Surgery rescheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery rescheduled Surgery rescheduled

Unread 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Surgery rescheduled

Appointment with other doctor and he not only made me feel better - he called the other doctor, spoke with him, then brought me the phone so he could apologize to me. There were extenuating circumstances, but he did take responsiblity and did apologize profusely.

Which leads me to this...my old doctor agrees that a LSH is the best option since he feels that leaving the cervix is the best due to pelvic floor issues and the fact I never had an abnormal Pap, as well as my wishes. However, my old doctor doesn't do these, as the are 'beyond his capabilities'. Basically he hasn't had a chance to train to do them because they are relatively new procedure and he hasn't had enough experience with them. He went on to say that even if I had gone to him first, he would have recommended that I see the doctor I first saw because he is the most experienced in the procedure and a very good surgeon.

He then said he would be more than happy to assist and that he would call and personally schedule my surgery as soon as I left the office and then call me at home. (He actually called me back before I got home on my cell phone.) As well as complete my pre-op today if I wanted. After talking it over with hubby and after speaking with the first doctor again, I agreed.

And I feel pretty good about it. So things are good and surgery is only delayed a DAY. So instead of February 21, I'm now going to the castle on February 22. I feel so much better. Relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Surgery rescheduled

Hey CC,

Good job that you are now feeling good about your healthcare provider. Reading the posts on this thread make me feel so fortunate to have the doctors that I see (GP, Endocrinologist, Gyn). They are all so caring and sensitive. My Gyn is the absolute best. She calls personally and gives great hugs in her office when I am freaking out.

Good luck on the 22nd!!
marcy
Unread 02-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Surgery rescheduled

Hi Clark19311!

It's nice to hear that you are in a a good frame of mind about your upcoming journey to good health!

I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

Many s to you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Surgery rescheduled

Hi CC - good work on your part ! seems like everything is working out and that you're armed with knowledge and have two great doctors on your team.
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Surgery rescheduled

I'm so glad everything went well and the issues were resolved in such a positive manner. Sounds like you really do have a great team in place now and I know you are so relieved!! Will be keeping you my thoughts!
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Surgery rescheduled

I am soo glad it all worked out.. youhave the piece of mind you need going into this..i am so happy for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register