Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

to Spinach Salad. Welcome to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Loves to Run: My body finally told me today that I needed to take a rest. My back really started hurting, the muscles or lack of should I say. So I went in the bedroom and laid down. 2 hours later I finally was able to wake up enough to get up. It was one of those sleeps where after awhile your mind wakes up but your body seems paralyzed. This is the second time during recovery that this has happened. Weird, huh !!!
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM

kjjjranch - I've had the sleep paralysis thing also, twice in the same day. I've had it before, but not this frequent. I haven't taken any presription meds for almost three weeks, so it's not that. I read that stress can bring it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM

Welcome Spinach! You will love having this site available!

Loves to run... Kathy.. I forget sometimes you had 2 surgeries really, with the appendix thing. Whatever the Dr. tells you to do.. do! I was really worn out today after being at work for 4 hours... and am grateful to be able to stay home and rest tomorrow. Im supposed to get my hair cut and colored friday, but i think i will cancel the color part ( although the gray is driving me crazy). Ijust dont think i can sit and lean back for that long. I will get it cut though.
Off to the couch for the rest of the night.. have a good evening all,
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:18 PM

to all the wonderful ladies just joining us on this journey!!

I hope all are feeling well today, we have good/bad days it seems today was first day w/o any pain meds...... i just wanna be able to explain where my pain comes from,to the doc.
well it really is all over my tummy not that I couldn't tolerate it tho.

I called the docs, and the nurse said she would "kinda" try to get my CT results,and of course no call back. ya know I just wanna know what's going on in there..... plus I see some had a 4 week check up? none for me, maybe they are waiting for CT results.

I did get an all over body rash last night, I am assuming that it was from the barium I had to drink or latex, because where the IV was put was really red, but seemed mainly from the tape. so who knows???
I really hate being with a group of docs, there s no indiv. attn. like I haven't even gone over my pathology in full w/a dr.
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
feeling no pain...

I love this website!! I have not posted yet...first time! Surgery Feb 5. Was supposed to be 1 hour turned out to be 3..long surgery, lost a lot of blood, fibroids distorted unterus..they were growing inside and out...uterus came out in four pieces! I remember waking up in recovery, quite clearly...moaning and the nurses kept asking why!! Day 2 brought 2 blood transfusions and after a 6 day stay at the hospital...life is not bad...just unpredicatable! Mophine pump was removed..I wasn't using it! The worst part was the removal of the drains...wow...that hurt! Removal of the staples was nothing, I thought it would be horrible! I felt nothing as they removed 39, yes 39 of them! I am off for 9 weeks...doctors orders. I am finally relieved to be sleeping, this was something that took about 3-4 weeks to happen. I have had very little pain since the day of the surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? I had lower back pain for several days and that has been all. This leads to much frustration as I feel good but any attempt to do anything leads to cold sweats or fatigue. I find that if we go out on the weekend for a drive and a grocery order, the weeks are not so long. I am also waiting to drive, but do not see the doctor until the 19. Yes, as I reread this I am rambling, but so much to say! I am living a life full of ups and downs, but very greatful that the pain of fibroids and heavy bleeding and anemea are a thing of the past! I feel blessed!
Bonibeary
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome new sisters!!! It is great to have you.

Just posting my progress report after coming from my 1 month check up.

1. I hate the scale at my doctors office. It lies!!!! It is 2 pounds heavier than my home scale... It must be destroyed!!!!

2. Doctor checked my incision and my tummy/abdomin. He said everything looks great and is healing well. He pushed down a lot, I didnt love that. It gave me sweely belly. I was feeling like Mrs. Hotstuff when I went in and left feeling like the swelly belly queen! He said that my slight leg cramps were probably a deficiency of electrolytes. I need to drink more milk (lactose free of course) and eat a couple of bananas for potasium.

3. Asked my doc about the Big O.... He said absolutely no penetration but everything else is a go! I didnt tell hubby about that!!! lol I am still chicken. I also asked about activity.. I want to start bowling again as my team is not doing so well the last week or two. He said no way Jose! 2 more weeks and I can bowl. He said I should increase my activity level a little each day but still no lifting or excersize. He keeps reminding me I had major surgery.. Like I don't remember.. duh I was there.. remember me the one with all the pain on all the drugs????

