Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 85 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi Ladies

Good Morning all. Another beautiful day here. I can't believe that its so nice out. Global Warming may be setting in.

Loves to run: I live in northern BC (Dawson Creek) about 12 hours north of vancouver. I am from vancouver origanally an still go about 2 times a year. Most of my family is still there. I could not live there again, getting to busy.

I can't remember who said something about strange dreams. I have had some very weird dreams. Mine are quite weird anyways and my husband hates to here them so I tell my mom.

I am feeling much better and my bleeding has stopped. But the cramping around my hips and bottem of my tummy are still there when I try to sleep.

Well I better get going. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Donni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 09:32 AM

Morning everyone,

I have alot planned today.. we'll see if any of it gets done. My DS (14) is going to the skate park for a birthday party, he's bringing his rollerblades. I'm nervous about that.. anything I have to sign a waiver for... yep, makes me nervous haha. My DD is giving me a workout.. mentally and physically, shes stubborn so when she wants something she insists and I'm just as stubborn. She needs to clean her room.. she wants to call her friend down the street.. <sighs>

I want to thank everyone that gave input for a personal trainer. My main goal is to eat healthier and lose this weight I've gained. I started experiencing more noticable pain after my daughter was born (she's 7 now) and I look back on things and I think there were red flags even prior. I know before my son was born I had severe pelvic pain (I was 17) where I would double over in pain at work, my DH (just boyfriend at the time) rushed me to the hospital after I let it go for over a month.. doctor told us both I was lucky that I was close to becoming sterile had I waited any longer. I had precancerous cells, they froze them off etc. So even 17 yrs ago I knew any children I had were a blessing. (although sometimes I'm not too sure.. like when my DD is sitting here crying to get her way haha) just kidding I used to love working out at the gym, jogging, etc. After having my daughter it became painful and the doctors I was seeing was chalking it up to healing from her (it was a difficult labor). After a year of increasing pain I knew better and pushed for answers. 2004 I got my first diagnosis. So for 7 yrs, although I've had a gym membership I have barely used it. I kept my membership to hopefully motivate me.
Oh, a get together sounds great! I would have to get information price wise etc. Also, not sure I would be able to attend since my work had me blow my remaining 8 days vacation before I could file disability.. I can try

ok, done for now
~Sass
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjack
Sass,
I agree with all that LTR has advised to you but I will also add that after you have found a trainer and start working with him/her don't be afraid to admit it if you don't click with that person and need to try someone else. This happened to me and I was afraid to hurt her feelings so I worked with her for a extra couple months than I should have. The end result was that I started to not want to go to the gym and exercise because of her, and exercise and being healthy has ALWAYS been part of who I am so it kinda messed me up for awhile and I didn't even realize it until my DH pointed out the obvious for me. So I ended up talking to her, letting her go and I found someone else who I this time really interviewed, I hadn't done that the first time. Besides being qualified to help you I think it is also important that you can relate to whoever you train with on a mental field otherwise there is no teamwork and it becomes not so fun if you get what I am trying to say. But anyway, definately go for it!!!
BillyJack: I FULLY agree with you here.... that is SUCH a good point. I had a similar situation to you. Before my current trainer, I had a different trainer and I ahd him for a year. He was really nice and we did get along really well, but he was not a runner. I did not realize that when I hired him.... I was naive in the "personal trainer" world and I guess I figured personal trainers were knowledgable and good at all exercise and physical fitness activities.

so, I kept on telling him I wanted to improve on my running, but he wasn't helping me. He was great with lifting weights and strength training.... it turns out strength training was his specialty. I found out about 6 months into our professional relationship that he actually hated running (for himself). haha. but, I had already been with him for 6 months, and I knew if I stopped going to him then that'd be one less client he'd have, and I just felt bad causing him to not make the amount of money he expected... I just was too afraid to tell him I needed a new trainer because I didn't want to make him feel bad or take it personally. Well, finally almost a year into working out with him (and me feeling like i was not getting my money's worth since I was not getting running help from him), I finally told him that I really need a trainer to help me run. He was TOTALLLY cool about it. He fully understood.... in fact he is the one who recommended my current trainer. And, I tell you... the guy I'm with now is amazing... he and I totally click personality-wise.... I always joke with him and tell him that if he were a female, he'd be me. haha!! We are really similar in how we think and just go about life. And, he's an amazing runner... running is his specialty, but he's also VERY knowledgable in strength training.

