Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Taddywoo

Thankyou for your thoughts. Don't worry I'll get the children (17, 15 & 12) to move any furniture.I'm not going back to the castle.

Alayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 08:18 PM

Evening all...

Well it would seem that after spending yesterday afternoon enjoying myself, my body decided to force the sleep today. I didn't drag my butt out of bed until after noon! DP's response was, "it's alive" haha. The rest of my day was spent doing nothing but reading and watching TV. This vegetation thing is getting on my nerves.

Exercise and running...I grew up in a family where my father was very athletic and my mother wasn't. From the age of 13 on, my father raised me, so I took more influence from him, although you'd never know it now. My father took his athleticism to insane levels - used to tell the story of being in college, breaking his leg skiing, wrapping/splinting it and going back out on the mountain. The man was nuts. I, on the other hand, tried team sports like softball and was always the kid who couldn't get a hit if it was handed to me. My face didn't like the volleyball either. Didn't help in the self esteem department. I loved skiing, weightlifting and swimming, mostly skiing, but around age 20, for lack of funds (stopped soaking off dad), stopped skiing. Then I was injured...yadda yadda. I finally got back to it, once, and have promised myself ever since that I'll make it a habit. Uh huh. Next year. Running...tried it, didn't like it. My sister loves it, although not into racing. She's got the long legs, I had the stumps. Cycling, another one of my father's favs, is one of the reasons why I did the AIDS Rides years ago, to honor and remember him. During training, however, I realized how much I don't like it. I've done a couple of 5Ks, but nothing major since. Give me a nice, paved pathway or trail through the woods, my wheelchair, and I'm going as far as I can. My crutches take me to some wild and distant places, but always under the watchful and paranoid eye of my DP.

Pets...we have 3 dogs, a cat and 3 birds. The dogs are all mixed - lab/cocker is Maggie, sheltie/samoyed is Jack and poodle/shi tzu is Pepe (we didn't name him). The cat, Bella, was just on my desk, freaked out by the sound coming from my new speakers...had to love it. The birds, eh, not feeling the love but can't convince DP it's time to let them go to better homes. The furry kids are definitely our kids, although even after almost 5 years, Jack and Pepe still feel the need to convince each other that one is superior. We need to keep buying cheap paper towels and trying not to kill them.

Otherwise, life in general I guess is good. I've been having brown spotting/discharge for a few days. I know it's pretty typical, but now that it's getting stinky, I'm going to call my doc tomorrow and see if he wants to see me. Joys. I've also got some stabbing pain in my lower left, near the pubic bone. Not sure what that is, although it's probably all part of the healing process, and with internal stitches dissolving, probably the ligaments and other tissues settling into place.

That's about it for now I guess. Glad to see everyone is basically in good shape, although a few bumps along the way. For those having a hard time, hang in there and know you're not alone.

Roberta
Unread 03-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Are you still bleeding? I see we had surgery the same day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 11:07 PM

Hey everyone

See the time? it's 12:51am here for me haha I'm trying to break my cycle I have noticed I'm in. I have seen myself posting at 2,3,4 in the morning! I have my doctor appointment tomorrow morning (9:30). I'm nervous. I have my list of questions ready. I had my daughter (7) stay home today because she is still sick. She wants to try to go to school tomorrow (we'll see). DH stayed home so I could go run errands I hadnt gotten around to on Friday. He watched DD and waited for the gas company to call that they were on their way. It was so sweet of him, he let me sleep in we even got to cuddle a little. I finally got myself out of bed (I can't believe the back pain I have been having in the morning) and went to the post office, then the bank, grocery store to pick up some more water and milk, then to Lowe's to get A/C filter for the new house, then finally home again.

Ally, you asked about life changing etc. My New Year's resolution this year was "self improvement" I started with the surgery for my health, I quit smoking and quit drinking soda the same day of my surgery. (5 weeks wow) Next, I plan on slowly beginning to use my gym membership I've had for four years and barely used.

Tomorrow I go to the doctor, on my way home I am going to try to stop by the gym and talk to the personal trainer. At least get an idea after talking to my doctor what I can start with.. even if it's the treadmill. I have an iPod itching to be put to the use it was intended haha.

