Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Deb...

Yah, I do think I'm goign to ask DH to massage my back. I thought of that today. Only problem is I think my DH's motive for massaging my back is usually sex is the end result. HAHA!! and, he ain't getting none this time.... HAHA!! No, I'm sure he'll be sweet and massage my back with no rewards for him. HAHA!!!!!

You are SOOOO not a bad mom... I got exhausted just reading what you did today. Your kids should understand that you just had surgery 3 weeks ago, so please do not feel like a bad mom... really!! Heck... I had a sort of big day today too (not as big as yours, but big compared to what i'm used to), and I'm sitting super comfy on the couch and my 5 year old just came to me and asked if I could get him a drink (he CAN get it himself, but often, half of what he pours goes on the counter and not in the cup). And, I told him, "you'll need to wait a while... mommy isn't getting up right now." haha. I just deprived my kid of a drink because I didn't want to get up! But, I've been up and about all day today, AND all day yesterday. He was cool about it and walked off.... I figured if it were SO urgent that he needed a drink he has a little cup up in their bathroom that he could have gotten some water.

Anyway, don't feel bad... :-) You need to take care of yourself, and if you were exhausted, that is your body telling you to SLOW down and rest. :-)

Take care!! Feel better soon!!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Hi! Regarding the numbness, the area above my incision is numb (from roughly 1.5" below my bellybutton to the incision itself). Right below it, there is feeling. I'm not worried about this being abnormal, though.

Now if it wouldn't hurt when my bladder emptied...
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Jen

I have the same situation - numb above the incision up to my belly button - not at all numb below...

And I still have bladder issues....and I get scared each time I know i am going to have a BM (becasue I think something is gonna hurt or prolapse etc..)

Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Have any of you started receiving your insurance/hospital bills yet? I JUST started getting mine.... they are just dribbling in basically. I had a CT Scan before my surgery that was related to my surgery.... it was $2800!!! Holy Moly! The whole scan took like 10 minutes or less. Dang.... I wish I could make that kind of money per 10 mintues!!! HAHA.... I know.... they have to pay for the equipment, etc. etc. etc. That is just nuts, though. Luckily, our insurance is excellent, so I didn't have to pay a cent for that scan.

My anesthesiologist for my surgery was $2200.

Haven't gotten my other bills yet... I wonder what my surgeon will charge?

All I can say is THANKGOODNESS for insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This cost of this surgery is probably the equivalent to a down payment on a HOUSE.
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:25 PM

I'm really happy I don't get to see the bills for my surgery.
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM

I just got the bill for my outpatient myomectomy in July--nearly $8000 just from the hospital (although insurance negotiated it down to abou 6000 and our share was under 500.) The hospital tells me it could take as long as TWO YEARS before they get paid for the hysterectomy from insurance and can bill me! Based on the outpatient procedure, I can only assume that bill will be well over $20,000, maybe even higher? Plus the doc, plus the anesthesiologist...
On the other hand, I know they used lots of specialized equipment, plus they had a really good nursing ratio, so I never was left waiting for meds or any of the horror stories you can hear.
Deb
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm dreading seeing the bill for this. I thought it was highway robbery when the hospital billed for $913 just for 5-6 blood tests before surgery......

Sounds like everyone is doing really well tonight! And I think chips and hoho's are right next to the most important thing on the food chart - ice cream!!!!
Unread 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Surgeon's bill

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago (Feb. 14th)...my husband saw the surgeon's bill today on our insurance website...

Ready for this?!

Remember. This is just the SURGEON. This does not include the hospital bill, the anesthesiologist, supplies, etc.

$19,825!!!

Egads.

He IS an excellent surgeon though, known as the "laparoscopic gynecological guru of the midwest". Guess you pay for that. All I can say is, thank God for insurance.

Blessings,
Melanie ("Mimi")

TLH; removal of ovarian mass; removal of severe endo
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:35 PM

Evening all,

Decided to read up on everything I've been missing.. feeling under the weather yesterday and today. Getting pain in my right side, and have a cold/sore throat/earache and small fever. Going back to bed, maybe the chaos has ended when the kids finally fell asleep lol
I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Gnight all
~Sass
Unread 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves to Run
Have any of you started receiving your insurance/hospital bills yet? I JUST started getting mine.... they are just dribbling in basically. I had a CT Scan before my surgery that was related to my surgery.... it was $2800!!! Holy Moly! The whole scan took like 10 minutes or less. Dang.... I wish I could make that kind of money per 10 mintues!!! HAHA.... I know.... they have to pay for the equipment, etc. etc. etc. That is just nuts, though. Luckily, our insurance is excellent, so I didn't have to pay a cent for that scan.

My anesthesiologist for my surgery was $2200.

Haven't gotten my other bills yet... I wonder what my surgeon will charge?

All I can say is THANKGOODNESS for insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This cost of this surgery is probably the equivalent to a down payment on a HOUSE.
Ahhhh, I got a THICK envelope in the mail today from insurance, my insurance covers 80% only....after the insurance deducted the "agreed upon amts" with the hospital and surgeon, etc, I'll end up paying about $2000 for this surgery. Guess it could be worse, but that hurts, I feel bad for people that have it worse.
If only I could get paid that much for an 1 and 1/2 hour job!
Room and Board - $1900
Surgery - $8500
Labwork and Tests - $500
Anesthesia - $1400
NO MORE PAIN - PRICELESS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register