Bleeding at 3 months? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding at 3 months? Bleeding at 3 months?

Unread 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Bleeding at 3 months?

I know i just really should call my dr. But Saturday I noticed some bleeding.

But here is what has been going on that seems relevant possibly for when I work past the fear and call my dr in an hour.

Three weeks ago, before leaving on a business trip, horibly painful sexual intercorse. The pain lingered (though mild) on the right side for about a week. Which I explained by saying it was from lugging luggage through the airport.

I also had a what I explained away as a stomache bug. I was out of the country and had very loose bowel movements for about a week with stomach cramps.

I changed time zones and was ahead 5 hours of my "normal" time zone. I never recovered from jet lag and was exhausted for three weeks, except the one day I slept until 1pm.

And you know, in the back of my mind I kept thinking, if its like this when I get home, I need to call the dr.

So then Saturday the blood for what I could see as no valid reason (except the lugging of luggage?) Still blood on Sunday, but engaged again in s-e-x and this time there was no pain. But again, the lingering slight pain on the righ side.

Better safe than sorry right? I should call. I have another business trip in a week, and I'd hate to be very far from the one dr I trust if something goes wrong, and I could have had it checked out when I was home.

Right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Bleeding at 3 months?

Yes, I think that calling your dr is a smart thing to do. I think that it's always best to be cautious.

Please let us know what you learn.

S
Unread 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Bleeding at 3 months?

I got an apointment at 2:15 tomorrow. The Nurse double booked the dr to fit me in

Now I just have to wait until tomorrow but I feel better I got the apointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Bleeding at 3 months?

I love my dr. He notices my hair color is different everytime I see him. (and different for no particular reason, I don't think I dyed my hair since my surgrey so its a bit faded) But he just generally remembers I am his patient. If only I could find a GP like him I'd be all set.

He wasn't concerned at all about the bleeding. He said the bleeding was because there is a small piece of healthy tissue sticking out, as opposed to scar tissue. If it becomes troublesome a 10 minute procedure would seal it all up and he promised I'd be asleep for it. But he did a pap just to be sure everything was ok. (yayyyyy!!! I think I would do a pap every 3 weeks if my insurance would allow it... call me paraniod )

He was concerned about the pain. He thought that perhaps during s-e-x a cyst burst because he didn't feel anything, and so we are taking a wait and see apprach where if I still have pain problems he'll do an ultrasound. So I go back in in April regardless.

Much more relaxed having been to the dr, even if it was to just hear everything is fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register