Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

I have a question for all of you out there. Are any of you getting the involuntary muscle/body stretching. Sometimes it is a full body one and sometimes it is just part of the body. The last few days I have been having probably 12-15 a day. Actually I am very tired and irritable today. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good afternoon girls! WELCOME new Sisters - this forum will be a god send and such a relief for you!

Sounds like yesterday was a kind of a bad day all around - I even felt crappy and went to bed early only to not be able to go to sleep for several hours - ughhhhhh. But feeling better this am - as I hope all of you are as well.

We all have to remember that we all heal at a different rate and we all had things done differently causing the difference in healing. We'd all love for this to be a distant memory, but the problem with that is that our bodies are not quite on the same page as our minds (this is one time you can't do mind over matter) But one day this really will be a distant memory and for most you will then realize how good life can be without pain (no matter how dull it was).

Thought for the day - Listen to your body and obey

Happy Healing!
Cheryl
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi all
Finally, a better day afte rtwo bad ones...and I was planning a walk when I got an emergency request from my daughter to come chaperone play rehearsals (they have a couch I can sit on) as the scheduled adult can't make it. So no walk... But on the bright side, its 1:30 and I'm still in jeans! I think I will change out before I head out for 4 more hours, couch or no couch. And DH comes home after a 4 day trip, which will help with taking it easy...I had bad back pain last night and no clue why....maybe just too much bending?
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Kjjjranch -- YES, I get those involuntary stretches a lot... especially after I've been sitting for a while, and then get up. My abs tighten, my legs tighten... it feels good in one way, but on the other hand, I worry that it's not good for my abdomen...but what can you do?? It's like my body has this mind of it's own!! I think our body just NEEDS to stretch, and when we don't stretch it, it'll just do it on it's own.

I'm meeting with my personal trainer in an hour (again NOT TO WORK OUT... so don't worry ladies)... and I'll ask him about these involuntary body stretches. He'd know the answer to that. I'll let you know what he says.

Ok, so today.... I'm not going to say how I feel because it seems like whenver i say how I feel, the second half of the day I feel the opposite. So, I'll report later today to tell you how I felt today.... haha!!!

Welcome all the new people!!! It's so good to see all the new sisters out there!! I'm glad there are more Feb. 4 - 11 gals because it's just so nice to hear from even more people how everyone's doing and it is just so comforting to hear that I'm not alone...

Ok... I'll report more later. :-)
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM

My body does these stretch things at all times even when I am asleep. And you are right that sometimes they feel good and at other times you are going oh no not my tummy. I have started to do some of my pre operation stretches to start to get ready to exercise. This however has not effected the involuntary ones. Have fun with the training session. I am looking forward to being able to do the same soon.
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:22 PM

Afternoon Everyone... welcome all .. I 2nd LTR statement, its great to hear how others are doing, good or not so good. Makes me feel normal! lol
I think i had maybe 2 hours of sleep last night.. read until 12:30 then couldnt fall asleep, woke up every hour.. i hate this! I am determined today not to nap, take advil or tylenol every 4hours, then something to help me sleep tonight along with some green tea with valerian in it.. if that doesnt work, you would think sheer exhaustion would. I did walk about a mile today, got a few new books to read along with some fun toys for my granddaughter, got the car washed, put gas in it, so now im home for the day, going to read or watch a movie while doing some wash. I really really want to vacuum, ( k9 im sure u can understand, and i only have one golden!), and my wood blinds in my sun room, where i spend 99%of my day are sooooooooooo dusty! But I wont, my daughter in law offered to come over tomorrow to do both for me so i will be a good patient and wait till then.
So, alhthough im tired, i feel pretty good, but i know if i keep going i will be really achy tonight. It wasnt pain that kept me up last night though.. just the inability to sleep.
Stay in touch all....its great to hear from everyone!
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Specs - trust me I understand about not vaccuuming. But I came up with a way to vaccuum without really doing it (DH won't volunteer to do this) - I have a small canister vaccuum, so I take the wand without any attachments and since it is plastic on the end I can wave it around (like I would with my swiffer - but I have to keep cleaning off the swiffer) to get the clumps and I feel better. I asked DH to PLEASE do the rugs (I have wood laminate or tile throughout this house - best thing I could have done). But if your Daughter-In-Law is offering, be patient and take advantage while you can and don't feel guilty!!! I don't know anyone where we live now, since I just moved here last year and since I haven't started working outside the house (except for dog shows) I don't know a sole around here to ask for help. But my parents are coming for a quick visit Sunday - oh no, that means I have to get the sheets washed for that bed and clean the bedroom/kitchen table/kitchen counters....... Guess they will have to put up with stinky dogs as well since I can't bath or dry them without help to get them in/out of the tub and on/off the grooming table.

Sounds like today is going much better and I'm so happy to hear this!

