Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy: LSH complications - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy: LSH complications Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy: LSH complications

Unread 02-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy: LSH complications

Have you seen a gastro doctor? That would be my next appointment. Bowels are their speciality. Seriously, see someone other than a surgeon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM

I have seen my gastro and I am scheduled for a endoscopy on the 26th. I will take it one step at a time. If that is negative, I will get the dreaded colonoscopy.
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM

I'll be thinking of you on that day. I am having my surgery on the 26th too. Hey, why not ask your doctor to do both colonscopy and endo at the same time. I had both done at the same time last year. My dr. put me out so the only thing terrible was the prep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 01:48 PM

What surgery are u having, painful. Laparoscopy! I will ask my dr. tomorrow. That is a good idea.
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Painful and others:
I don't know anything about this surgery, but somewhere in my quest for info, I found alot about adhesions and something called "body rolling" . Before you go for surgery, maybe you could "google " this and look into it..
Supposedly it works on loosening up things inside.. I kept it in the back of my brain, in case , with my abdominal surgery, I got them... The most surgery I had prior to this was an appendectomy. I certainly would try just about anything before going for more surgery... Best of luck to you all
Unread 02-20-2008, 06:56 AM

Oh I have so many questions for you! First let me say that I had my LSH (kept ovaries) BECAUSE of adhesions (scar tissue) from 3 C-sections. I've had pelvic pain for the last two years. Mainly around the time of my period. It kept getting worse. After Thanksgiving the bottom fell out. I was in severe pain. I felt like an old women (I'm 44). I couldn't sit still or walk fast or for a long period of time. I use to walk for exercise and just couldn't anymore. My mid-wife sent me for an internal ultrasound. The tech said my uterus was pushed way out of place (reason for some of my pain) and my ovaries were encased in scar tissue. She sent me to the Dr. The doctor reccomended a hysterectomy right away. She thought I had bladder damage as well. Before surgery I had pain with sex, BM's and was going to the bathroom 6 times on average a night. My surgery was Jan. 23rd. I still have pain from surgery but I am so afraid that I will get pain again from adhesions. I haven't had my 6 wk appt. yet. I have so many questions for my Dr. I didn't ask anything before...I just wanted my pain to stop. My mid-wife did try many non-surgical things (evening primrose oil,Yaz birth control, diet supplements, etc.) before things got really bad. None of them seemed to work.
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:11 AM

My bladder was adhessed to my uterus because of c-sections. I ended up with a abdominal hysterectomy because my vaginal hysterectomy did not work because everything was attached and it would not come out. Then it was realized everything was attached. My bladder was damaged because it got cut during the procedure. I don't have the pain anymore that I had but I too wonder about more adhesions attaching elsewhere to other organs. I am having more problems now because I did have my ovaries taken out with balancing hormones and the trouble with that. It has been two years. Good luck
Unread 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM

Everything you are explaining sounds like what I am going through right now. Sex, BM, peeing, all painful. I hope this surgery this coming tuesday fixes all that.
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Meno,
I know exactly what you are/were going through. I had pelvic pain for a while too. Before my period and the first 2 days of my period were awful. It got worst with each month. I started to feel like I was in HS again with all the pain. I was bent over. Advil was my best friend. I was out of pain about 2 wks or less out of the month. I bleed for about 5 days (that never changed) It just got heavier. My main reason for the surgery was pain, while everyone else I know personally did it for the blood loss. I really,really didn't want to do it. I wanted another Lap for adhesions and go through it naturally. Everyone I love suggested that I go ahead and do it since I had tried the lap and it came back. Well, DUH, it is back again. My surgeon (GYN) seems to think it is G.I. related. They don't tell you about the risks of developing stomach issues after this surgery regardless which hysterectomy u choose. I decided to have this surgery because of the LSH option. It was less invasive. But maybe I did too much, too quick. I mean, I felt so much better the next morning. I just think that I need a little repair work. I still have that left ovary which may be adhesive or it is on my bowels. Either way, something is not right on the left side now. If surgeons don't use that sepri film, adhesions come right back. I am sure that I had adhesions from my c-section in 88 and it didn't start bothering me until 03. I mean, my tummy has always been rather sensitive anyway. I just pray that adhesions are not on my cervix now. I have searched the net and read that LSH is not the choice of hysterectomy if you suffer with adhesions.
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Janey1
Hi, can I ask how is your bladder now? I know you said you went home with a cather but is everything ok now? I worry about my bladder with this surgery more than anything. It hurts so much now, I don't think I could take any more tramua to it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register