A fun question - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A fun question A fun question

Unread 02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
A fun question

I got my name from the area where I lived in London. I always loved the name!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
A fun question

Fun thread, LTR! Great idea!

My screen name comes from the fact that I feel like I've started a new life since having my hyster.
Unread 02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
A fun question

Cool thread!

Mine is my family nickname since I was a little kid, my name is Kristen and I bounced around like a kangaroo...so KrissyRoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 04:37 AM
hi

I picked happyfuture because at the time I was waiting for my hysterectomy and I thought it was a suitable name...I could not wait for my hyst. Denise.
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:23 AM
A fun question

I chose my name because I'm very proud of my double Celtic heritage of being Irish and Welsh, and because I wanted to appeal to my fierce side when I advocate for people. And I spelled "tigeress" with the extra "e" because I've always thought considered "tigress" a misspelling. Why should the ladies lose the "tiger" just because they're female?
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:35 AM
A fun question

CelticTigeress,

That is so cool! I'm also both Irish and Welsh! That is really neat. Do you have the fair skin and dark hair color.... the snow white complexion? that is me.... dark hair and very fair skin... I was called "snow white" all growing up.

I also love my Irish and Welsh heritage!

My son has bright red hair, which I think is really cool! He gets that from the Irish side... my grandfather had red hair.
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
A fun question

It's interesting that you mention very white skin and dark hair being Irish/Welsh traits because that is my case exactly. My hair is a very dark brown with a reddish cast to it, especially in sunlight, and my skin is very white. I was screaming blonde until I was two and sometimes think my hair getting dark was a freak of nature. My mother, who brought the Celtic blood to me, was the same way, only her hair was black. I've never felt that my skin and hair match up. I'd say my eyes are the Irish part of me: they're green. I love my Celtic heritage too. I have other bloodlines that are stronger (German and Dutch) but being a Celt is definitely the ethnicity I most identify with. I'm a Celt through and through!
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:32 PM
A fun question

You and I probably look a lot alike in terms of coloring then. I would describe my hair as a dark chocolate brown, and in the sunlight, it does also have some reddish tinge. And, as I said, I have very fair skin. But, I also have green eyes! People comment on my eyes all the time and say how pretty they are. I like my eyes... when I wear anything with green in it, they really stand out!

I also have German and I have some English in me, too, but like you, Irish and Welsh are my strong traits.

That is interesting you were blonde and then turned dark in your hair. I was born with dark hair....

Ok, I guess we are off topic now.... sorry about that everyone.

:-)
Unread 02-12-2008, 10:42 AM
A fun question

this is really a fun topic. i'm glad i found it.

my screen name comes from a nickname i got stuck with as a little kid.

my parents started calling me "mush" for some reason (rhymes with push)

i think mush is another term for your face as in "look at that cute mush"

then later on they added "ush" to it so it rhymed with mush

hence, the name "ushmush" -- they still call me it once in a while.
Unread 02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
A fun question

I love your question, too! I picked my name for the same reason you picked yours! Counting down the days until I get to run again --- one more week

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register