muscle and joint pain - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

muscle and joint pain muscle and joint pain

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:43 PM
muscle and joint pain

Ladies, you just don't know HOW MUCH this thread means to me. I am 4 months post op as of this past Sunday and I'm maneuvering worse than I did when I was 2 weeks post op. I don't have a muscle or a joint that doesn't hurt. I thought I was a wimp because I can't move around well and I have to "convince" my body to get up from a sitting position.

Like mostly everyone here has already mentioned, I thought I was going crazy because of having this. I am thankful for the hints and suggestions and hope that we all feel better soon.

Thanks again!! You don't know how much this has encouraged me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM
muscle and joint pain

I know how you feel. I was relieved when I found this thread. We will all recovery totally.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
A Suggestion and Update

I have found some relief by taking glucosamine and chondroitin supplements. There are a boatload of them in any drugstore. I am taking a liquid form (Wellesse) and have been helped dramatically by this. I'm not my "old" self, but I can bend and move now without grunting.

Maybe this can be a solution for some of you.

Toni
-----------------
TAH/BSO and no HRT (and still doing o.k.!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
muscle and joint pain

That is interesting about the glucosamine and chondoitin as I also begain taking it right after I first posted to this comment. Within the first week I noticed a major improvement. Like you say...not all well but much better. It works better than taking motrin daily!
Unread 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM
muscle and joint pain

My left arm always hurts and aches from the shoulder to the elbow. Sleeping is a tough task. I am keeping the icy/hot people is business (just heard they may be taking it off the market!). Anybody else have this in the arm?
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
muscle and joint pain

I have the exact same pain from the shoulder to the elbow in the left arm.
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:19 PM
muscle and joint pain

I have it in my right arm and my oncologist did all kinds of mobility tests today (I was there for B.C. follow-up) and she said that even though I am 6 weeks post op that she thought that it was from the surgery. Being on the table that my rotator cup in my shoulder may have been tweaked or that some nerves could have been pinched. She said it may take a couple of months to get better (sigh) She told me that if it still hurts in a couple of months to get some physical therapy on it. Lincoln lady, has yours been hurting since your hysterectomy? Have you asked a dr? If so, what did he/she say? I see that you are several months out now.
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
muscle and joint pain

okay I don't know if this is the same, but my muscles in my chest and around my ribs hurt (front and back. I have had 2 EKG's my heart is fine, but I can't take the discomfort any more. Sound familiar?
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:14 PM
muscle and joint pain

Oh yes...I sometimes feel like I was ran over by a steamroller. My whole will ache to the point that I cry because the pain is so bad. Nothing really has helped.

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:28 AM
muscle and joint pain

I was starting for feel like a baby. I've just felt "blah" since my surgery. I still have pain from the surgery and the pain I had before the surgery (the reason I had it in the first place) is back in full force. Now my hips hurt constantly. I've never had hip pain in my life. I have a really busy life with an active family and this is hampering my activities with everyone. I see the Dr. Thursday. I have to talk to her about some sort of pain management. It is so depressing to feel this way all the time.

LSH - Kept ovaries
age 45

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register