Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Walking and HRT

Hi guys

I have been for a lovely - but very windy - walk. And i am now back at home feeling like I can maybe see a light at the end of the tunnely (and for once I dont think it is the light of the oncoming train lol) I posted elsewhere that there is a link between excercise and the amount of HRT one needs. So far I havent taken HRT and am feeling great - just me, not saying that is the right thing for everyone and I know it is early days.

Anyway back to the excercise. I know most of us arent up to doing loads of strenuous stuff yet but the research I have done says that 10,000 steps per day is eneough. I am nowhere near that yet but I want to inspire and motivate myself so I have ordered a step counter so that I can set myself little goals.

Anyone else feel like doing the same so that we can motivate each other, not to compete or anything like that, as we all will progress at different rates, but it might be fun??

Hugs and laughter
Ally x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Good morning, uh, guess afternoon, got up a bit late, LOL. Glad to see so many doing well. I'm ok today, this past weekend was horrible. I felt worse than I did at 2 weeks out. I overdid it, we had relatives staying with us and of course everyone wants to GO GO GO. Actually broke out the Percocet again one day!

LovestoRun, I hope nothing but the best for your mom, I'll be sending positive vibes for her. I'm sure that's extremely scary!
I lost both my parents 2 years ago almost to the day, and they were so young. I don't care how old you are, you need your parents, everyday I wish they were here.

I'm sooo jealous of those who havn't had many bad days and had a great recovery!! I'm getting there, though, just lagging behind, like usual! I know it could be worse, I feel for those of you that are having some problems.
Off to do taxes, maybe I should take a percocet first, then blame the mistakes on my state of mind! HA HA
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Ally:

I'm game to "research" this idea! With the new pup, I walk everyday now (excepting heavy rain when we play ball in the hallway so he can run his energy off). Koda (my new pup) is just the incentive I need to get me out and about on walkabouts. I'll look into a step counter when I'm out getting the Mederma to reduce scar visibility (Dr's recommendation). =)

I'm off to get ready to go into the office for a couple of hours so I'll be back later this afternoon...can't wait to read up on all I'm going to miss between now and then!

Thanks, ladies, for being who you are and sharing yourselves so openly...it so very much adds to the overall healing process!

