Scared I over did it today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared I over did it today Scared I over did it today

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Scared I over did it today

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy on January 14, I was bored today and deciced to sweep my kitchen floor and vacuum today,that's before I discovered this web site. After reading the pre op I'm scared I might have done something to hurt my insides. Does anyone know what signs to look for if I over did it?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:52 AM

I'd think you'd know it by the morning. Don't be surprised if you wake up pretty sore tomorrow. Hope you didn't overdo it. Might be a good idea to lay low tomorrow.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:53 AM

If you're in a lot of pain, have bleeding or something like that, please call your dr asap.
Your body will usually tell you if you've overdone. Now that you've read the cautions - remember that you need to take it slow & easy. Enjoy some pampering - there will be time for cleaning after you've healed

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 08:41 AM

I know how you are feeling with over doing it.
I didn't think I did, but boy I have been very sore and tired . I even had to take pain meds. I am so mad at myself for doing this to myself.
I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.
I agree with the others as far as pain, bleeding to call your DR about.
You should rest, rest , rest.
Take Care of yourself
L
Unread 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM

It's really easy to over-do it... you have good days when you think "wow, I must be healing really well - I feel great!"... so you go about your day doing many of the things that you did before the surgery. Assuming you don't do something that lets you know immediately that you over did it (like lift a 30 pound laundry basket and feel the stitches come apart inside), when you wake up the next day, you'll find it harder to get out of bed... your belly is more swelly and sore... and halfway through the morning, you really need to lay down and rest!

Sometimes it's not so obvious... I am almost 9 weeks post-op. I've been cleared for normal activity, but I still get very tired really easily. Yesterday, I had to go to court for a child support inforcement hearing... so I put on my panty-hose and suit and sat in a court room next to my ex for 10 hours! YUK. Today, my belly is sore and swollen and I'm totally exhausted! and all I did was sit in one place (in panty-hose) all day.

I hope you feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register