Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 72 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Evening all.. im achy and sore today too..maybe chicago weather..it was 51 here yesterday and 36 today! lol. Actually, I think its just my age showing, going to take this older bird a little longer to regain the energy I had pre surgery. Since my DRS appt was cancelled this morning, i went to the mall and walked, stopped at the store and bught the ingredients for chili, but Imnot hungry and actually have been nauseaus all day. I did take a nap for an hour and a half till my golden woke me up for his evening feeding... at 3:30.. thats Logan!.
IT is nice to see the recovery process going well for most everyone,,, if you look back over old post its so obvious how far weve come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Karen,

Tony & Joe's was one of my fave places to go for my birthday! They have some big huge lobsters there! I love seafood so any place that has a good seafood selection is my kind of place. Gosh, I havent been there in years. I did not make it there while living in VA for the 2 years we were back :-( but now I wish I had. Living in AZ we do not get seafood here. 3 or 4 times in the summer I usually have a bushel of crabs flown in overnight. Most of our friends here had never had blue crab until they had it at one of our crab feasts.

I swear of all the places we have lived the Washington DC area hands down has the best food. Orange County California is second but still not as good as what you can get in the DC area. When we move again it will probably be to Austin Texas. I am hoping they have good foos there! My husbands job moves us around quite a bit. Since we have been married we have lived in the Bay area of northern California, Southern California (OC), Arizona (twice) and Virginia. We have only been married for almost 10 years. But since he has been the bread winner for the last 5 years I will go along with the moves. I really don't hate it but I would like to stay put for a while. The good thing is that except for No Cal we have moved to an area we have a lot of friends and/or family so it was not to tramatic.

Ok after all this food talk I am hungry! I am off to eat some left over grilled chicken and some fruit salad.

Cindy
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM

It is great to read the posts and see, even though everyoe progresses at their own pace, we're all moving in the same direction - forward! Everybody has a step back now and then.

OMG! Hard shell crabs! Don't EVEN get me started. Learning how to pick through a bushel of crabs was a right of passage when I was a kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Hey everyone,

Well, the last time I was in DC it was like 20 years ago. I have a lot of family in New England area, but haven't been to the DC area in so long. Sounds like I'm missing out on some good food!!! I love food, by the way! MMMM!! I LOVE to dine out. It's one of my DH's and I favorite things to do. I'd much rather spend my money on a really nice meal and a nice bottle of wine than something new for my house. I can't wait till i feel good enough to go out to dinner. I could go out right now, but I just have not had an appetite for alcoholic beverages yet, and to me, a glass of wine, or a cocktail goes with dinner out at a restaurant. Plus, when we go out to dinner we book our sitters for several hours because we love to NOT be rushed and just take our time.... right now, I'm not sure I'd want to sit all evening at a restaurant. So, maybe by the end of March I'll be more up to that??

I have gotten much more achy as the day has gone on. that burning feeling is back.

Hey, I was looking in the mirror today and i didn't really notice this but I think my lower backis swollen, too... just a little... not hugely. Like it looks like the entire circumfrance (sp?) of my abdomen, including the back part is swollen. Do any of you notice this??? I have a natural sway back, but when I look in the mirror sideways, I don't see the arch in my back, and that is when I make myself stand up straight. So, that makes me wonder if my back is swollen, too. I JUST noticed this. I'm 3 lbs. down from pre-surgery, so I don't know how that could be fat.

ugh.. I can't wait to get rid of this swollen belly. The thing that is frustrating to me is when I'm out and I see people, I will mention my belly is so swollen, and everyone who has seen me tells me I look totally normal. grrr. Not that I want people to look at me and say, "boy your belly is swollen", but I know my belly is swollen because I can see it, and I can't hardly button my jeans. But, it's like nobody believes me. I'm pretty small, and I think the problem is that most of my friends are bigger than me, and I think they just do not see my swollen tummy because I still look small to them.

Anyway, I guess it's hard when I feel so yukky most of the time and people think I'm totally normal. Although, I'm still walking slow and a little hunched over, so from that respect, people know something is not right. But, I just don't want people to assume I'm better than I am because I don't want people to think I'm faking it, and I don't want people to expect too much of me either .... gosh, I worry WAY too much about stupid things. HAHA!!!!!

Well, oh well.

Tomorrow, I go back to teaching my ESL Alpha class. I'm excited. I feel ready and good about it. It's only from 9:30 - 12:00, so compared to what I did on Satuday, this will be easy.

Glad to hear everyone is getting better, even though many of us still have aches and pains!!!

-Kathy
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsme57
OMG! Hard shell crabs! Don't EVEN get me started. Learning how to pick through a bushel of crabs was a right of passage when I was a kid.

