today that I HAD to be at. It was only a 45 minute meeting, but with travel time, it was about 1 1/2 hours total, and I felt really good the whole time. The only thing, which was a little embarrassing, but everyone was really understanding, is I swear, I think my brain has decided it was on vacation since I've hardly used it since Feb. 4. So, today, when I had to actually sit down and talk business.... for the first 5 or 7 minutes of me talking, I kind of stammered, and I felt like I was losing my train of thought. I had to apologize like 3 times... oh my goodness... it was terrible. Everyone was saying, "You just had surgery 3 weeks ago, we understand." I felt like a goof! But, after about 7 minutes, I just really focused my brain, and suddenly, everything just clicked, and flowed and I got back into the groove. Phew! so, the meeting went very well, and I have this big training on Saturday to get through (I HOPE it goes well), and then I'm done with big things for a while.... I can rest a lot next week.

But, even after that meeting, I'm feeling good. My right side is starting to get the burning sensation, and I do feel a bit more achy.... but compared to earlier in the week, i still feel better.

Yes, DH is coming home tonight, and a girlfriend of mine insisted on bringins the kids and I dinner so I get dinner provided tonight. Gosh, I feel so spoiled!

Karen.... glad to hear things are still going great for you! :-)

Cheryl -- dinner out sounds SO nice! I haven't been out to eat yet since surgery. Gosh, just the black forest cake sounds good! haha!! I hope you can sleep well tonight!!

Jen -- is your entire belly numb, or just where your incision is? For me, where my incision is, that is totally numb. But, you know... my belly gets this tingly feeling a lot....the same feeling when your face is coming back to life after dental work. Do you know that tingly feeling? Anyway, I think it's normal to have numbness, though.

Sarita -- How are YOU doing? How is your baby? I hope you are recovering OK and things are going ok. Do you have help at home with the baby and other kids? I hope so..

Well, for everyone else... hope you are doing well!!!

Oh, and one other thing I was goign to say is one thing that IS hurting on me is my back!!! I'm trying to stretch it as much as I can, but I am sure because I can't use my abs, my back muscles are over-compensating. Plus, any kind of pain just causes your muscles to become tense.... but my back is just so sore... I WISH I could get a massage, but I can't lay on my tummy yet, so i can't get a massage. I just feel like my back is ONE big charley horse!! Do the rest of you have this problem?

Take care all!!

Kathy
Unread 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Hi Kathy
If your DH is willing to give you amassage, just turn a chair around and lean against the back of it...

I had a really tiring day today... I had to get up early to go to a meeting at my daughters school, then drive my son to school, then go back to his school in the afternoon for a meeting about transitioning to middle school and pick up both kids on the way home, then drive my daughter to a rehearsal an hour later. And now I'm feeling like this awful mom, because she just called to be picked up, and I am too wiped, plus I have food cooking, so I told her she would have to wait 45 minutes for her dad to come get her. (She originally thought rehearsal would last about 1 hour, which would hve let me get her before anything went in the over...) And I've been snapping at my son...I just overdid it. And I feel wimpy that a day like this without any exercise or work or anything productive at home can wipe me out...
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register