Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinspice
Good afternoon to all,
has anyone had a problem with taste buds? The things I enjoyed before
my TAH, especially Special K with almonds, I have no desire for them. Do anyone know if the insonmia will eventully subside? I work at a castle, and
work all 3 shifts, and can't imagine working 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. without any sleep, its unheard of. I thank you in advance........God Bless!
Lisa

Yes my taste buds has changed to. I like jello now and I want my bacon cripy insted of limp. Coffee I like stronger and hotter now. It is very werd My insonmia is gone now, so yes I think it will. I would like to work in the castle so much stuff to learn about. Good luck on your sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 06:18 PM

Hi

The last two days I had to were jeans. I have lost 18lbs. and by the middle of the day they are tight on me and they hurt. Boy, I sure hope that when I go back to work in Apirl that I will be back in jeans and not have this problem.
Unread 03-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Evening all. a quick question. Ive read some of you mentioning reading what can happen if you dont take the time to heal well... scar tissue in the wrong places, etc. Where can i find that article or forum? Im sure this post will be moved since it is not a progress report but i thought id give it a try first. My husband seems to think i should be moving around more, not have to be as careful as I am, etc. and i want him to read what happens if i overdue it ! lol you would think a pharamacist would understand right.. personally i think hes just tired of having to vacumm and grocery shop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 06:51 PM

Hi
Specs, its in the post op section, and I think it may be called adhesions or something like that. Or maybe its the one that says I'm feeling great...why can't I?

Taste...I have noticed that some foods that I used to love taste ok but not great anymore--and they are all iron rich foods. So I think I used to really need them when I was anemic and now that my body is slowly starting to build up iron reserves again they dont' taste as good. My docs did tell me when I was anemic that anything with iron in it would taste really good to me...I hadn't realized how much iron is in oatmeal, but I guess that is why I craved it for breakfast for the last year.
Deb
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Good evening ladies,

Wow the last two days have been so busy it was like I was a normal person again! Of course I have soreness now when I do to much and I didnt have that before.

Reilly (my birdie) seems to be doing just fine so far. He has a ton of medicine (even more than I had post -op). He is in good spirits though. I am very hopeful that all will be ok. Thanks for your kind words and hopes for his quick recovery.

We had our chili cookoff today and all went great. I didnt win...lol but got to eat some good chili! It was really fun and we all had wine/beer and of course played rock band.. we are sooooo immature! But that game is too fun! I actually did some house cleaning today and showered and got ready for company and I am just now feeling tired which is great because last week any of the above by theirselves would have worn me out!

The only down side right now is I think I may be getting a UTI. I started drinking cranberry juice yesterday since I cant get to doc until Monday. I am hoping we can catch it soon before it gets too painful because I am darn sick of pain! To bad grapes didnt work for that since I drank almost a bottle of wine tonight! lolololol

For those having problems/pain, please error on the side of caution. It is better to go to the ER or the Doc to be sure. Nobody (I dont care how good of a doc they are) can diagnose over the phone. Not to mention that nobody is right all of the time hense the term "practicing medicine". We know our bodies and we can sense when something is off most times and when in doubt we should always get it checked.

Anyway, I am off for the night...
Much Love,
Cindy
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Good Morning All

Good morning eveyrone, how are you all? I am up and waiting for my laxitives to take effect. As if all the other stuff isnt eneough I am now severely consitipated and suffering with piles! Give me a break lol

But the absolutley worst part of it all is that I havent seen my gorgeous doggy since my op. He is my substitute baby, as both my real babies are now grown up (son 28 and daughter 26) I call him my baby boy. Not that he is a little baby. He is a strong black Staffordshire Bull Terrirer and weighs in at 56lb of pure muscle. And that is why I havent seen him. When we are together he spends his time sat on my knee and thinks nothing of jumping straight onto me. Not normally a problem but I think if he jumped on me now AAAAAARGHH!

So anyone reading this with a substiute baby - some people come with 4 legs and a furry coat - will totally understand how I feel and for all of you who dont have a doggy will probably think I am mad.

Hope you have all had a good nights sleep, chat later

Ally xx
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:47 AM

Hi Ally... Im awake and cant sleep...hate this! Ive been tossing and turning for almost 2 hours so finally decided to get up and get some tea and come online. One of the reasons i hate getting out of bed and getting up is my Golden Retriever.. Logan . He is 6, acts like 6mos,,, thinks if someone is up its either cause they want to play with him or feed him. He is my baby too..my kids are 30 and 26, and at 75 lbs he was a worry when i came home from the hospital too. Luckily he has never been a lap dog, but he does occasionally jump.. gratefully he seems to sense he cant and has been fine throughout my recovery. He is at my feet now, since he figured out im not going to play or feed him at this ridiculous hour.
So... I wish i were getting a good nights sleep! I was planning on going to work tomorrow for at least a few hours.. dont think iwill be able to do that on 2 hours sleep.
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:11 AM

Hi all,
it's 4:13 am for me (blasted daylight savings time!) read the posts and wanted to comment about the taste buds.. mine are different too, but I thought it was because I quit smoking the same day I had my surgery, also stopped drinking soda. I never thought the surgery could have effected them. Interesting, I don't think I was anemic.. not sure of the signs, and only went to the doc in 2004 and again right before the surgery haha. Never tested
I'm going to try to go to bed and get motivated before noon. I will have to I have to meet the gas company at the other house beteen 8-4, not to mention my friend is coming over for a while tomorrow. Going to try to get some small stuff over to the new house (with her lifting it all of course).
I have my doc appt Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.

~Sass
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:19 AM
not alone

hello girls !! I have been reading a little of what everyone has been going through and I am releaved to know that I am not alone in this roller coaster ride of feeling great one day, pain free then a day or two later I feel like I did at 2 weeks post op, I thought that I might have done some thing wrong. But I know I need to take things slower, mood swings are loads of fun I still have my overies and never had mood swings before, thank goodness for my dogs (pug,rottie,shepard)who love me no matter how wacky I get and if your have trouble going to sleep atnight and your aloud a cold glass of wine(or booz of your choice) and a hot bath works great! FYI :take of you! Cyndi ,
35 year old dumb blond and proud of it!!!!
Unread 03-10-2008, 07:38 AM

Hi

My recovery isn't too bad. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and kept my ovaries. The fact that I had no abdominal cuts has made a huge difference, although I am aware that a lot has gone on internally. I am now 4 weeks and 5 days post op and I have been driving since last week...and have done 1 to 2 hours of walking on an almost daily basis since end of wek three. My kids have kept me busy since week 1!! They have helped a bit and the other half has been very helpful...cooking etc. I do get tired at the end of the day....usually late afternoon. Then I slow right down and go to bed at 8-9pm and sleep pretty much all night until about 6-7am.

I hope you recover well....the secret is to listen to your body and do what feels comfortable for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register