any sisters have PCOS & total hyster? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any sisters have PCOS & total hyster? any sisters have PCOS & total hyster?

Unread 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
any sisters have PCOS & total hyster?

LSH112 I suggest you check out this forum, just like this one but for PCOS (if you haven't already) lots of info and helpful ladies!

http://www.soulcysters.net/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 06:32 AM

Good golly! I had PCOS for almost 20 years before my total hysterectomy on Dec 3. I asked my doctor before the surgery if it would "cure" it. He said YES!!! Now after the surgery and all that's happened since, I would gladly punch him in the face if I knew I could get away with it. I think it's time to change doctors. My face is more broken out now than ever, I'm STILL in pain, although he took my ovaries and everything else out. Does anyone know if it's illegal in the state of Alabama to kick your doctors kneecaps out?
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:02 AM

one more thing, do any of you take estrogen (i was given a patch)? My doctor gave me the highest dosage and I don't want to use it because I want the lowest dose they make, I'm so scared of the bad side effects!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM

FAIFYLOU:

Hi there! Well my stupid Dr. told me the same thing...that NO ovaries would cure my troubles.

Well, like I said, it's been 3 months for me, and nothing has improved - not even a little bit, and I still have pain. If you know how to send me a private message, feel free to do so (I'm computer challenged).

We could compare notes. Good luck to you.

DODGEGAL04:

No hormones for me...scared to death of them. My mom died of pre-meno breast cancer. She was in her 30's when diagnosed, and I've had 3 tumors already (benign). I have no options.
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:14 AM

FAIFYLOU,

Thanks for the info! I'm scared of blood clots, breast lumps, strokes!! Do you have hot flashes?? I've had a few so that is why I was told to use the patch.
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:16 AM

LSH112, sorry, that last reply was supposed to be sent to you about the estrogen! Hot flashes at all????
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM

DODGEGAL:

Oh, yepper...the hot flashes are there daily, but don't get to me as much as the NIGHT SWEATS !!!!! OMG, I get no sleep. In fact, I have such a horrible headache today from being awake most of the night. I have terrible insomnia, and then when I do finally fall asleep, the sweats awaken me.

Not only do I have a family history of breast cancer, but both sides of my family have a very bad history of blood clots. Two relatives died suddenly from them, and I have been strongly advised to stay away from the hormones due to that also.

I will not do those bioidentical hormones either...nor will I even do estrogen creams. They are absorbed into your system, and I am not taking chances. I guess I'm just going to be sweaty, tired, and wrinkled. Not a fun thought.
Unread 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM

dodgegal04 - oh yeah.. hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, achy all the time, feel like I'm about 88. (I'm 34)
I don't even wash dishes or laundry anymore. DH takes care of all that. I still don't drive, don't cook. I can shower myself- can't do baths yet till the incisions are healed completely. I HAVE found I can go crazy ALL by myself. If I didn't have ambien and many BeeGees cds, I think I would be living in loony town already.
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Anyone tried nutritional sources like soy? I know the literature is limited but I have increased my soy intake (soy milk, tofu etc) and have noticed a significant decrease in my night sweats, also heard Yams have phytoestrogen...no harm to ask your doc about nutriceuticals. Gogi juice and berries have huge antioxidant properties...good for the body's overall health and healing. I ran it by my surgeon and she did say ok to try - some people do well with nutritional sources...ask your MD and see what they think - I have definitey seen benefit
Unread 02-15-2008, 06:48 PM

My doctor has put me on the Combipatch. I had a total hyst in June 07 with removal of cervix and left ovary and appendix. I was told that you always have PCOS. The symptoms can be treated but there is not cure for it. Just like Endometriosis. I had a perfectly clear face before my surgery and now I have bad acne! The hysterectomy has really upset my system and my hormones. My pharmacist told me that it takes a good year or more to get everything back to normal. My doctor put me on the Combipatch because I had severe Endo and he did not want me to take straight estrogen right now. So far the Combipatch has helped me to sleep and it has helped with the hot flashes and night sweats and mood swings. I have not been on it long. So hopefully I will continue to see results and maybe it will help my acne go away. I also try to eat healthy and I take supplements. I drink soy milk and I take fish oil and vitamin E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register