Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Cindy,

Oh my goodness... sorry to hear about your little bird!! As you know, I'm a huge animal lover, so any time I hear stories about animals that are sick or hurt, I feel so bad. I hope he's going to be OK.

I wonder if birds can sense when their human owner is hurt or not well? In other words, I wonder if your bird has sensed you have not been well (from recovery), and that has made him nervous or sad and that has caused him to peck at his own body? maybe not.... but that crossed my mind.

Anyway, I hope he'll be OK, and those vet bills can be so expensive!! I know when our dog was diagnosed with the disease he had, we did everything we could do to turn the disease around and save him, and man... at that time, I had WISHED that we had some sort of pet medical insurance. We spent a lot of money at the vet, but sadly, the disease won. But, I don't regret at all spending the money on him because I knew we did all that we could do to help him. He was worth it. :-)

Anyway, I hope your bird will be OK, and I hope you get all your other work done!! Good luck!!!!

Take care,
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:44 PM

I was told I could bleed for 6 weeks, and it looks like its going to be that. I don't see how you can vac when you are not suppose to bend over and put intraabdominal pressure in there? If I forget myself and bend over I am hurting most of the rest of that day!
Unread 03-09-2008, 03:45 AM

Hi everyone

I started my periods at 9 years old!!!! That means I've had them for 37 years! But no more! yippee!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 07:29 AM

HI Christine, SNAP! I was just sat here thinking exactly the same thing. Started my periods at 9 and am now 46- it is fantastic not to have to go through that any more. I also had my op on the 6th Feb (TAH with ovaries removed and bladder repair) so far I am recovering very slowly but though it all I just keep tellin my self no more bleeding, no more pms!!!!! How are you doing? Are you due back at work, driving yet or any of the other fun things in life? I am not driving or even getting to walk very far as it caused too much pain and work seems like a distant dream but things can only improve lol
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Morning all!! I didn't get online yesterday to check everyone's messages...slept late recovering from who knows what on Friday, and when DP came home, we went out (still shopping for a dining room set) and ended up having dinner out. Came home last night around 8:45, I was all set to hop online and check in with everyone, and the power was out!! Once the dogs calmed down - you would think they never experience darkness - it made for a nice, quiet evening with candlelight, but the power didn't come on until after 7am this morning, just as my DP was heading out the door for Dunkin Donuts haha. Timing being everything. So...checking in now...

Kathy: with London, sounds like naps as often as possible will be the order of the trip. From my experience with conferences, if getting back to your room for a nap is too much (time, distance) there's usually a relatively empty room that the conference coordinators have set aside for something admin related that isn't really being used. Maybe if needed you can hop in there and at least get some rest and brain down-time if not actual sleep. For me, I know that even the cat naps help a lot. Tip back a Guinness for me, would ya?

Zieque: I'm sorry you feel so lousy. The emotional roller coaster is a normal part of this process. Nevermind the hormonal stuff, but sleep deprivation, pain, exhaustion, and our bodies struggling to heal all take a toll on our emotions. For something like 30 years, my "normal" was varying levels of depression and anxiety. I have been in and out of counseling since I was 12, some good, some useless. A couple of years ago, I finally accepted the fact that counseling, no matter how good, wasn't the only answer for me and I started taking an antidepressant. HUGE difference in my life and our relationship. Not suggesting meds, just telling my story.

Cindy: We have birds too, down to 3 now, and know how bad it can get when they're picking. These guys now, thankfully, don't pick, but we inherited one a few years back that came to us nearly completely bald except for his head. The previous owner had him tested for everything and it seemed all he needed was a mate, something she nor we could provide. He ended up dying before we could find him a better home/mate. Sad that he died, but he was always nasty to us so we weren't too upset.

Sass and others with young kids: They are little germ machines, aren't they? When I worked in education, I used to come home with the disease du jour. You always knew a new teacher - they were nearly constantly sick for the first year or two. Now I go into public clinics and pick up the nasties from there.

Weird dreams...oh boy yes! I even fell out of bed 2 weeks post op because of one. It wasn't scary, just weird. For some reason, I was playing basketball, and as I reached back to catch a pass (I'm 5'2"), it was over my head and I had to really reach...well, really reaching meant off the bed!! I caught myself as I went down and didn't hit the floor with my body, but it was weird. And no, I didn't catch the pass. haha. No idea why they happen, wonder if it's a standard post-anesthesia thing or just post hysts. Hmmm, next time I have the opportunity to chat with an anesthesiologist, I'll ask and let y'all know.

Personal trainers...I know I need to get more active and having a personal trainer is probably the best thing for me in terms of motivation and working with my disabled body, but at this point, I simply can't afford one - don't even belong to a gym - and I'm too dang lazy!! I may do it eventually, the motivation from here is certainly more than I've had in a while.

1 year reunion...if we want to do this, at some point, we'll need to continue the conversation via private message and regular email so we can exchange phone numbers and emails, something rightfully frowned upon in public forums here. As for timing, Jax, seems logical to do it sometime during the week of Feb 4-11, 2009. If we do it as just us, leaving our spouses behind to care for the kids, animals or house, I don't mind a roomie.

Now to my own personal update...
Pretty sore and sensitive the last couple of days, especially right over and next to the incision. Just a couple of spots, not the whole thing. I've had something going on towards my groin. I wouldn't call it cramping exactly, but waves of weird pain, sometimes lasting a few minutes, sometimes seconds. I'm assuming it's stitches dissolving and innards readjusting positions. I've also been getting some brown spotting the last 2-3 days. So far it's only been on the paper, not pad material, but again, assuming it's stitches dissolving. As long as it's brown, I'm not worried. I did keep my cervix and ovaries so a mini period is possible, but I've never been regular so who knows.