Anyway, long story short, what BillyJack wrote is right on... make sure the trainer you get is someone you click with. make sure it's someone you will WANT to go see each week and it's someone you can't wait to go see, really. Because there are some days I don't feel like working out, but I love hanging out with my trainer so much that sometimes just going to hang out with him for an hour is my motivating factor to get to the gym. He and his wife just had a baby, so we always have so much to talk about because he's a new dad, so he picks my brain on parenting, etc. So, we talk on a personal level, but it's a very professional relationship.

Good luck, Sass!!! Go get that trainer.... as you've heard from the women here who have trainers or who have had trainers, it's well worth the money!! :-) Don't be hesitant to interview a few trainers, too. Make a consultation appointment (those should be free), and just talk with the trainer, tell them who you are, your goals, your needs, etc., and ask the trainer a bunch of questions, and you should be able to tell within that meeting if it's someone you'd click with. Then after interviewing 2 - 3, then you can choose. :-)

Let us know how it goes (well, once you get the OK to start working out....).

Take care,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFK
This morning the leg/belly stretches in bed were almost violent and uncontrollable, but still felt pretty good. They can be somewhat startling, though. I've also been having all kinds of strange dreams.

SFK - YES, me too.... I've been having the strangest dreams thruogh this whole recovery. How interesting.... I wonder what causes that?

I also have been getting those leg/belly stretches and mine at times are also borderline violent. It must have to do with the inactivity... I don't know... but it's so weird.

So, ladies.... I did sleep well last night. I had to take a percocit last night, though, because the burning was terrible... I just wanted to jump out of my skin.

But, I finally fell asleep around 1 AM, I think. Slept great till about 8 AM (woke up a few times in the night. I still wake up when my body needs to move positions).

I feel pretty good this morning. i'm trying to book a massage for early next week, but the women my personal trainer wants me to go to is totally booked all next week and the week after. She's really good!! So, I guess she gets booked up weeks in advanced. My trainer knows her personally, and he is going to call her to see if she can pull some strings and squeeze me in. Awwwww... what a great guy!! who knows if it'll work. If not, he's going to ask her who she would recommend for me given my situation.

So, hopefully I can get in for a massage sometime early next week!! I'm so exicted... I think it'll feel so good.

Well, today,I have no plans but to lay around and relax. haha! My DH is home all day, so I don't have to deal with the kids, so that is nice.

Well, not much else to report. I'll write in more later!!

Take care everyone!!

Oh, Paula -- I'm just like you!! I love to get up in the morning, get my coffee (I drink decaf, though), and get my lap top and catch up on all the posts!! I love this forum.... it is also the first thing I like to read in the day. :-)
Unread 03-08-2008, 04:38 PM

good evening all..
today is just not turning out to be a good one for me. I am have some serious pains that feel sharp on the left side, some spotting not really bleeding, and emotionally what the heck is going on ??? i think i've been crying most of the day. I know i must sound like a big baby. Usually i can handle a lot, pain, emotions, family, etc...but today!

(mention of children)
i think it's for sure a case of overload...i have been running all week taking care of my DD (16 yrs old) she's had the flu all week..... i think tonight i'm moving her to my bed and we'll have to just make the best of both situations.

i think i've cried enough for the day, here's to tomorrow, i do hope i can find some relief i think i have a few tylenol3 left...i thought i was past the pain meds, but man i might have to take one tonight.. well ladies i look for your post and i'm sure tomorrow will have to be better
Unread 03-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Zieque,

I'm so sorry today has been so rough. Aren't you glad you have this site to say how you feel, and all of us can just come around you and support you??!! I love this site.

Anyway, hang in there.... it is so hard... this recovery has been the pits for me, but I've been trying to keep my chin up!!! Some days I have to prop my chin up just to keep it up, but I've been trying my best to see the positive.

But, it's so hard... I'm sorry your DD has the flu... ugh!! That certainly does not help things with you. I hope you don't catch it... just be careful, especially if she sleeps in your bed, because you don't want to catch what she has. Although, it's pretty hard with kids to NOT catch what they have.

