12 days after my...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 days after my...... 12 days after my......

Unread 02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
12 days after my......

First of all I want to say Hi! Is my first day here and I'm suprised that I found a forum like this.

Second,my first language is Spanish so maybe the're are some things not be well written.

Third, today is the day 12 after my Hysterectomy and I feel REALLY BAD. It hurt and is swollen; I can't be seatted or in bed, I can't walk or stay sit,because it hurts anyway.

I put a hot pad, but it won't help.

Can some of you girls, have a better advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
12 days after my......

First of all...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. From my experience, the 10th - 13th days were the worst. I was taking little to know pain meds and everytime I turned my body wrong the pain would come. I, too, could never get comfortable.

What is making you more uncomfortable, the swelling or the incision site? What procedure did you have?

How are you incisions looking? Are they healing well? Do you have a fever? Are you still taking pain meds?

I would say if the pain continues, contact your dr.

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
12 days after....

Thank you for take time to read my post.

My hyst. was abdominal with horizontal incition. My doctor take out the stitches and tell me that evrything are OK. the incition isn't red, and I have no fever.

But, oh my gosh; the sweeling! It's driving me crazy! I can't stay in a position more than 5 or 10 minutes. The pain killers didn't work anymore.

I can't write anymore. My back hurts. That's really what I need now; a backpain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
12 days after my......

hi girls thank you for been there.
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
12 days after my......

I experienced the same thing. Could not stand too long, sit too long, lay too long...I could recline all day though and that killed my back. If you have anyone who can deep massage that area that is sore it helps alot. Also, I found that short walks helped with the pain. The more I tried to stand upright the back pain subsided. I think the muscles just get more of the work because we are trying to hard to protect our tummies. I was pretty swollen too - for about 2 weeks and I only had a LSH (3 small incisions). From my understanding there are several contributing factors. The gas from surgery, fluid retention and tissue swelling.
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
12 days after my......

OK. thanx
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
12 days after my......

(((prcupcake)))
Welcome to Hystersisters! We're very glad to have you here. If you keep hurting worse, please talk to your doctor about it, just in case there is something else that needs his attention. You shouldn't be hurting worse unless you are doing too much.
Go rest now. Let us know how you feel tomorrow. I hope this is better for you soon.
's, Rita
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
12 days after my......

Hi and to this great site. It looks like you had your procedure the same day as me. I had LSH (3 small incisions) and did not have any real issues. I am sorry to hear you are having so much pain and discomfort. Have you been able to pass any gas since surgery? Have your bowels and bladder been functioning properly since surgery? I believe that any of these can contribute to pain or discomfort.

I hope you start feeling better soon.
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
This is what I did

I am on day 11 and yesterday was the worst, lack of sleep cannot get comfortable , and so many pills. This is what I have have been doing. The tape is off and the Doctor said I could have a good long soak.
That was only seven days after surgury. Check and see if you can do that. Then take two or three a day nice warm but don't overheat. Swish the water around, stay in as long as you can.
I have come up with some homemade wraps that go all around my belly. tie them up so they give you some support.
cut up an old sheet or something that is light and will hold you comfortabley. adjust it if it's to tight or not tight enough.
I even use one of those 6 inch exercise bands it works great.
I was taking medication with codiene and it made my stomach hurt soo bad so I just went to Advil .
If your on the couch get someone to tuck the covers gentley but snug around your middle with a light blanket.
Are you having trouble with BM or peeing ? try sitting back on the toilet seat and relaxing it helps . even if you have to bend forward again.
And I have found instead of pushing in on my belly that if I kind of gently squish the incision together it stops the pain better than pushing in on it. I only know these things have helped me . I hope you are a little better tomorrow
I have also gotten a prescription for lorazapam because it takes the frustration and fear away
Hope this helps in some way
Deb
Unread 02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
12 days after my......

OH I see you haven't mentioned putting anything cool on your swelling. try a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a clean cloth for 20 minutes. Do't let it get uncomfortably cold
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register