Well, I'm going to try to sleep... I think for me it's not completely the hyster. I think alot of it is that fact I'm naturally a night owl. I go to bed normally at 11pm and wake up at 5am usually. With me not having to work I dont "have" to go sleep.I didn't have a problem in the first part of post op, I slept alot. I believe it began when I started feeling more comfortable to sit at the computer, in front of TV, or curled in bed reading my books. I think with knowing work is around the corner I can bounce back into my routine. I'll also discuss this with my doctor.

I want to thank everyone, I woudn't have thought of half the things I had written down to ask the doctor had it not been for you guys and this site.

Speaking of all the changing we're going through.....

~Sass
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, it's 10:30 PM here and I'm fading. Today I did a "first" since my surgery.... I actually went out to a store today!! haha!!! I have not wanted to go to any store up until the last couple days mostly because I just didn't want it to wipe me out completely, and I also still walk kind of slow, so I didn't want people to stare at me wondering what is wrong. But, mostly, I just had no desire to get out to any stores.

But, I went to a store (a store similar to Target), and was there for about 10 minutes... bought a couple things I needed (got the kid's easter baskets, stuff like that).... just light stuff so I didn't have to carry much, and then drove home. It was freeing to be able to finally get out like that!!

I took 2 naps today, though. My body is tired tonight, and achy. I have a big day tomorrow because I teach my class tomorrow, so I HOPE I'll feel OK in the morning when I get up being I had a bigger day today. Well, I'll get home by 12:00 from my class, and the kids don't get home from school till 3 PM, so I can crawl into my bed at 12:00 adn go to sleep if I'm wiped out...

Wednesday, I have NO plans.... although, my brother in-law is creating this new business, and he has his webiste up and he wants me to test it for him.... he wants to come over on Wednesday morning and says it'll take about 2 hours for me to test it and give him feedback. He lives in New York City and is only here for a few days. Wednesday is the ONLY day that worked for both him and me, but Wednesday is the only day this week I have NOTHIGN planned. So, i did warn him that my energy might be low, and I may not make it the whole 2 hours....

I want to support him, though, because he's been working for about 2 years on building up this business idea, and he's really excited about it... so I told him I'll be in my PJ's laying on the couch while testing this web site for him on Wednesday. haha. I told him he has to bring me a Starbuck's coffee, though. HAHA!

I hope everyone gets some good sleep tonight.... Roberta, sounds like you got some great sleep today!! Good for you.... and wow, your dad... intense athlete!! I have a friend who ran an entire marathon in an Ironman Triathlon with a fractured collar bone!! Insane!!!! She crashed on her bike, and fractured her collar bone, but got up and finsihed her bike section and did the full marathon in complete pain... I am not like that... I'm not that intense of an athlete for sure. But, some people will not let anything stop them!!

Sass --- good for you for quitting smoking!! That is hard to do, I'm sure. And, also good job on getting off the soda. Years ago (in my teens and early 20's), I drank TONS of soda... I was addicted to it. But, then when I was about 25 years old, someone made me aware how much sugar was in just one can of soda, and that alone made me quit. I had no idea. I haven't drank any soda since, with the exception of a sip like 3 times a year, literally.... sometimes, weirdly enough, I'll get a craving for a 7-up. It's so strange. And, so I'll open one, and take like 2 sips and then my craving is gone, and I'm better. Weird. But, when I take a sip, it doesn't even taste that great at all now... I cannot handle even a sip of Pepsi or Coke. They taste like syrup to me.

Tell us about your doctor's appointment tomorrow!!! Mine is Friday!

I'm both excited and nervous about my dr. appt. I'm excited because it signifies the "end" of this recovery (which I don't really think it'll be the end), but I'm nervous because I feel like since I'm not 100% yet I should still be under my doctor's care even after 6 weeks. I'm going to ask him on Friday if I could make an appointment with him in like a month from now just to check in on how I'm doign.... I can always cancel it if I feel I don't need it... but there is this part of me that feels it's still to soon to be "let free". Does anyone else feel that way, or is it just me???

Ok, I need to get to bed soon...

Great to talk to all of you ladies! I told my sister-in-law today about this web site (my Brother-in-law's wife .... this is my DH's brother and his wife)... who are from NY about this web site, and she started to laugh. I asked her what was so funny, and she thought it was really goofy that women talk daily about their hysterectomies.