I have to admit I do laugh at my friends here as they try to pick their crabs. I have given everyone lessons but I guess if it is something you are not used to it is a lot harder. I do notice that even I after years and years of picking crabs I end up with more cuts on my fingers now. I guess that is what happens when you go from doing it every Sunday to doing it 3 or 4 times a year.

Geeesh I swear all I can think about is food now! I didnt ever get to eat my chicken so I am going to go eat it now!

Cindy
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:29 PM

Good evening night owls,

It is 1:30 am here and I am just pacing around the house, I fell asleep somehow at around 8:00 pm and have been up since 11:45, and just can't go back to sleep. I woke up in a soaking and I mean soaking nightsweat, besides a little pain and cramping I feel ok, but yesterday just turned into a nightmare around here.

We had a man go on a shooting spree in West Palm Beach at a Wendy's and he shot 5 people seriously wounded them and fatally shot a friend and fellow firefighter that was a friend of my husbands and I. His poor wife and 4 year old child where there. They also have 4 other children. My husband was on a 24 hour shift yesterday when it happened and I just wanted him to come home and of course he couldn't.

I know this is why I can't sleep tonight and I have been thinking alot about how small my problems are right now and I should have nothing to complain about in comparision to our friends family. I guess I just needed to vent alittle, this world can be so cruel sometimes. I hope most of you are sound asleep and doing well.

Talk tomorrow or I guess later today,

Michelle
TAH, Oophectomy left Ovary
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM

Michelle,

How terrible for you and everyone who knew the gentleman that was shot. His family will be in my prayers. I read about this and was just shocked as it seemed so sensless. I am sure that is why you are having difficulty sleeping as it is a very sad thing.

Drink yourself some nice hot tea (green tea in decaf is great and full of antioxidants) and do your best to relax and possibly fall asleep. I know it will be hard but it will keep your strength up and you will probably need it to help your friend out as this will be a terrible thing for her to get through and will need good friends like you to lean on.

Our thoughts are with you.

Cindy
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:58 AM

Hi Michelle,

Oh my goodness, this was on the news here in Seattle! I agree with Cindy... this is completely senseless. When I saw it on the news, I just remember thinking how bad I felt for the family, and then I read your post! oh my goodness...

Hang in there... life makes no sense sometimes. I also hope you can relax and get some sleep. My prayers are also with you and your friend and everyone invovled. These senseless crimes make no sense to me. It seems like whenever I turn the news on, there is always some sort of shooting or something...

Just this morning about 7 miles from where my house is, there was this extreme environmentalist group who came and set fire to a bunch of multi-million dollar homes just to make a statment about the environment because of the new construction going on around here (homes and developments). Luckily, the homes were not occupied, so nobody was hurt, but it was just senseless...

Anyway, hang in there, and even though we are they "hyster-sisters", we can support each other through things OTHER than hysterectomies. :-)

Take care, and keep us updated on the situation.

-Kathy
Unread 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM

Hi everyone

Reading all your posts on painkillers and whether it's because I had a vaginal hystorectomy.....maybe......but I havn't needed any painkillers since I came out of the 'castle'. I know...I'm lucky. I've been walking most days, sometimes 20 mins other times up to 1 hour. My 8 year old daughter's school is a good 20 mins from home so that's a good incentive. I almost feel back to normal but am aware that I still shouldn't be lifting or hoovering (my Dyson hoover wieghs a ton) I've been sleeping good...eating well and enjoying a glass of wine with every evening meal! Anymore than that and I get a bit tiddly...and toooo emotional. (my Dad passed away on 24th Jan, (cancer)his funeral was on 1st Feb and I was having my op on 6th Feb) It has been a horrible year but I feel I've turned a corner and beginning to feel like the old me again. I love reading all your posts and seeing how your're all doing....it's interesting as your're all American!!!! Hope you all have a good day... and feel healthier and healthier!!!! Love to all
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:11 AM

Hi
We are temporarily having gorgeous weather here, although we have flood warnings for tonight. I took advantage of driving the boys' carpool and walked for an hour and a quarter yesterday while they practiced. That felt fine. On the other hand, I am still not sleeping well-I was sure between the exercise and prescritpion motrin at bed time I would do well, but I woke at 6 and can't get back to sleep.
I also have this funny sore spot on the top of my foot today--I had it in the hospital, and the doc thought it was just too much pressure from the leg compression gadget. And it came back once before. I hope its just where my walking shoes pressed on it.
DH is out of the country for 4 days, so I may be a complete wreck by Friday--but so far so good. It certainly helped that my neighbors had us for dinner so I didn't have to cook.
Michele, I am so sorry--its so hard when you know someone who died like that. I hopeyour DH is home now and you are doing a bit better.

Nicole and Sarita please let us know how you are doing! Sarita I had forgotten that you would be walking up to nurse on top of your own medical reasons for waking... you must be exhausted. I hope things start to go better soon.
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register