Lightheadedness, Dizziness, Feeling Faint at 4 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lightheadedness, Dizziness, Feeling Faint at 4 weeks post-op Lightheadedness, Dizziness, Feeling Faint at 4 weeks post-op

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Lightheadedness, Dizziness, Feeling Faint at 4 weeks post-op

I am concerned. Last night, I became extremely lightheaded and . I could barely stand or walk without feeling like I was on the verge of going down.

I woke up this morning feeling the same. I thought it might be low blood pressure so I stopped a local pharmacy and took my BP. It was 110/70. Not so low that I should have these symptoms according to the pharmacist and what I have read online.

It has gone on throughout the day. I feel so weak.

Anyone else feeling this way? Wonder what is up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM

Hi Becky:

Are you taking iron supplements? It could be possible that you are anemic. I get those symptoms when I need to up my iron.

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM

I am not taking iron - haven't been anemic for a while. Thought no more periods, no more anemia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM

Can I just add that this was a sudden onset...I have felt pretty as far as anemia even months pre-op...I am baffled.
Unread 02-07-2008, 04:02 PM

I'm at 2 1/2 weeks post-op and at my 2 week appointment I told my DR I'm having the same symptoms. She said it was my ovaries being gone and my body adjusting. She told me to take B complex and One a day vitamins. I've read that even if you still have your ovaries, they don't act right after surgery so that could be what' s going on. We all have different time tables for how we recover. So just a thought. I get very light headed and I feel like I'm in a fog most of the time.
Unread 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM

Thanks WV. I have been in a fog most of the time since the surgery but this is way different. I think I may call my dr. tomorrow if it continues.
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:16 PM

haven't you mentioned that you've lost a lot of weight since your surgery? are you getting enough nutrition to support both your healing and getting back to work?? keep up the fluids and chat with your doc if this keeps up- be well!!
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM

since it continued today, you really should have called your dr. feeling so weak that you can barely stand or walk a month after an lsh should be reported to your dr.
Unread 02-07-2008, 06:20 PM

Jazzy - I only wish I lost weight . After all the swelly belly and such went down, I found that I had gained a pound and the scale hasn't changed in weeks...At least I am not gaining I suppose.

dressedinblue - I plan to call dr. in the am if I still feel this way. My 4 week post-op is not until Feb 18...more like a 6 week but he calls it 4 week...haha Drs and their schedules.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to lay down...
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:26 PM

Sorry Becky...had you confused with someone else in our thread of jan7-14...take care of yourself...I think it gets hard at this stage because we're expecting more of ourselves - hang in there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register