So, I told her , "until you walk in ONES shoes, honey, you do not make those kinds of judgements." She quit laughing then. haha. I told her this has been my only support because as SHE can tell, if you haven't been through it, you can't really understand.

Oh well.... people can think "hysterSisters" is goofy, but it has been the ONE thing that has helped me get through all of this, and you ALL have been a true blessing to me! I'm so glad I scheduled my surgery for Feb. 4 because otherwise I would not have "met" all of you....

Have a good night everyone! (of course, probably most of you are sleeping, or laying in bed wishing you were asleep!)

-Kathy
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:42 AM

Good Morning all,

It is around 3:30 am here and I am up and ready to take on the world, except I have nothing to do, LOL, I know someday I will look back on this time and think wow I wish I had some of that time back to do nothing. Except that you can't do anything that you want to do, quite a dilema we are in.

The pain on my lower left side is non existent this morning (how can this be?) after being in severe pain for days and then "blink" it is gone". What a weird rollarcoaster ride we have all been on, Walt Disney or Steven Speilberg couldn't come up with anything close to this!!!!!

Gizmax,
I think I know and have been in the funk you are experiencing now, and If it is similiar then I do know that " it" as my mother would always say "this to shall pass". One thing I do when I have found myself in a funk crossroads that always helps me is to go to the library and take out a stack of books on all sorts of subjects that interest me. Stuff like exercising, gardening, cooking, animals, home projects, redecorating, you name it and I have read it!!!!! But the end result is I always find something that I want to do or try that I have not done before and off I go with a new project, LOL
also now while we are healing the reading part is good for us but at the same time we can sit and plot out a project or new direction for when we feel better. Just one suggestion, but do talk to your Dr. also about the way you are feeling you may need more than a book to pull you up. Feel better!!!

It is funny because I know some DH/DP's dread their significant others going to the mall to shop but my DH get leary when I go to the library because he knows he is going to be the one doing all the heavy laboring work, like the time I had him go to Home Depot with me to transport 100 stepping stones back to the house because I was going to create a new walkway in the yard to a sitting garden. Well he had to put down the heavy stones in the pattern I set out for him, but it is still the path to no where right now because I didn't get around to finishing that project before I started a new one. LOL it chaps him everytime he looks out at that part of the yard and I can't help but laugh, but he is a good sport. Well I got myself laughing now anyway, and laughter is the best medicine.

I'll be laughing about the stone thing all morning and he'll have no idea why, what a great way to start the day!!!!

Everyone have a great morning,

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy of left Ovary
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Morning All

Wow, everyone was busy posting last night! It is fantastic to get up and read all the news, and Kathy I couldnt agree more about your sister in law and others like her. My DH thinks I am insane to want to read/talk about the hyster with as he says "complete strangers". But I have told hin
a) they are not strangers they are new friends and
b) does he want to listen to me and share his experiences of his hyster . . . oh no I forgot he cant can he ??lol

Today is a BIG day, I am going out for lunch with my mum. She is going to pick me up around 12 and drive me to the local garden centre which also has a lovely little restaurant with home cooked food so I am looking forward to it on so many levels. Which is really what sle4life was saying, focus on the NOW, live in the moment and dont get caught up in the minutae of life. Has anyone else read any of Echart Tolle's books? They focus on the being present in the moment.

We can get so upset and overly concerned about what we should have done, or should be doing and forget to be kind to ourselves about how much we have achieved. A great quote I read ages ago said "Worry is a debt you might never have to repay". Cant remember where but its definitely true.

Well I am off now, shower, dry my hair (instead of just scraping it into a scrunchie), put some make up on (this is sounding very much like getting ready for work) and then go and enjoy lunch. Yippee !!!!

Catch up later

Ally xx
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:05 AM
Time to giggle

[quote=billyjack]Good Morning all,

It is around 3:30 am here and I am up and ready to take on the world, except I have nothing to do, LOL, I know someday I will look back on this time and think wow I wish I had some of that time back to do nothing. Except that you can't do anything that you want to do, quite a dilema we are in.

