Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi everyone - here's my report for the day: after two rounds of antibitoics for the bladder infection (and then one week off as we wait for the culture to come back from the lab...) I still have it!!! I think that is why it hurt so bad to try and urinate the other day. I am so depressed. The gyno put me on the first antibiotic AGAIN - which did not kill the infection then - and told me to get to a urologist post haste. So on monday I see a urologist...sigh....

I am very blue - and took it out long distance on my husband (still in germany and feeling useless..) Ido not knowif it is depression from sudden menopause or depression from something else but I am depressed. I do not want to start hormones - and hate the idea of an antidepressive but something will have to be done if things do not gt better in a while. I am just soo tired of it all.

Sorry to vent.

LTR - the arson story made it on our first section of the newspaper here in Sth Florida.

billyjack (is that from the movie??) you and your family and the firemans family are in my thoughts

To all who are doing well - keep it up - it is heartening to read about you all

To all who are still having issues - we will all just hang in there together - ok?

Thanks to you all for being here
Jax (anyone sign up for the chat room? )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 05:16 PM

Hi
So after one good day...I spent today on the couch. I was planning to nap and then walk--but I ended up sleeping for 2 hours and then our houseguest work me--but I am still groggy, never got the walk, adn now we have tornado warnings on top of flood warnings (or is it watchs? Anyway, not imminent but possible.) And a huge swelly belly today--yesterday I wore jeans for a couple of hours, today they were too uncomfortable to zip.
Oh well. I wish it was a better ratio of good to bad days but I am making progress...I am seriously wondering if I will be ready for work when the doc says--I just can't imagine putting in a full day yet and I think once I'm back my boss will think I am BACK. No part days...
Deb
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:34 PM

My Swelly Belly and The Undies Routine..

I start out in the morning and wear a 6/7; by mid day I have to change to a 7/8 and by bedtime I am in the Granny 8/9's! 3 pairs a day - and I have to change as the 8/9's are not comfortable when the 6/7's are etc...I am doing so much laundry - all my "delicates"...

And I want to give my incision time to air - but I just cannot bring myself to roam around bottomless - anyone else found a way to air out thier belly without giving the neighbours a show (8 feet between my house and my neighbours - land is tight in Sth Florida..)

Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Ah Jax,, im sorry you still have that bladder infection! Hopefully this time the antibiotic will work. Its not unusal to use the same antibiotic again, it may be the best drug of choice for the infection. As for the depression, hang in there, it will get better, it really will. I was in tears last night too,,, just so tired of not feeling well and not sleepting. Today is better and tomorrow will be for you too.

Deb, i went into my office this morning for a few hours. I had asked one of the Optometrist i work for if the other one had been able to figure something out and he said, "you can ask him this afternoon". Isaid," i wont be here this afternoon, wont be doing full days for at least 2 more weeks." He just said "REally? why? "' HUH!! lol why?? He just doesnt get it.
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM

Hi everyone,

One thing I have found lately is in the morning when I wake up, I feel really good. In fact, this morning, I actually felt about as close to normal since surgery... I had barely any pain, I was walking fine... but then as the day goes on, I get worse. Now it's 4:30 PM, and my whole abdomen has that burning sensation, it's hard to stand up straight, I'm walking slow, and my achiness in my abodmen is back.

Does this happen to you all.... you feel good in the mornings and then as the day goes on, you start to feel worse? By the evenings, it feels like I took a whole step back from the morning.

Jax: I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. we have all been through SO much, and you have been through a ton especially with the crazy surgeon you had who doesn't want anything to do with you now. Your husband is out of town.... you have a LOT going on right now. I wonder if the depression feelings could be circumstantial? I can't remember, but did you keep your ovaries or take them out. I kept mine, but I am guessing if you took them out, that can mess with your emotions a ton because your hormones are out of whack.

I have several friends who have anywhere from mild to severe depression, and all of them are on some sort of medication for it. All of them have told me that it took a while to convince themselves to go on depression meds because they wanted to try to control the depression themselves, or they felt like if they went on meds for depression, then it'd make it real that something was wrong... but really, they all are so glad they went on the meds because they are so much happier now and have a better quality of life, and their relationships no longer suffer. Also, they have realized that just because they are on depression meds doesn't mean they are messed up psychologically, but it just means that they had a hormonal imbalance, or some other chemical imbalance that needed some meds to balance everthing out, which helped with the depression.

Anyway, maybe for you it's just circumstantial... I mean, everyone gets depressed from time to time..... I'm a very optimistic upbeat person, and I've never had real depression issues, BUT that doesn't mean that I can't get depressed from time to time due to specific circumstances or situations where I'll just feel blue or down for a few days and then I'm better.

Anyway, I hope you start to feel better, and maybe talk to your doctor if this continues. :-)

Deb: It's probably good you had a restful day! Good for you for taking a 2 hour nap. I also took a long nap today, and woke up 'cause the phone rang... I was also SO groggy after I woke up. I also feel the same that I wish I had a better ratio of good days to bad days.... like I said at the top of this post, most of my days start out good, but they end up more on the bad side in that I feel yukky by the evening.