Hang in there... Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :-)

So, ladies....

my day is a typical day. I start out feeling good, and as the day goes on, I don't feel so good. ugh. I know this is still a long ways away, but I'm starting to get a little nervous about May! haha. Yes, for some reason, I just can't even imagine myself feeling normal by MAY. I'm sure that is because I haven't felt normal since my surgery.

But, on May 16, I'm flying to London for a week, and it's going to be a busy week. I have a big conference to be at, and I have to give several presentations at this conference, as well as have lots of individual meetings. And, in London, they love to go out to dinner and pubs late at night, so I know once the day is over, the night will turn into staying out till late socializing. And, right now, I can't imagine how I'll pull off this whole week... it's NOT until may 16 when I leave, so that is 2 months from now, but still.... I worry about this. I cannot pull out of this trip.... I have to be there. And, then I get back from London, and I'm home for a week, and then I fly to LA for a conference in LA for a whole weekend (first weekend in June) where I'm presenting all weekend at this conference.

The LA trip will be more low-key because I'm only there to present and not to "hob knob" like I will be in London.

Anyway, I know... it's entirely silly to worry about MAY, but man... if I'm at the point where I feel like I do now, and I jsut am starting to wonder if I'll ever feel better.

I freak out because I read some posts on the boards of women who are like 3 and 4 months past their surgery and still having pain! I know that is not the norm, but I just worry that might be ME.

Anyway, I will say, it IS very reassuring to know that a lot of us are feeling about the same right now, so that HOPEFULLY tells me that my recovery IS normal, and that by May I should be feeling fine.

I HOPE by May I can fit into my normal clothes, because I don't know what I'll wear on that trip if I can't! ugh!

Ok, enough worrying... I'm so glad I don't chew my fingernails because if I did, they'd be gone by now!! haha.

Take care everyone.
Kathy
Unread 03-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Evening everyone,

I was able to sneak away long enough to read posts since this morning. Zieque, I'm really sorry to hear about your DD getting sick, I can relate. My DD (7 yrs old) just spiked a fever, she's complaining of a sore throat, headache and how bad her neck hurts.
On top of that we're dogstitting.. haven't seen my cat since . He's a cute dog though, his daddy comes to get him in the morning.
I have had a lousy couple of days I wish I didn't know why. I've been really keeping the roads hot getting errands done for the moving process... if I can't lift anything I can take care of other stuff. The driving makes me sore, and that stinks because when I get released for work what am I going to do?? I can't take painkillers at work.. or let me rephrase.. I don't want to. It's half an hour drive each way to work.. and 8 hours straight, no lunch hour or breaks. (security). We'll see

~Sass
Unread 03-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Seems to have been a quiet day today for most - not much chatter today. I spent today recooperating from yesterday. Yesterday a friend drove 2 hours to go to lunch and then run a bunch of errands with me (I managed to wear jeans all afternoon). After she left (4 hours later of non-stop movement after lunch) I sat down and realized how tired I was but it was too late to take a nap. So I went to bed early to read and someone else called and talked for over an hour. By then I wasn't tired any more (or too tired to sleep). But when I finally got to sleep I did sleep pretty well (thank goodness for Tylenol PM - most of the time it does work). But after running to Wal-Mart today, I had to take a nap this afternoon. Now I'm just hoping that I will sleep tonight.

I'm hoping you all have better nights, this seems to be the worst for most still. And I hope there aren't any nightmares tonight. Don't forget to change your clocks!!!!!

Happy Healing
Cheryl
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:39 PM

Hi
PMS I still hate it and I am felling it to. OUCH Just most of the cramping is gone now but not enouth of it. The new meds are working alot better than the old ones. I am sleeping GREAT now.
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM

Zieque,

So sorry you are feeling down hun. I think that is normal though as you had your ovaries removed. So as much as it sucks... You are not alone in that boat. There are several women here experiencing the same thing.

Ok so last night I posted how I was all lazy and put everything off until today... BAD idea. We had an unexpected thing come up. One of my birds was picking at himself so bad he actually caused a hole in his skin which was quite bad. We did not notice it at first due to the location and being mostly covered by feathers. Anyway we went to the vet at noon and were there until almost 4 pm getting tests run. Over 300 dollars later and a ton of meds our little guy is back home with his boyfriend. But that made for a long day with the added stuff that I put of yesterday. So it is almost 11pm and I am up making chili for tomorrow.

Well I guess I better go stir again.

Lots of love to all,
Cindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register