Waiting was the hardest | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting was the hardest Waiting was the hardest

Unread 02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Waiting was the hardest

Thanks everyone. I'm leaving the hospital today. I'm sitting here waiting for my breakfast. My doctor said I finally get solid food today! That was music to my ears. The last solid food I ate was Saturday night, and it's Wednesday now.

I'm getting my staples out soon, too. I was uncomfortable at first having him take them out now, but after talking with my doctor, and a couple nurses, plus my mom and a friend of mine, I feel much more at ease. I don't know if any of you remember a while back I posted a concern about getting my staples out this early because a friend of mine had hers out at day 3 and her incision split.

Well, this friend of mine came to visit me last night, and we were talking about her "staple" experience. I did not know this until last night, but her doctor thinks the reason her incision split was because she has hardly any fat on her tummy! (I know.... hard to believe... haha!). She is very athletic and eats incredibly well, and she is just very very fit, and really does not have a high percentage of body fat. Anyway, her doctor told her when he was sewing her up that he had a hard time sewing her up because there was hardly any fat to keep the stitches secure, and that is why he thinks her incisioin opened up.

I am also very fit, but not like my friend. I'm thin and I do not have a lot of body fat (I'm at about 19% body fat), BUT I am nothing like her (she's probably 12% body fat). I have some padding around my middle, so I'm not at all worried now about having the same experience as her. I did talk to my doctor yesterday (before I had heard this detail from my friend) about my fear of hiim taking out the staples this soon, and he gave me the option to have them out today, or to leave them in longer and come into his office to have them taken out.

I just talked to my doctor, and decided to have them out today. The thought of driving back into his office in the next week does not sound fun.

So, I feel good about the staples now.....

Ok, breakfast is here! I'll work on my whole surgery report in the next couple days. I'll let you all know when it's posted on the post-op side so you all can read it.

Take care, and good luck to all of you going in this week!

I will say, it is 100% true that the waiting IS the hardest!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh, so glad...

I am so glad that it went well. No bleeding issues? That is just wonderful!

I'll look forward to hearing more details. Congrats on getting to the other side!!!

Take good care and enjoy your solid foods.

Shawna
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Waiting was the hardest

(((Loves To Run))) -- When I logged on tonight, I was specifically thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. What a surprise to see you'd been online from the . Sounds like you're doing great.

By now, I imagine you're back in your own home, comfy and resting.

You'll be off and running again in no time, but for now, be sure to !!

Look forward to hearing more from you in the days to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Waiting was the hardest

Welcome home and good luck with the surgery results
big hugs
lisa
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Waiting was the hardest

Loves to Run,

I'm glad that waiting was the hardest part for you!
I hope that your recovery goes well!
Remember to
Unread 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Waiting was the hardest

Lovestorun - great news - sounds like you'll be feeling more like yourself in no time.

I am sure worried about your friend - anything below 18 means anorexia, if I remember right. I'm surprised her surgeon didn't raise a red flag on that and refer her on.

Prayers for a great recovery for you, and health for your friend.

Unread 02-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Waiting was the hardest

I too, am praying for your recovery. And, I agree with you ........the bumps in the recovery road were nothing compared to the waiting! I wish I could do Christmas and New Year's over now! Take care!
Unread 02-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Waiting was the hardest

Hi Loves to Run!

I've been thinking of you too and waiting to hear from you over here! So glad everything went well and you're on the road to recovery. Rest lots and be good to yourself....sending you hugs and continued best wishes!
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Waiting was the hardest

Loves to run- congrats to being on the other side- and that it went well to boot.

You'll be up and walking and then running - before you know it!
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Waiting was the hardest

Thanks everyone. I'm home from the hospital now, and spent my first night at home last night. Went pretty well. I'm still learning how to get on and off our couch easily. The hospital bed was so easy to get in and out of because it had those nice bars you could hold on to...

I wrote up my report from surgery and the hospital and put it in the Feb. 4 - Feb. 11 recovery reports section up on top. :-)

Looking forward to posting here!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register