I just can't wait for this burning sensation to go away!! I hate that sensation!

Hang in there.... if you are not ready for work when you see your doc next, your doc will know and so will you.... if you are able (in terms of $$ and job security) have your doc write up an order that you need 2 more weeks off....

By the way, I can't even wear my jeans for 5 minutes, so you're way ahead of me in the jeans department. My whole belly is WAY too sensitive for jeans still.... <sigh>

Take care!
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Jax --- my belly swells throughout the day, too. I wear undies that expand with my belly. They are seemless microfiber and super comfy... they have been a God-send during this recovery.... TOTALLLLLY different undies that I normally wear.... i am a thong girl normally.... haha.... I know... some people can't understand why thongs could be even comfortable, but I love to wear thong underwear. But, I've been wearing these big undies that go up to my belly button since surgery.... they are really comfy on my tummy. One day I'll get back into my thongs!! :-)

Paula: I just put it together.... your screen name must be "specs" because you work for an optomotrist, right? :-) I need to go to my eye doctor (over-due for my appt), but I don't want to make an appt. right now because I just don't feel like going to his office and my appointments take a full hour, too. ugh. But, I only have one more pair of disposable contacts, and I need to get more... but I don't want to order more w/out getting my annual check-up to make sure my prescription hasn't changed... well, I'll make it into his office one of these days.

Say.... this is off topic, but, Paula, what do you think about Lasik eye surgery? My doctor has told me I'm a candidate for it, but I'm so nervous to do it because I ONLY have one set of eyes, and I keep thinking what if it doesn't work, or what if they make a mistake.... also, I have heard that one side effect to Lasik is your eyes can feel more dry after the surgery. Well, I naturally have very dry eyes, and my doctor did tell me it's highly likely with me, my eyes will feel even more dry after the procedure... anyway, so I'm fine sticking with my contacts and glasses for now.... After this hystrectomy, NO procedure sounds fun to me now! haha.
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:51 PM

Hello Everyone!

I have had lots of reading to do to catch up on the well-being of everyone. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to post anything about my recovery. Deb, thanks for asking! I am feeling 95% better than I did a week ago. I am now able to drive and run a few errands. I have taken many hikes on the nature trail, the fresh air has been so good for me. I have taken this time of my recovery to also start to heal from amy divorce. I do believe that although this hysterectomy has been difficult, it is aslo a new beginning.

I still have the ENORMOUS organized hematoma. It is hard to believe that I have had it for four weeks and it just seems to be a permanent part of my body. I have lost about 10 pounds and that hematoma sticks out a mile! I told a friend I may go buy maternity clothes. I am feeling much better!

I hope everyone continues to heal!
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Yes Kathy, my screen name is Specs because i work for an eye Dr. My license plates on my car are Spexlady.. everyone in town know where i go! lol.
As for lasik, we have comanaged over 500 procedures in our office with amazing success. I would do it if i could, Im not a candidate because of another eye condition. It is typical however, to find your eyes to be dryer after lasik surgery, so that might be a consideration for you. The best advice i can give you is to find a Dr who has done thousands of procedures. The more the dr has done the more experience he/she has. My son in law, his sister, by daughter in laws mother, and 2 of my very good friends have all had the surgery done with great success. Its a great solution to people who have trouble with glasses or contacts, or who just dont want to be dependant on any form of visual aid. Hope this helps! lol
Unread 03-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi Paula,

How interesting. I have heard the exact same advice as you. My eye doctor has already referred me to a doctor who does Lasik and apparently has done thousands... I have an astigmatism (SP??), and this is my primary issue. I am very slighly near sided, but not much. This is another reason I've been not sure if I should do the Lasik because my doctor told me the astigmatism Lasik surgery is newer than the near/far sided surgery. But, he just told me last year that he feels comfortable enough recommending the astigmatism Lasik surgery because it has been in the USA long enough now for studies to show it works. But, still.... from what I've heard, the astigmatism surgery IS newer, and I wonder if they really have long term research to see if there are any longer terms side-effects... but, what my doctor wants me to do is to just make a consultation with the doctor he recommends who does this surgery and just talk to him. I might do that... but I need to get my hyster out of my MIND first.... haha.... I have no issues wearing contacts at all. It's more just the nuisance of having to put on glasses every morning, or putting in my contacts.

I like your liscense plate, by the way!
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Ok, I have to ask if anyone else has noticed a change with their eyes since surgery (since we got off track on this topic). It seems that my contacts aren't quite right yet and even my glasses aren't right either - and I recently had my eyes checked and they haven't changed from the rx I have on both. So just wondering?

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well today - Yippee!!! So glad to hear this.

Nicole, glad to hear you are doing so well!

Jax - things will get better!!!! You are the only one that can decide what you need to do about your situation - and you will know that right approach when it is suggested! But hang in there...

Happy Healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register