Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 90 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. Well I somehow survived yesterday without having to go to the ER, the pain was so bad on my left side I literally had to drag my left leg to get up and go to the bathroom, didn't eat all day for fear I was going back to surgery. Through out the course of the day I ended up taking 4 Percocet and 2 Xanax (because I was having panic attack after panic attack). Well by 10:00pm I conched out sound asleep and stayed that way until 5:00am, got up and the pain was a little better. It is still there but not as severe as long as I don't turn my torso in either direction, bend over, cough, laugh, cry or anything, I am playing statue today. the DR.s office called and I did not get to the phone in time so I called back and got his nurses voice mail left one and am now still waiting for a return call so who knows? The little bit of relief I have today without having to take any pain meds so far makes me feel better and maybe I just over did it, and if that is what happens when you over do it, I strongly do not recommend it, definately one of the worst days I have ever had in my life!!!!!

I to am a animal lover along with 4 cats, the mother and 3 of her daughters, I have a Black Lab (Billy) and a German Shepard (Jack). Hence, my log in name Billyjack. They all haved helped me so much while I am home alone during this recovery. All 7 of us nap together, each of us has our own bed, but I usually have at least one or two cats in mine and it's funny because it looks like one big slumber party in my bedroom. My DH comes home and finds us that way and he is like oh it must be nice to lay around all day. Men can be so clueless sometimes.

I to find I am inspired by this whole process to make some new positive changes in my life, and I am glad others have been inspired to, Yaaa!!!! we all deserve to be good to ourselves. I know I am going to appreciated even the little things I so took for granted before, whether its just a short walk in the sun without pain or even vaccuming whenever I feel like it, 6 pets in South Florida equals alot of hair all the time, oh well, that's the price you pay for unconditional love.

Enjoy the day,

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy left Ovary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Following your dream

Hi Joy
Just read your post about wanting to write and using this message board as an opportunity and I think that is fantastic. What a great time for you to have the space to write. When else would you have the chance to sit and do nothing but focus on what you want to write about?

What genre of writing inspires you most? Maybe you could post a little of your writing on here for your friends to read?
I am full of support and admiration for you.

Love and hugs
Ally x
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjack
I to am a animal lover along with 4 cats, the mother and 3 of her daughters, I have a Black Lab (Billy) and a German Shepard (Jack). Hence, my log in name Billyjack. They all haved helped me so much while I am home alone during this recovery. All 7 of us nap together, each of us has our own bed, but I usually have at least one or two cats in mine and it's funny because it looks like one big slumber party in my bedroom. My DH comes home and finds us that way and he is like oh it must be nice to lay around all day. Men can be so clueless sometimes.

BillyJack - that is SOOOO awesome! haha. I love it... what a great mental picture you painted. :-)

I'm glad you're feeling better today and that you can rest today. Take it easy... I'm sorry about your rough day yesterday.... oh, I hate the "bad" days. ugh.

Enjoy your cats and dogs!!

I've often wonder what your screen name means, and now I know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM

It's early morning hear in Oz. I'm feeling great physically but not so good mentally. It's got nothing to do with Hyster (I don't think anyway) I just can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I've spent the better part of the last 18 months recovering/suffering from a breakdown. Most of the time I have just sat in a chair, staring at the TV without watching. Put on heaps more weight due to meds/inactivity. And now that I find myself physically well I'm finding it hard to get out of the same old routine.

I've never been a sporty type of person, but about 2 years ago when I first saw the gyno I got stuck into the gym, Walked the treadmill, rode a bike, weights etc and lost a considerable amount of weight reay for an op. (but he persuaded me to put it off for a while) I felt good. I looked good. I know all these things. I'm a fairly smart girl. But I just can't get that feeling back anymore. I know it's an endorfin thing. But my endorfin's have gone...... maybe with my uterous !!!

I think maybe if I rearrange my furniture and therefore prevent that mental habit of sitting in the same place each day I may be able to jump start my life again. I really felt positive in hospital, I had a new life ahead of me, this was a new start. But I'm beginning to feel myself tumbling back into that hole. Anyway I have an appointment with my mental health care professional on Thursday ( as well as my check up with my gyno) I'll talk to her about it. Maybe I'm feeling this way today because it's my birthday on Friday and I'm turning 44.......

Alayne
Unread 03-10-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmax
It's early morning hear in Oz. I'm feeling great physically but not so good mentally. It's got nothing to do with Hyster (I don't think anyway) I just can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I've spent the better part of the last 18 months recovering/suffering from a breakdown. Most of the time I have just sat in a chair, staring at the TV without watching. Put on heaps more weight due to meds/inactivity. And now that I find myself physically well I'm finding it hard to get out of the same old routine.

I've never been a sporty type of person, but about 2 years ago when I first saw the gyno I got stuck into the gym, Walked the treadmill, rode a bike, weights etc and lost a considerable amount of weight reay for an op. (but he persuaded me to put it off for a while) I felt good. I looked good. I know all these things. I'm a fairly smart girl. But I just can't get that feeling back anymore. I know it's an endorfin thing. But my endorfin's have gone...... maybe with my uterous !!!

I think maybe if I rearrange my furniture and therefore prevent that mental habit of sitting in the same place each day I may be able to jump start my life again. I really felt positive in hospital, I had a new life ahead of me, this was a new start. But I'm beginning to feel myself tumbling back into that hole. Anyway I have an appointment with my mental health care professional on Thursday ( as well as my check up with my gyno) I'll talk to her about it. Maybe I'm feeling this way today because it's my birthday on Friday and I'm turning 44.......