I find it interesting that most of us didn't find this website till after H-day - but at least we found it! I printed off the first page of this website and gave it to my doctor - told her she needed to tell anyone that is going to have a hysterectomy to go here before and after for some great support. I'm thinking about printing business cards to take her and even take to the hospital for the women's wing and maybe the nurses will give them out there as well. But do you think I would be violating any rules if I did this? Besides, it would give me something to do.....

Well, need to read some email and my rest period is about up so I can get back to trying to find my kitchen table.....

Happy Healing!
Cheryl
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:15 PM

Hi Ladies,

I too have the muscle stretching. My guess is with the limited movement we all have there is some slight atrophy going on with our muslces. Going from really active to days in bed to days on couch to just now starting to get around well would certainly cause this, IMHO. Every morning my body just starts stretching upon waking. I do try to control it a bit as it is probably not good to do the complete stretches but man it feels good!!!

I plan on relaxing today for the most part. I am having a chili cook off on Sunday so I will have to shop, clean and set up for that starting on Friday. It is just among friends nothing to big only about 15 people. I am making two different chilis and they both are looking like long complicated recipes. I have been wanting to try them for a long time so if they are good I will certainly share the recipes.

Since I don't work I usually plan social gatherings several times a month. We have actually had 2 get togethers since my surgery but both were small and one was not planned at all..lol I have not done any of the cooking so far so this should be taxing. I am planning the actual cooking for Saturday since chili is always better after a day. It is warm in Phoenix now so we are going to do some hot tubbing (way to cold for swimming still I dont swim until the 100+ degree days). I wonder if hot tubs are ok at this point? I should call my doc I guess.

Oh well back to the couch to enjoy my last relaxation day of the week.

Cindy
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Hey Everyone -

I had my 4 week post-op check today and it went well. He told me that my pathology came back all clear (which i had assumed since no one had said anything about it sooner), and that I was cleared for all activity - no restrictions. He did a quick exam and told me that I had a few remaining stitches that needed to disolve, but otherwise everything was healing nicely. I don't see him again for a year. I gave him a big hug and told him thanks - he did a great job, and I really was so grateful to him.

I never wrote about this before, but when my surgery was first scheduled (for Dec 20th) it was with a different doctor. She told me that my ultrasounds indicated that I was not a viable candidate for LAVH and she was going to do a TAH. I thnk the reality was that she was not experienced in laproscopy, and could not even try the procedure herself.

I was happy to just go forward with her, but my family and friends strongly encouraged me to find someone who would do the laproscopy (or at least try). So, I called her office 3 weeks before my surgery to get copies of my ultrasounds so that I could get a second opinion. Well, my original doctor got so MAD, and OFFENDED, that I was getting a 2nd opinion that she CANCELLED my surgery. I was so upset and PO'd. At that point I had not even made an appt with another doctor - i was just doing my homework and what I thought was right.

In the meantime, and this was during the holidays, etc, I luckily found another doctor who said he would be willing to try the LAVH, and low and behold he was successful. I guess my first doctor did me a big favor by being so hateful and negligent. I am very happy that i was able to have the less invasive procedure.

Anyway - that is why I hugged my doctor - he was my angel!!!

So, I guess this is over, huh? I have an appt with a personal trainer next weekend and also plan to start back in the gym this friday (tomorrow). Work is going well and I am trying to keep my days under 12 hours, but it is hard with my current program -we are SO busy!!

Now I just have to find someone to have sex with, lol. Anyone want to lend out their DH?? JUST KIDDING!!!!

Thanks everyone for their love and support!! This board made it so much easier and more fun!! I"ll still check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing!!!
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:56 PM

It's Friday morning (9.48) here in sunny Australia,

Jax - Where do I live ? about five hours north west of Sydney near Tamworth in a tiny town of about 10,000 people. It's a lovely spot, just 4 hours to the beach and of course 5 hours to Sydney, easy enough to get to places for a long weekend. We have 25 acres of bushland and a beautiful house, great view too. I'm looking out my window now. Overlooking a vast plain with some small hills in the background, a lovely little dam about 40 metres from my front door. The birds are singing and life is good. All that and the cleaner is due here any minute!! What more can a girl ask for. That's right....... no more periods LOL.

Ok Ladies I'm on for lunch. Just give me a when and a where. Just got to get passport out, money organised, accomodation, car hire with GPS, new clothes, oh yeah plane tickets at $2500 return.... what the hell I might go business.... $8,000 return.
If someone could order for me in case I'm late, I'll have a salad. Ha Ha....

KJJJRanch - Muscles spasms/stretching... Havn't had that problem just restless legs at night, I've had restless legs on and off before but this is nightly now. What are restless legs anyway? I take a very light pain med as if I had a headache and they go away and I'm off to sleep within 15 minutes or so.

I've had a bit of a problem on and off with insomnia too ladies, but I find if I take a little quiet time for myself after everyone has gone to bed I can wind down. We have a busy household here with two teenagers and a tourettes sufferer (11 Yrs) so I need to wind down at the end of the day.

Good night ladies

Alayne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register