Having problems with UTI, YEAST, BV | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having problems with UTI, YEAST, BV Having problems with UTI, YEAST, BV

Unread 02-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Having problems with UTI, YEAST, BV

Hi everyone,

I'm 12 weeks out. Fours weeks ago I was diagnosed with BV and took the one time internal cream. Two weeks ago I had a UTI (which actually was a relief to get "diagnosed"because I constantly feel ike I have one). The antibotics from the UTI have caused a severe yeast infection. I have now been given another seven day internal cream from the doc and and external cream because he said all the yeast has caused dermatitis. Anyone else had these problems? I so badly want my life back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Hi Sunny35

I just finished Flagyl for a "suspected" possible infection. I too got a roaring yeast infection and took an internal tablet Diflucan which took care of the yeast symptoms quickly.

I know how frustrating it is to treat one infection and then get another.

Its hysterectomy, infection, infection, geez....... thank goodness for patient DH. But I know it seems like we will never be just "normal" again. But WE WILL

Take care.
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:02 PM

i had a problem with bv and yeast..i had to go on a 6 month course of diflucan for the yeast. also metrogel for a week for the bv and one week of flagyl. thankfully i havent had either in quite awhile. you might want to try the over the counter gel that restores your ph..when that is thrown off, you can start the cycle of infections. also, try taking acidolphilus capsules. i take one a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 05:11 PM

Thanks to both of you. I was just reading online about the acidolphilis. I will invest in some. And yes, thank goodness for a patient DH.
Unread 02-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Not just acidophilus will help, you may need a complete pro-biotic. I made sure to eat lots of yogurt and take probiotics after my surgery to avoid the yeast because anti-biotics give them to me right away! I still eat 1-2 bowls of yogurt a day, or I feel a little itchy....

There is a great pro-biotic called Flora-More by Renew Life they have at Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe. You can also order it online at Vitamin Shoppe. Or, you could just look it up, read the bottle and find one with the same ingredients.

It has about 8 or 9 healthy bacterias that will not only will help your vaginal ph and make yeast go away, but will also help balance your intestinal flora and prevent constipation and aid in digestion after surgery! Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register