Alayne
Alayne,
You've faced a lot of challenges in the last 18 months, you should give yourself a big pat on the back for surviving both the emotional and physical stuff. I know it may not help much, but I just saw recently that mid-life (yes, 44 qualifies) is the time when the majority of the people on this planet (from all parts of the workld, all different incomes etc.) feel most depressed, and this may also sound like a platitude to you, but it will pass. I cannot tell you how/why/when, but this is what several studies have shown. I guess it's a time when most people have "settled down", the excitement of youth is waning, the daily responsibilites have become routine/boring/predictale, and the signs of aging start to show. There's probably even a physiological contributor to this phenomenon. Lack of endorphins, like you mentioned. However, I don't think the uterus is a source of endorfins as such. What you may well have is a bit of a lingering effect from the anesthesia. Especially if you were on meds for your breakdown, there could be residual effects even now. If you were taken off the meds before the surgery, you may be feeling the effects of the "withdrawal" too.
As you said, you'll be talking to your mental health pro later this week, and I'm sure all of us Sisters wish you success in taking your life back from the beast that is depression. What helps? An understanding, good listener, whether a professional or not, but someone who is not there to judge. Being outside, preferably in nature, is always helpful to me. I like your idea of moving things around at your place, but please be mindful of your body, and don't do anything too strenuous! A change may help shift the energy in your room (Feng Shui anyone?). And - I know this may sound trite, but it can give perspective - count your blessings (you've been though heck, you're still alive, you have working body parts and food on the table, a roof over your head, etc., many people have so much less). Consider volunteering in some small way, visiting seniors, or reading for the blind, whatever works for you. As you have seen from many posts, pets bring joy and unconditional love. They also bring responsibility, for sure, but when you are doing things for a loved one it isn't a burden as such.
Be brave, remember to breathe deeply, do something nice for yourself outside the house (a movie, big glossy magazine, a book, manicure, massage, whatever might bring you a few moments of lightness)
You never know what delights await you just around the corner.
And know that we are cheering you on.
Taddywoo
Unread 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM

Almost dying definitely changed things for me. All my senses are so heightened. I have no tolerance for trivial things. I went to a meeting of women who were discussing things for the next meeting. Trying to arrange a caterer and other things just got on my nerves. I kept thinking, if we don't have anything to eat at the meeting, would that be the end of the world? I just find myself incapable of hearing others whine because the streamers don't match the table cloths.
As for running, I had started running 6-7 miles per week before my bed rest. Now after 100 + days of resting, I am so out of shape. I am hoping to get back to it sometime.
Each of you have so much for which to be grateful! It is inspiring to listen to each of you! Many blessings to you all!
Unread 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle4life
I have no tolerance for trivial things. I went to a meeting of women who were discussing things for the next meeting. Trying to arrange a caterer and other things just got on my nerves. I kept thinking, if we don't have anything to eat at the meeting, would that be the end of the world? I just find myself incapable of hearing others whine because the streamers don't match the table cloths.
sle4life: I could NOT agree with you more on this one.... I could have written that myself about many situations I've been in before. I agree so much.... there is SOOOOO much in life people don't see or pass by because they are so focused on the trivial things.... anyway.... I have to p/u my kids from school now, so gotta go.... but just wanted to say how much I agree with you on this!! :-)

I'm so happy that you survived your experience and you probably feel like you have a second chance a life! That is amazing!

-Kathy
Unread 03-10-2008, 04:02 PM

Afternoon all.. Well i made it thru 4 hours at work. I am soooooooo tired.. partly from no sleep last night. I was so slow at work today! We went thru a software conversion in my office before I left to have the surgery, and while everyone else has had the past 5 weeks to get up to speed on it, i havent, so i sat at the front desk, and did just that today. I felt so out of sync... slow... just not "with it". I left just as the office was getting busy, after school and evening are the busiest times, but i was worn out. My staff understands, and so it was fine, but i felt so...not in control i guess..lol.. and I am always in control! I know its just getting back into the groove and I will, but honestly i found myself wishing i was home! Ive been in the optometric field for 20 years, I enjoy what i do, and like a lot of you, i run from day to day without much time to relax. Being home like this so much of it by myself has made me realize its time, past time to take some time for myself. My friend who has taught me so much about digital photography has been retired for 15 years....as we got to working together more and more, he would sometimes start the "lesson" by taking my watch! "just shoot," he would say..forget time dinner, the dog, cleaning, just shoot. I need to do more of that. Its really not that i dont have the time, just doing it. "Living in the moment"... thats what he calls it.
Anyway, im home... took a 1/2 vicodin cause i was really sore, am going to veg out the rest of the afternoon/evening.... and hopefully sleep tonight!
Unread 03-10-2008, 04:51 PM

[b]If you rearrange furniture you could have another prolapse! Please don't!
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM

sle4life---After almost dying from morphine detox and withdrawl from first surgery I understand about things changing. My senses are also heightened and colors are more vibrant. I am going to be the woman that I always wanted to be and really are down deep. No more putting up with things and not saying anything. I have been taking more time for myself which in turn has transfered over to my family. Of course I am happier with myself, the world and how I handle things which in turn makes the family happier. As they say don't sweat the small stuff. I really don't know why it takes a near death to jog us into realization that we had abandoned ourselves.

Welll lost my train of thought, little brain fog left (crap)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register