A fun question - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A fun question A fun question

Unread 02-12-2008, 11:06 AM
A fun question

Yay, fun2run.... post on the running forum to let us know how your first run goes!! It is located under the "hyster sisters club house: women who run"

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=225

I am so anxious to hear!! I am still a long ways away from my first run.... but I DO see a light at the end of the tunnel! ;-)

Ushmush, I love your story!! that is so cute!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
A fun question

Fun idea and good idea! I chose homesteadlover because I live on the family homestead. This property has been in the family since 1888, and the roots run deep. If property can be part of your soul, I think that is where I am at here, and I truly love it. Had 5 elk 50 feet from the house 4 days ago, they are beautiful!!
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
A fun question

50 feet from the house! That's awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 03:06 PM
fun question

Dear Loves to Run,

I chose running61 because I love to run and was born in 61.

Question for you- how long did it take after your surgery to run again? I am considering a hysterectomy because of adenomyosis.

Tammy
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:22 PM
A fun question

I don't think Loves to Run is back to running yet. She had her hysterectomy a few weeks after mine. I had my hysterectomy on January 8th of this year, and have been forbidden by my doctor to run for 6 weeks. I hit my 6 weeks on Tuesday, and am planning on going for a run. I ran about 40 miles a week before my surgery, and have been able to walk for about an hour without any pain. But, I don't want to overdo it on the first in 6 weeks. So, I plan on running about 2.5 miles on my first run.

Please don't let your fear of not being able to exercise stop you from having the surgery! It has really not been that bad. And, since I have been walking religiously, I don't expect the first run to be that bad. I feel so much better now, and can't wait to start running again. (I'll let you know on Tuesday if I have to eat my words about it not being that bad. But, I really don't expect to have any problems other than being able to get back into my pre-surgery weekly mileage!)

Check out the running forum on this site. (Loves to Run directed me to it.) It is filled with stories of how women did on their first run after the surgery. I think the vast majority seemed relieved to be able to run again!

Good Luck!
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:32 PM
fun question

Thanks Fun2run,

When I can run is a major concern of mine. I ran a half marathon in October after being diagnosed a week before with a severe stress fracture on my heel. The run wasn't bad, but then I was off of my foot for about 2 months except to cycle. I was even banned from the elliptical until about week 9. So, needless to say, I've gained weight and fallen into some not great eating habits. I can now run 3 miles a day ( per dr. orders) and am increasing each week and work out hard at the gym on the elliptical climber. I really hate the thought of starting over again.

So, you were able to walk still? I have a treadmill and a gym membership and there's always outside.

I have an ultrasound and consultation on Thursday.

Tammy
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
A fun question

Hey Running61,

Yes, Fun2Run is correct.... I'm only running in my dreams right now.... that took only a couple days post-surgery to do that (dream about running... haha). But, I'm now 12 days post-op, and the thought of running is SO far away right now. I'm still on pain meds.

My doctor made me swear up and down I would not run until I saw him at my 6 week post-op. But, I'm expecting to get back into running more like 8 weeks post-op. that is what I've heard from a lot of runners who have had hysterectomies.... I'm taking it slow, and want to heal right because if I don't heal right, it's more set-backs, and farther from when I can run.

Yes, check out the running forum on the site... it's fun to hook up with other runners who are going through the same healing process, or have gone through it!

Take care!!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
A fun question

Pretty simple! I am over the moon about not having to purchase sooooo many feminine hygeine products in copious quantities soon... " Ovar the moon"
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
A fun question

Simple. After my sweet puppy Moxie. I got her for my birthday. She weighed 1/2 of a pound. She needed a big name so I thought of Moxie. She now weighs 5 pounds and lives up to her name. She is spoiled rotten and full of Moxie. The 66 if for the year I was born.
Unread 02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
A fun question

dawn is my daughter's name and fort is the start of where I live.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register