3. I asked about my shelf.. Yes I am vain, I want that puppy long gone tomorrow.. he laughed and basically said not gunna happen! It is lump there as that is where they sutured the heck out of your insides. So ladies, the shelf stays for months not weeks :-(

4. He made me set an appointment for 2 weeks from now for the big 6 week check up. He is going in this time! Yikes! I don't know why but I don't want anything or anyone in there right now! I think I am afraid it will make me have pain again. If it does I am gunna have to tell hubby Doc said no sex for 6 more weeks!!!! As if DH is not honkerblonky enough right now. I do understand though as his life has centered mostly around me for the last month ( I kinda think it should always be that way, but everyone assures me I am wrong).

Anyway, I did forget to ask him if he sewed my tubes shut. I was going to make a list of questions but I forgot. Darn I also forgot to ask if I could start using a scar reducer as well.. Oh well I will defer to this board on that and beg forgiveness later if he says no at my 6 week check up.

Ok my book is complete..lol

Cindy
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:14 PM

hello everyone
i must be bored or just plain can't sleep! this week has proven to be interesting..feeling ok but trying to get my mother to understand this is a long process!

i have good days and like many of you have stated boom! back to bed!
at least i am able to see i am so NOT alone in this... i'm so glad i found this site and all of you lovely ladies to take this journey with! i'd really started to feel like i was alone in this one!

well like i said this week has been up and down. i was feeling really good and then my daughter came home with this nasty flu! wow she'd been taking care of me and now i'm the caregiver and she's the patient! lol

well i suppose i need to take a break and go to bed?? i'm dreaming of being a writer so i need to go to la la land and be famous!

Joy
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:17 PM

hello all,
Long time, no talk.
Recovery is going pretty much the same as everyone else. Wake up feeling a million bucks, go to bed feeling a million times bigger than I woke up. Swelly Belly is such a joy. Had to go out last night for a school function. My daughter was made a vice captain (co head of the school students) and they had the formal induction. I'm not sure what that would be equal to in the states, she's 17 and in her final year before university. Came home exhausted, sore and tired. I've slept all day today after getting the kids off to school.

LTR- the fire is your area even made the Australian news the other night. What a waste, the carbon footprint they left from the fires has got to be worse than the buildings themselves. I just don't get some people, there are better ways to improve our environment, but you know, they got the publicity they wanted !! And regarding the sitting around thing, we only have one chance to get this right, don't over do it. Make it a game for your little ones to help out. Believe me when they are teenagers you'll wish they could be conned into helping.

Regarding depression meds - I've been on them for a long long time and I truely believe having experienced it, that if anyone goes on these med's for whatever reason it is most important that they have psychological/psychatrist sessions as well. I went for years just taking meds and believe me when I say it's so important to have the other help as well. Maybe you don't even need the meds yet !! Just talk to a mental health professional first.

I love hearing about all your days, makes my recovery seem so easy to have someone else to emphathise with.

Take care all

Alayne
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Up late, so thought I'd post, I just feel so USELESS!! I've read every post in this thread and know I'm not alone, we all have our ups and downs. I went to the grocery store today with my husband, I just felt like crying, I was pushing the cart, before it even had anything in it, and I feel a twinge near my incision that made me jump, he had to take over. I can't even push a darn empty cart!! By the time we got home, I just couldn't wait to pull my jeans off and get back into my nice soft loungewear! I had felt pretty good before going out, I had done some light cleaning around the house and was fine.
I just don't see how I'm going to make it back to work in 2 weeks, that's what is bugging me. I've said before my job is alot of lifting and bending and standing for 10 or more hours a day, and it scares the crap out of me, if I can't even push a shopping cart at 4 weeks out. I know my doc will probably give me a few more weeks off (till the 8 week mark) if I ask, but I feel like I should be better by 6 weeks because that's what I've heard is the norm. Who knows, maybe in a few days I'll be all better, ha, yeah right.

My biggest complaint now is the "tugging" feeling or tightening feeling around my incision. Sometimes its sharp little pains, other times it a big jolting pain that only lasts a few seconds. Other times, like now, its just a nagging achey twingey thing with mini sharpies. LOL I think I'll use that terminology when I see my doc again in 2 weeks. Well hopefully I won't have any of it then.
OK, done with my rant. Keep on healing!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register