I'm planning on heading about an hour southwest today to catch a friend playing in a band. I've wanted to see him play for ages, but timing or weather has always been in the way. I'm also going to stop at Croton Dam, http://www.youtube.com/v/TTkR2abj9GI near where I grew up. With the recent big rains, the overflow will be spectacular!

I'll try to check back in later. Have a great day everyone!

Roberta
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:00 AM

Hi everyone,

Really bad morning for me even though I slept great last night, I don't know how. I did way to much friday going to the Dr., getting blood tests, post office, bank and haircut even though I knew I wasn't feeling right and having sharp pains. So then yesterday I absolutely had to go to work to catch up but it was only supposed to be for like 3 hours, turned into 6. So last night the pain on my left where my Ovary and tube used to be is now constant and stabbing with any movement. I woke up and it is there immediately, took a percocet and it did not come close to dulling the pain. I am not supposed to hear back on the blood test until tomorrow and I am almost at the point of going to ER. My DH is working a 24 hour shift at his fire station today left at 7am and won't be back til tomorrow at 7am and I am freaking out.

The Dr. on Friday said that the pain is more than likely part of the healing process and not to worry yet BUT I have had other surgery's and broken bones all that and this pain is the kind of pain where you just instictively know something is wrong and I told the Dr. that Friday. He has told me not worry in the past and I ended up in the ER having emergency surgery two diffent times with two different Ovarian Torsions, one on each side, the second causing me to have this emergency TAH on Feb 7th after I went into the ER on the evening of Feb 6th with the second Torsion. So needless to say I have lost faith in his opinion, and am now second quessing myself today about whether I should wait until the blood test comes back tomorrow or just go to the ER yet again this afternoon if the pain doesn't let up. This pain is worse than a Ovarian Torsion and that pain is pretty bad.

I am also not hot so the blood test will probably not show a infection, I think I have torn some or to many internal stitches on the left side somehow and it is either swelling on the left or there is blood filling in there, my imagination is going wild with worse case senarios at this point. Please advise if anyone is feeling anything like I have described and please give me piece of mind that maybe this is normal. Fair to say I am starting to panick!!!!

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:08 AM

HI Michelle

As I read your post I could feel your breathing getting faster and shallower as the panic is rising in you, so I am passing you a paper bag and and big hug.

If you instinct tells you something is wrong then listen to your instinct and take action. The worst that can happen is some medical professional tells you that you are OK and you feel a little foolish, but if you do nothing the worst that can happen doesnt bear thinking about.

So have a few deep breaths, check in with your natural wisdom and then do what you know is best for you.

Big hugs

Ally
Unread 03-09-2008, 08:43 AM

Michelle,

Ditto what Ally said. And you can use the second paper bag for lunch.

Better safe than sorry and especially if the normal pain meds aren't resolving the problem, best to get it checked out now rather than later.

Take care of yourself,
Roberta
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:54 AM

Morning all... What a roller coaster ride this recovery is isnt it??? I am so grateful for this site, i would be going crazy with worry if it werent for it. I love hearing the posts of those of you that are doing well as well as comiserating with those of you that are having issues... i cant think of a more helpful forum i have ever known.

To all of you having tough days... big hugs and great thoughts for better days today! Ive said this before, but i cannot imagine going thru this recovery with children to care for. You that do that are amazing, and keep reminding yourselves that you have more to do than me! I get to rest when i want to, pretty much do just for me.

Im totally wiped out and tired today, sore and just exhausted. Ive walked a mile everyday this week since Wed, spent all that time Friday at the salon getting my hair cut and colored, yesterday we went to my sons for dinner, played with my grandaughter and was there for 4-5 hours... came home totally hurting and exhausted. I went right to bed, slept, fitfully, but slept 12 hours, ( with 2 vicodin) and i do feel better this morning. But Im doing nothing today.. my husband is at the grocery store, hes getting a little testy about doing that, Im going to take a shower, hit the couch and not move today. Im hoping to work some this week, but if i cant i cant, so we shall see. I was so disappointed yesterday with the way I felt, it was 3 steps backward! Disheartening to say the least. But then i come here, read all the posts and realize this is normal recovery, and i feel better, well at least more comfortable that my recovery is going okay.
I think its a great idea to meet next year! Somewhere warm! And yes we would need to take this to PM and normal emails to make that happen.
Everyone have a good Sunday! Rest as much as you can, think good thoughts... we will all get thru this.
Unread 03-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Cure for pain - wear no clothes!

I have been feeling very uncomfortable/pain and yesterday and today I have done an experiment. Instead of getting dressed I have stayed in my very large, very loose and comfy pjs and the pain is much better. Sooooo all I have to do now is figure out a way to go shopping and to work and driving etc etc whilst wearing no clothes. Problem solved! Well maybe not but at least it is a temporaty solution. The other big difference is I have made a really big effort not to bend down, no dishwasher emptying, no laundry, and it makes a big difference to my "lump" which is how I affectionatley term the swollen hard rock which now resides inside me where my uterus used to be.

so if anyone else wants to join the newly formed "Wear no clothes to work" club just let me know. Maybe it will catch on????

Hugs to all, Ally xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register