Julia
~~~~~
47yo moving forward
02/05/08: TAH BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:35 AM

Ally - The step counter is a great idea. I'm totally lacking in the 'competative' department, so there's no need to try to outdo each other. It will be something measurable to track our own recovery.

A funny story about the 'bump' - There was a manager at work (that I was not very fond of) that went by the nickname 'Cubby'. About the same time of my hysterectomy diagnosis, he announce his plans to relocate to another state. So I named my bump "Little Cubby" because they both were a pain in the rear end and I was getting rid of both of them. Ha!
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Hi Ally
I actually had been using a pedometer to help me gauge whether I was doing enough, too much, whatever...it was a really nice one, and I lost it.:-(
I am going back to the soccer practice field today so I can see if I lost it there, if not I will get another. I was up to about 8000--that is about 4 miles...so I was feeling pretty good about that part of recovery.
My doc said I could start jogging gently by now but given how anything extra hurts, I am not about to try it. I figure I will go back to swimming soon, and try weights and running (which I do VEERRRY slowly, don't think I am anywhere near LTR league) in a couple of months. I am absolutely terrified of adhesions!
About the "bump"...
When I was pregnant with my first kid, I had a large bump which my DH and I thought was my baby's foot or hand, and felt very affectionate towards. Then my doc told me it was a fibroid that had grown during pregnancy and would shrink afterwards (as indeed it did). What a letdown! But that's how I know that I had fibroids for 16 years, and only in the last year or two did any cause me trouble...
Deb
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM

Afternoon all... Im having a better day today than yesterday, but im not working today either. Yesterday was a really bad day, and i truly thought i had done some damage.. lots of swelly belly, pain, but today i feel better. Still achy, but i actually slept last night ( 2 vicodin) . I had decided yesterday to stay home today and force myself to take it easy. When i got up this morning i thought of going in but my husband told me i was nuts after yesterday and hes right, so im going to take it easy.
Im convinced part of the problem yesterday was emotional, leading to physical symptoms. My staff is great, but they are feeling the effects of being so short staffed for so long, and yesterday i guess they all (including one of the DRS.) decided i was well enough to hear a few "gripes"..lol.. I take all of that to heart, always have, and somehow make it my responsibility... I know thats crazy, but i am the glue in the office and i do feel a responsibility to have it run well and function as it should. Anyway, i did nothing physical that i have not done already, but trying to appease a few people, suggest some solutions, remind them it will get better when i and another staff get back.. just took its toll. I felt guilty about not being there, guilty that they were stuck carrying a heavier load than they are used to, just guilty..I think it translated into feeling physically worse. IF that makes any sense. Its the only reason i can come with as to why i felt so lousy yesterday, that and lack of sleep for 4 nights straight.
So..today Im taking care of myself... if i go in i will just feel bad again and Im not ready to take on the responsibiiity of fixing it. I know sometimes people just need to vent, but truly these were all legitimate issues that we do need to solve..guess i felt overwhelmed too.
Kathy... your mom will be in my prayers... let us know how she does.
To all of you homeschooling... wow! lol .. i admire you.... my kids went to a great private school, but i understand wanting to control the education process.
Id be up for some support on the exercise side... its going to be a few more weeks for me though.. it will be 6 weeks next Monday, and i cannot imagine being ready to "back to normal" Like you Kathy, im thinking more like 8-10. I feel soooooooooo slow sometimes!
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM

Good morning Ladies,

You guys have been busy posting yesterday and today. I figured since I was being so grumpy yesterday I would limit myself to one whinny post as I love the positive posts and they are motivators to me and I dont want to bog anyone down. At the same time I do think it is ok to post what is going on with us when it is not good but just not to dwell in it.

Kathy... I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will pray for the best possible outcome for you and her. As you know being there for her and being positive will go a long way in helping her through this difficult time. I wish I would have known of this site pre-op I had to go through that alone and it was much harder (hubby was here for me but since he does not have the same body parts it is harder to relate).

Julia... I agree with Kathy, dont feel bad about a quicker recovery.. it is something for us all to aspire too and good to hear! I think it was your post I am not sure but you asked the question "to much information"? I laughed at reading that! Ladies think back to week 1 post op. Did any of us actually imagine talking about gas and BM's with anyone before then?? lol How about the odors some have encountered? The state of our VaJJ"s at different times of recovery.... meaning there is no such thing as TMI between sisters... oh dont forget the big O too!! lol

I am convinced my grumpiness yesterday was hormonal (although I do still have my ovaries). I have two pimples and I had the night sweats really bad last night. I woke up at least 3 or 4 times with my neck and hair wet. It must just be PMS. But what do we call it now since the M is out of the equation? I can tell you my husband has several names for it.. not that I can say them here! lol

Ok also I caught something about not being comfortable in heals for 6 months... GASP! I hope that is not the case! I loooove shoes and want to be able to wear heals. I am 5'2" I neeeeeed my heals! Oh well if that is the case I will look at the bright side.. If I cant wear them I wont buy them so that should save us a bit of money there!

Well I am off to start the day. I am determined to rest, relax and be positive. I don't like being grumpy so I am going to be happy today.. That ought to really confuse my DH one day grumpy next day happy.. poor thing he will probably be the one needing meds by the time I am through this whole process.

Much Love Sisters,
Cindy
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:51 AM

HI Deb

Maybe I just have weird sense of humour but I just read your post and it made me giggle, dont really know why but just the thought of thinking all affectionately only to find out it was an interloper.

Great to hear how well you are progressing with the walking, I hope to have my counter asap and then I can start to assess my own progress. Keep up the great work.

Hugs
Ally x
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:56 AM

LTR--My DH has to take another PSA test on monday. Of course before the first test he did not know there were a few things that you are not to do. No caffine, no alieve, no sex, limit or no red meat, and something else. Blew it on all acounts, so we are hoping that is the reason for the slightly raised PSA. If it comes back lower then no prob. If not then we will do the next step. Thanks for you concern
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM

Hi Cindy

I think whiny posts are just fine, if we cant be honest and vent on here then where can we? When I am at work I am the leader, the motivator, the up and at em gal, but sometims that isnt really how I feel, and I find mysefl still doing that at times with my recovery. You know when friends call and you say yeah yeah I am doing much better, when really you feel like S*** So on here I think its just great that we can post one minute to feeling fine and then come on later to have a good old whine.

So today is a great day for me, last week was full of guilt at not doing more than I am so who knows what tomorrow will be. But bring it on and one way or another we will all get through this.

Ally xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register