A fun question - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A fun question A fun question

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
A fun question

can u guess what mine means ? i am a scare d cat, afraid of my own shadow...not really of my shadow,LOL but everything this hysterectomy road is taking me on...afraid of the unknown...and what if's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:57 PM
A fun question

Scare d cat,

I didnt know what a panalectomy was so I yahoo'd it and it led me to some of your other posts. Honey, dont you be scared of the Hysterectomy. The problems you are having are far worse than the recovery for this. I have a feeling you are going to feel like a million bucks after you get this done. Just think.... no more bleeding! I am two weeks post op and feeling better every day! I wish you luck... but you wont need it because you will be just fine!

Cindy
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
A fun question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyjo
Fun thread! I found it while unable to sleep (not wanting to take a sleep aid tonight) I love the stories of the names.

Mine is boring, it is my name. I know it lacks originality but after 4 days of non-stop narcotics after surgery I was grateful I could even spell it correctly :-)

Ovathemoon love your reason!
On my way home from my post op check up my purse fell over in the floor of the car. First thing to tumble out was a tampon (mother nature made one last appearance before surgery). I got so excited that I wanted to throw it out the window, but being I hate littering I just could not bring myself to do it. But I did vow to clean out my closet in the bathroom and give away my sanitary supplies! I still have not cleaned the closet because I feel like "whatev" They are not going anywhere since I dont need them anymore! yayyyyyy!
Funny that the tampon popped out. When I was younger I was with my older sister at a grocery store checkout. She was digging in her purse and much to my dismay, a pad popped out! I was horrified and the male checker was stunned. She laughed and said, "****ed life preservers! First thing that floats to the top!" and went right on with the transaction. I love the story now, just proves that attitude is what counts no matter what wierd stuff comes our way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:01 PM
A fun question

Thanks cindyjo,
i am trying to not be worried, but it just seems like i take 2 steps forward 3 steps back. so tired of it..the panalectomy i may be having is still pending (ins) this would be the iceing on the cake if it goes thru.. my ray of sunshine if it happens. it has been denied 1x already so might not happen for me.. so i guess i should just focus on what is going to happen .. sigh.. DR called me and said my gallbladder is inflamed now, so may need that out too.AARRGGHH...bright side ,,, with everything that has come out and about to come out i should weigh less right ???LOL i have to say thank you for posting to me. this web site has been a life saver for me.. i count my blessings for what i have and can see from all your posts that there is light at the end of this tunnel...
Unread 02-23-2008, 10:55 PM
A fun question

Thanks for this fun thread.

Loves To Run - I'm a doggie lover too, and my two mutts are so happy to have me home for a month, recouping, and they get me out for MY "walkies" now. Dogs have always been my kids, not having any humans ones.

LuvMyABs - Yep, me too, I though you might be a body builder!

Ishwari is the female version of Ishwara, the Sanskrit word for the pure light of God. I had changed my name to this for a few months, while dealing with breast cancer, hoping it would help me more deeply realize what I truly was - much more than just a body with a disease, and that regardless of what happened to the body, the spirit would continue on to evolve and live in its own nature - Love!

I live in a 40 year old spiritual community based on the teachings and lifestyle of yoga, where it is very common to take on a "spiritual" name which means either what you would like to strengthen in yourself, or affirms a strength that you have.

My given name is Lisa, but Lisa was already taken on this site, so I reverted to my "retired" name.
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
A fun question

It is great to see four legged companion lovers on the boards! I have 2 four legged friends and when I am not recovering from surgery (lol) I am a foster parent for a schnauzer rescue. I love all doggies but schnauzers are my favorites. The eyes that say I love you and the nub that wiggles just from hearing your voice are the hooks for me! My boys are both mini schnauzers and they are the most wonderful little love bugs in the world. I will go back to fostering 2 months after my surgery. I want to be able to provide the best care for these little guys who a lot of times have been very neglected and I feel I should be at my best before I take that on.

Well my little guys must have sensed that I was talking about them because they are both at my feet now demanding my complete attention.

Have a great night all!
Cindy
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM
A fun question

As I remember the rules your not supposed to mention anything about children in your name, so I couldn't use grammy or anything like that so....

1 is for the first month January....

13 is for the 13th day....

06 is for 2006....

and em is for Emilie....

I had to put my 13 year old Shih Tzu to sleep a couple of years ago...I cried for days--still have a Huskey-Shepard mix and a cat..They really are your children!!!
Unread 02-24-2008, 06:37 AM
A fun question

I would like to just say this is a fun and interesting post.
My mom always comments on how she's the "queenbee" and the numbers are some of my address.
L
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
A fun question

Number Nine is a nic name my mother gave me when I was young and I have no idea why.... The nic name was shortened along the way and now my close friends and family call me Nine.
Unread 03-07-2008, 08:52 PM
A fun question

Perhaps I should have called myself 'trying to run'! I spent much of last year at the gym trying to get coordinated and learn to run. It is a work in progress lol.

I chose sunflower66 as I was tending to my garden, I was successful at growing 2 sunflowers this year, my dog dug all the others out. 66 is the year I was born.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register