Help (Baby mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help (Baby mentioned) Help (Baby mentioned)

Unread 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Help (Baby mentioned)

Snuggles,
What a horrible ordeal! It is so frustrating to feel powerless at the hands of callous doctors. Although I haven't been through anything as dramatic, I did spend 18 months being treated like a crazy hypochondriac before someone finally believed I was sick, (rheumatoid arthritis.)
You have an amazing attitude and it will get you though. Not bearing a grudge frees you from very energy consuming anger. So many women have had a baby and faced the lost of future fertility that you should be able to find a good support group for that part.
So, IMHO, what you should be doing is taking good care of yourself so you can take care of and enjoy your new baby. What you should be feeling is love and happiness and letting the rest take care of itself. It seems like you are already doing a great job of it. You survived!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Help (Baby mentioned)

I also lost my uterus after having my first baby. However, mine happened immediately after the c-section and I don't remember any of the drama. I did lose organ function from the hemorrhage and had to receive 39 units of blood. They told me the bleeding was due to an abnormal mass of blood vessels being severed during the incision. I also had placenta abruption. Personally, I think it was mostly due to the severe endometriosis that has plagued me for years. It caused my infertility and the need for in vitro just to conceive. My baby girl was fine and gave me a reason to stay positive after the depression and disappointment set in. It was 18 months before I was ready to deal with all the issues surrounding the ordeal.

I hope you find healing and peace soon. It's horrible to have your uterus taken from you before you are done with children and before you have time to prepare for it. I also retained my ovaries (up until last fall) and was able to use gestational surrogacy to have a second daughter. She is 3 now and my first is 6. I've had years to process the loss and move beyond it. I wish you the same!
Unread 02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Help (Baby mentioned)

I am so sorry you had to deal with that kind of trauma right after a new baby, let alone have to have a hyst after that.
Talk things out, vent, scream, we are here to listen!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Help (Baby mentioned)

> It my life I have to except it and there is no point everyday to be angry with the doctors. In every profession there are errors in my case, there were 9 medical errors. So one issue I am having is my anxiety about still possibly bleeding internally because that is what was happening because of the error in the D&C. I am seeing a counselor but any advice on what people feel after these... I have some pretty nice war wounds I just look at them and think I am one tough cookie... Who would have known!>

I am so proud of your good spirits! These things do happen and you have every right to feel all the emotions that you are feeling right now. A hysterectomy is a major event in a woman’s life, but to become a mother is even greater. You have experienced both almost simultaneously.

I also went with a lot of apprehension to the surgery room for my TAH because I lost my mother through the same surgery 18 years ago. The anesthesiologist administered the wrong dose of sedative in the middle of her surgery and she went into cardiac arrest. She was brought back but felt into a comma and never recovered. Time heals all wounds, so you are doing the right thing by not harboring resentment because it is a waste of positive energy. I think your feelings of anxiety are quite normal after what you experienced. Try to think about the improvement that you have made so far.

I am glad that you have your brand new baby girl to give you hope and the strength to go on and a great family for support. Keep up the counseling sessions and be patience with yourself. It will all get better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register