HI BillyJack

That is so true. All this time but not in the way I would wish. I must admit to being a bit naieve before the surgery. When my Dr said I could be off work 8-12 weeks I thought of all the fun things I could do in that time, like get some decorating done, do some gardening projects etc etc Oh how I laugh now!

And speaking of laughing I have discovered YouTube - yes I know the rest of the world has been there for ever but I have never looked before, never had the time. And I just have to share the funniest little video ever, its of two little boys and it made me laugh out loud. If you want to see it just type "charley bit me" in the search bit of YouTube. Anyone with kids will have a similar memory of sibling play.

Enjoy what the day brings

Ally x
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:35 AM

Question.... I saw someone else mention "brain fog" and I wondered if it was what I was experiencing or if others are experiencing.

I can be in the middle of a sentence and forget a word.. not a big seldom used word but a normal word and I just cant grasp it. It is like my brain is a record and occationally it just starts skipping. I was oredering food the other day talking with a friend and telling him about a favorite restaurant of mine in Newport Beach Ca. Anyway during this conversation I completely forgot the type of food it was.. I remembered the actual food but not the country of origin. It took me like 10 minutes to grasp it all the while I am like what the heck is wrong with me?? Then today I did it again. My friend came over to help me groom my doggies and I said to her.. "you know whats funny"? Then blank.... I totally forgot what I was going to say! I still have no clue what it was.

I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I wonder was it the drugs from surgery and after or am I just losing my mind?

Well I better get to bed, it is almost 2am. I had a busy busy day again and I am hoping to sit around on my butt all day tomorrow :-)

Cindy
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:43 AM

Hi everyone...

Ok, for all of you who cannot sleep tonight... I'm joining your club. ugh. It's 1:30 AM here in Seattle and I've been in bed for 2 hours, and just tossing and turning, so I finally got up. I may have dozed in and out, but for the most part, i've been awake.

I think I just have a lot on my mind.... anyway.... so I got on my computer only to find even more posts! :-)

Gizmax -- I hadn't had a chance to respond to your post yet, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are. It is so hard when lack of motivation hits. That has happened to me before, and sometimes I just have to force myself, literally, to just get out and do something and I tell myself I'll enjoy it. haha. Then, I find I do enjoy it. haha. I think BillyJack had a great suggestion... go and check out some books from the local library on all sorts of subjects or topics or activities and browse through them or read them, and then that might help spark an interst. :-) Or, get some magazines and start reading through them and see what hits your interests.

Well, keep us posted on how you are!!! Tell us how the appointment goes with the counselor. We all have been through so much, and though you say you don't think this is related to the hysterectomy, it might be, but you just may not know. Our bodies have been through a lot of trauma, and when we go through trauma, our bodies and brains react in strange ways to get through the recovery.

Oh, and happy almost birthday!! Over here in America, 44 is the new 24! :-) Isn't 50 the new 30 here, too?? Age is only a number.... :-)

BillyJack: (I have to say whenever I see your screen name now, I think of your dogs!! haha).... anyway what you wrote here:

The pain on my lower left side is non existent this morning (how can this be?) after being in severe pain for days and then "blink" it is gone". What a weird rollarcoaster ride we have all been on, Walt Disney or Steven Speilberg couldn't come up with anything close to this!!!!!

is so right on!! You and I think a lot a like... it seems like when I read your posts, I think, "I could have written that!!" haha. I also remember thinking pre-surgery.... "6 weeks off.... I have so many things I can get done during this time that I've been putting off." haha.... That did NOT happen!!

I love your Disney and Speilberg comment.... haha!!! What a great description. :-)

Ally: have FUN on your big outing. tell us all about it!! I am sure you'll have a great time. :-)

I watched the "charlie bit me" on You Tube... that is so cute. My kids still do that kind of stuff... haha.

Ally - where in England do you live? You're from England, right?? Sorry if I'm wrong. I love London... we go there once a year... I'm heading over there in May. :-) I saw in the news tonight about severe wind storms in London... did you get those storms?

Ok, everyone... well, i really hope I can go to sleep soon.... I have to teach my class in 7 1/2 hours, and I need to get some sleep between now and then... ugh. Oh well.... at least I know when I get home, I can take a nap.

Take care everyone...

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register