Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - Tvh 2-5-08 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Vaginal Hysterectomy  - Tvh 2-5-08 Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - Tvh 2-5-08

Unread 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Total Vaginal Hysterectomy - Tvh 2-5-08

its over!! And I'm glad to be home!

Heres the story. Got to the castle around 7:30, got taken to a room, changed into my "pretty gown" and hung out to wait!
Got wheeled down to the holding room around 9am. Surgery was scheduled for 9:40. At about 9:15 they get a call that my Doc was held up with his first case, and i'd be about 1/2 hour or more later than planned. Had the nurse go out and tell my hubby, and he was allowed to come to the holding room with me (they moved me around to the other side of the room that has a tv)
They finally come and get me around 10:30, and boy did i aggrivate my Doc. Asked him if he went out for brunch inbetween and that was why he was late!
So they had already given me some "relax meds" and by the time i got to the OR, i was pretty out of it.
Woke up in recovery, not nauseous at all because they had given me a motion sickness patch on my neck in pre-op. Got back to my room around 1:30ish.
Got my squeezy legs on and tried to nap, not easy when you have to pee areound a million times. they brought me my liquid lunch of beef broth, juice, sherbert and coffee (that i dont drink) so i got some pain meds about 2 hours later. napped off and on all afternoon, til they brought real dinner!! I was starving!

I felt pretty good at the castle, decided to spend the night just in case anything were to happen. Didn't sleep too well, cuz of having to get up practically every hour to pee. Didnt have extreme amounts of pain, belly a little swelly and tender.
My Doc came in and checked up on me around 7:15 this morning, gave me 2 pain scripts, and I called my hubby to get me.
Got home around 10am ish. Laid down in my own comfy bed and napped till noon.
Not having much pain, and plan to keep it that way, i'm gonna stay on top of my meds!!
LOVE that i got this laptop for up here!!
So glad this is over and now i have to heal and take care of myself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register